Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will HS students now try to pass a "fair to admittance"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Will HS students now try to pass a "fair to admittance"

Oct 2, 2019, 12:04 PM

Law?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Will HS students now try to pass a "fair to admittance"

Oct 2, 2019, 12:13 PM

In the ‘60’s my tuition was ~ $285 a semester and full cost was < $600 a semester. Seemed fair at the time. My family was lower middle class farmers who, with my summer jobs, were able to cover with no student loans. I graduated free of debt with a science engineering degree. No problem getting a good job. Just facts, no BS.

How would you compare that to a current freshman's chances now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking HS seniors applying to schools

Oct 2, 2019, 12:26 PM

Being rejected because they don't meet the academic requirements.

Meanwhile the hot shot curling kid got in with a 700 SAT cause he can really work the hog line with a hogged stone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 2, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Will HS students now try to pass a "fair to admittance" ]

Yea, right. Next you're going to tell us gas was 50 cents a gallon!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 9:57 AM

In 1970, two gas stations on hwy 123 in Clemson had a gas war. Lowest price got down to 18.9 cents. I had a toyota and a fillup was about $2.50. Cash and carry in G’ville sold six loaves/ bread for a $.

Are HS football teams profiting tens of millions of dollars

Oct 2, 2019, 12:37 PM

under the guise of amateur athletics?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are HS football teams profiting tens of millions of dollars

Oct 2, 2019, 12:40 PM

ESPN is making pretty good money off the ability to flash DJU and other top recruits on the screen to get people to watch high school football on tv.

I'm not for this pay-for-play stuff but to think the line is drawn at only college players having people make money off of their likeness is naive.

This seems like an easy court casefor a HS athlete...

Oct 2, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Are HS football teams profiting tens of millions of dollars ]

The law says it applies if a school makes more than $10M in media rights but how is that fair? If I’m an amateur athlete who people want to pay for my signature, and California says I have that right, then I have that right.

Interesting times for sure.

null

What does high school football have to do

Oct 2, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Are HS football teams profiting tens of millions of dollars ]

With it?

Oct 3, 2019, 11:10 AM

I’m looking forward to a HS transfer portal.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic