Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Bama run hurry up O?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Will Bama run hurry up O?

Dec 14, 2017, 3:24 PM

If they watch the film against Cuse that is about the only team with much success on our D. They could take a game plan from NC St but I don't think Hurts could execute it like Finley did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Bama run hurry up O?

Dec 14, 2017, 3:25 PM

I hope they do. Will be lots of 3 and outs with that offense

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:28 PM

I hope they do. They are so adequately equipped for that. ??. It would be funny to watch with a QB that can't hit a pass over 5 yards though.

Dec 14, 2017, 4:09 PM

I posted below but to answer your question, no doubt they can with hurst but they can with tua... if satan gambles and/or especially if they get behind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running tempo the way Cuse did against us isn't something

Dec 14, 2017, 3:34 PM

you can just do for one game. That requires an entire system being built around it, and often players being trained and maybe even recruited especially for it. Bama can try to run more tempo against us, but it won't result in anything close to what Cuse did, tempo wise.

Re: Running tempo the way Cuse did against us isn't something

Dec 14, 2017, 3:36 PM

Hurts isn't smart enough to run the hurry up, no offense to hurts. You don't go 12 games running a specific offense then try to hurry up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:44 PM

I agree but they are not going to be able to just run the ball and play action with a deep post every now and then and expect to move the ball on us like they do most teams. I think they add some kind of wrinkle to their O.

Dec 14, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Running tempo the way Cuse did against us isn't something ]

Let's hope they "hurry up" because they are losing by 21! :)

3 and outs are pretty fast***

Dec 14, 2017, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:41 PM

I've been wondering if Clemson would turn up the tempo in this game. Last January, the game-winning catch came on Clemson's 98th offensive snap.

I don't know if we're built for that this year. I'm not sure we'll need to be. If our OL can sustain a couple drives we should be able to score a bit.

I think our D can limit Bama. Is love to see ETN pop a long run TD in the Superdome. Watch for Tee Higgins to grab a long TD pass too.

I think we can win by 10-14 if we don't turn turn ball over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won't have to do the super fast snaps to beat Bama...

Dec 14, 2017, 4:40 PM

this season. We just plain outclass them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:42 PM

Cuse and NC State QB's (Dungey and Finley) literally had the games of their lives against us. They both played lights out. Dungey was great on third down, and Finley's completion percentage was insane at one point during that game in Raleigh. We will see how Hurts does, but he would have to play his absolute best game (and get some breaks) to duplicate what they did.

I don't expect much hurry up from them. They will install some situational hurry up like they have done all year. But they are better served to exploit us by keeping our offense off the field (and their D rested) and controlling the possession time. I think we see lots of three and outs up until the third quarter, then the Tigers take over.

Go Tigers!

Dec 14, 2017, 3:45 PM

I agree but I think we score on the first drive. We do often and I see no reason why we wouldn't.

Dec 14, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Bama run hurry up O? ]

Spot on JJPTigerPaw Dungey and Finley had the game of their life and especially Dungey. I think that's one reason we didn't get killed for that loss. Obviously was KB being hurt but I think most of the CFP saw what a heck of a game he had. I heard some great analysis on that game too - said if you go back and watch it, cuse took a heck of a lot of chances and it paid off whereas in most games they tried some of that stuff it resulted in disaster.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 4:18 PM

Babers will become babies after the hurting the Tigers lay on them next year. It's spelled r-e-v-e-n-g-e.

Dec 14, 2017, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Bama run hurry up O? ]

Everyone notes that KB was hurt against Cuse, but so was Huegel. I don't think he would have missed thiose kicks. I think both were 40 yds and in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:45 PM

I hope they don't because imo if they do it won't be hurts in there, it'll be tua tag?? and I think after the awburn game and miss st game, a lot of the alumni are rumbling for him to get a chance... especially if hurst comes out like he did with awburn. unlike most teams, tua's had a lot of snaps this year.

Dec 14, 2017, 5:04 PM

He is going to be much better than Hurts IMO.

Dec 14, 2017, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Bama run hurry up O? ]

Are you Walt Deptoola?

But seriously, if they start a true freshman against us and rely on him to run the hurry up and throw a lot of passes, it'll be worse than if they have Hurts in there with a run heavy scheme.

I know Tua will be a good QB for Bama when all is said and done, but I don't think this is the game to try that out, he's only attempted 48 passes all year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely they won't. Up tempo is dangerous for players per Saban

Dec 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

Surely he's not a hypocrite.

Cuse was a perfect storm for us

Dec 14, 2017, 4:43 PM

QB injured BEFORE the game and replaced in the 2nd. New backup kicker in place. 4 hurt DB's.

All against a good offense with a big mobile QB and 2 really good and big WR's.

Bama is nothing like Cuse.

Saban will not feel like he needs to emulate Syracuse to win

Dec 14, 2017, 5:55 PM

Saban will come up with his own game plan.

And I think he knows very well that the beat-up team that faced Syracuse in that crappy Friday night game in a sweatbox in upstate New York is not the team that will come to New Orleans with a month to prepare.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic