Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will 2017 = 2014?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Will 2017 = 2014?

May 10, 2017, 9:41 AM

2014 is a year that stands out to me as strange. We were good but could have done better. Could have easily beat FSU. Should have beat Ga Tech. Got spanked by Georgia. Came down to the wire against Louisville. You remember.

We won a lot of games because of our defense. Because Cole wasn't getting it done and Watson was either hurt or just not on the field.

Will we have another year of decent QB play and great defense?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will 2017 = 2014?

May 10, 2017, 9:45 AM

I think since whoever starts at QB will be a first time starter with no or almost no experience I can definitely see 2017 shaking out a lot like the 2014 season did.

no

May 10, 2017, 9:46 AM

all our QBs are better than Stoudt

the only one similar is Israel only because he is more of a pocket passer but Israel is a better passer.

I feel comfortable with any QB we have. I'm not sure we go undefeated but I think we have a good season.

Every one of our QBs is better suited for our offense than

May 10, 2017, 9:55 AM

Cole. Trying to put him into that offense was like pounding a square peg into a round hole. ExCCM wasn't exactly good at changing his offense to suit the player

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: Will 2017 = 2014?

May 10, 2017, 10:00 AM

Not even close, I'd rather have Chase Brice at quarterback than Pick Six Stoudt. Plus, FSU and Auburn are at home, while our two toughest games that season were on the road.

I think the D is comparable but overall we will be better..

May 10, 2017, 10:33 AM

1. The offensive line for 2017 will be much better than the 2014 group. Making the running game more viable and taking a little of the pressure Cole and DW had in 2014 off.

2. All of our QBs can move. Cole was a decent passer but he lacked mobility. No one respected the zone read and he was blitzed relentlessly.

3. Fuller and Feaster bring more experience than the 2 freshman named Choice and Gallman brought to the table in 2014. The running game and pass pro will be much better as a result.
***we all know Gallman turned out to be great but he struggled as a RSf

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic