Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking off your orange colored glasses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 439

Taking off your orange colored glasses

Jan 7, 2019, 9:52 AM

Do you really think Clemson wins tonight? I would be ecstatic if they did but I'm fully expecting a 30 something to 20 something point loss (around 35-38 to 21-24). Main reason being while the offense has been really good at times, they've been inconsistent in the first quarter and never really showed any 'killer instinct, score at will' like the Deshaun Watson offense. And while Tua may have been inconsistent in his hardest games, he's still the best Alabama QB of the 4 teams Clemson has played and I expect several huge coverage busts because it always happens. My way of going about these is expect to lose but be really happy if they don't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HELL no***

Jan 7, 2019, 9:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Take the glasses off and watch Tua under pressure.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

SECCCG should do it. I expect a 34-17ish victory and that hasn't changed in since the Cotton and Orange Bowls.

The talking heads on ESPiN are right. UGA and OSU would have been better competition than either of those teams that made the cut. I think UGA would have put Bama out if they played again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem is UGA has had chances each of the last two years

Jan 7, 2019, 9:59 AM

to up end Bama and didn't. Lost both in a bit of embarrassing way really.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't saying they deserve the nod.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

I just think UGA played better in the SECCCG than either of those teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that both UGA and Ohio St, probably had more

Jan 7, 2019, 10:34 AM

ammunition to go against Clemson and Alabama. I also like that we'll forever have darts to throw at both schools concerning this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe Alabama is rightfully favored.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 AM

I think the 1st quarter is key, Clemson needs to start quicker and slow Alabama's fast starts. Unlike 2 years ago we can't afford to get down early. Also key is special teams, we can't be giving up good field position on punts. Dexter Lawrence will also be missed, he's key to our run stop. We've also got to have some success running the ball and it will probably be Trevor Lawrence who needs to jump start this with his legs. I like the matchup, our defense can stop them and their defense has weaknesses. I also think we have better depth, not from a talent standpoint but an experience standpoint. But playing from behind negates that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wilkins & co didn't come back for a 10 point loss.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:17 AM

Tigers win big. Bookmark it, tweet that, whatever.

Should we @ you?***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:28 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

Re: Absolutely***

Jan 7, 2019, 11:01 AM

you

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm taking notes using antiquated means.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Wilkins & co didn't come back for a 10 point loss. ]

I'll probably go with a pencil so I can erase but I'm not spending any time looking for paper. I'll write on a box.

Im glowing***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Wilkins & co didn't come back for a 10 point loss. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Wilkins & co didn't come back for a 10 point loss.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Wilkins & co didn't come back for a 10 point loss. ]

robertn

Re: Taking off your orange colored glasses

Jan 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

It's a coin flip imo. I have no idea. I could see just about anything happening. Nothing would shock me. They could blow us out. We could blow them out. It could be close. It could be kind of a moderate win or loss. Who knows..

I agree, maybe comes down to who prepares

Jan 7, 2019, 10:59 AM

more wrinkles or breaks more tendencies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there's a better than 40% chance.***

Jan 7, 2019, 11:03 AM

Nobody is stopping Bama anytime soon

Jan 7, 2019, 11:07 AM

on the field or on the recruiting trail.

When you back up's back up is a 3 star, you're going to be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Lulz

Jan 8, 2019, 1:07 AM

Good thing you dont do this for a living or anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Was I ever wrong***

Jan 8, 2019, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Well, nothing new.***

Jan 8, 2019, 9:24 AM

well if we weren't sandbagging vs the coots then

Jan 8, 2019, 1:13 AM

I would agree. But we WERE sandbagging, to both beat Bama and hand the playbook to Virginia.

Thanks for the "wife hitting on me" comment muscoot. Spurrier never made that mistake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Please delete your account***

Jan 8, 2019, 9:05 AM

I tried

Jan 8, 2019, 9:12 AM

So glad I was dead wrong

Replies: 23
| visibility 439
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic