Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why would you show support for this organization?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why would you show support for this organization?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:06 PM

BLM is an organization. Other ways for the team to show support for equality. ND and others did not put that BLM garbage on their uniforms for a reason.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/13/fcking-die-blm-activists-lay-siege-to-la-hospital-treating-officers-hit-in-ambush-shooting/

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would you show support for this organization?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:18 PM

you gonna show the good of BLM ? or just show the bad..

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would you show support for this organization?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:23 PM

What good ...burnt buildings ....people killed .....businesses ruined .....lives shattered ...and the hits just keep on coming.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a list of things that BLM has actually done to help

Sep 13, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would you show support for this organization? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@Crump

Sep 13, 2020, 12:19 PM

Seriously do we need a million topics on this same hard headed point?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's get some things straight once and for all, and stop

Sep 13, 2020, 1:02 PM

all of this nonsense. There is a LOT going on here, and it's easy to point fingers and take sides, but it's hard to unravel exactly what's going on. But I'll give it a shot.

First, people can support the movement, or the idea, that black lives matter, and embrace that symbology, without embracing or supporting any of the violence or the Marxism that is associated (and rightly so) with it. People can support the fight against racism, police brutality, and racial injustice, thus support "black lives matter" without supporting the official BLM organization. I would be willing to bet that our players are merely speaking out against racism and haven't given Marxism a passing thought - that's not what this is about for them. Just because they support this fight against racial injustice, it doesn't mean they support the violence against police or other innocent people that some BLM folks seem to promote. Be careful about putting our kids in that category. They just want equality and fairness.

Secondly, having said all of that, every time a black man is killed by a white police officer, we can't just assume it is racially motivated, yet that is exactly what we do in America. Did Derrick Chauvin kneel on George Floyd's neck because George Floyd was black? Would he have done the same thing had George Floyd been white? Those are critical questions that go straight to the heart of the matter, but has anybody asked those questions before leaping to a conclusion? Or, are we in a place in America where white people are simply presumed to be guilty of racism? If so, then all of this is just a big waste of time.

Thirdly, If we want real change, all sides must recognize that black and white people may have very different perceptions, rightly or wrongly, of racicsm in America, and likely have experienced (or not) it very differently. I have hope because almost all people I know, black, white, brown, and in between, want peace, harmony, fairness, and equality for all. Any progress can only come not from a list of angry, one-sided demands, but an honest, open dialogue between all sides. The problem is, that would require putting egos and emotions on the shelf, and each of us taking a hard look at the facts and the realities. Unfortumately, I think corrupt politicians and social engineers would have too much to lose, and would never, ever allow that too happen. Instead, I think they will continue to stoke the flames of division for their own benefit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Let's get some things straight once and for all, and stop

Sep 13, 2020, 1:11 PM

“By Social Engineers”. To me, they would include our EVIL and COMPLETELY CORRUPT MEDIA and MORALLY BANKRUPT CELEBRITY Culture (Including Hollywood, Tech Company Executives, etc.)!

Absolutely 100%***

Sep 13, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Great post. I agree completely. Your last sentence

Sep 13, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Let's get some things straight once and for all, and stop ]

really hits what is going on right now. The politicians need to back off trying to divide America for their personal benefits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great post. I agree completely. Your last sentence

Sep 13, 2020, 9:03 PM

That is not going to happen. In the end people will turn on the ones trying to divide US along racial lines. They forget they are white too.

I appreciate your point ST.

Sep 13, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Let's get some things straight once and for all, and stop ]

I think it would be pretty simple to tell if someone didn’t support the organization by those that refused to wear or support things with that organizations name on it.

If you had a KKK sticker on your car, I would make assumptions accordingly.
If you have a Christian cross on your car, I would make assumptions accordingly.
If you had a nazi sticker on your car, I would make assumptions accordingly.
If you put a BLM sticker on... same rules apply- and if you don’t like that then you should reassess your affinity for the sticker.

We have stickers on our helmets with “no justice no peace” what assumptions do you make with that line?? Not so innocent anymore I would predict.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me put it like this. I'm guessing that many of our

Sep 13, 2020, 8:48 PM

players, like many African-Americans, and as well as some white Americans, are convinced that the police are actively targeting African-Americans, and that there is widespread, systemic racial injustice in America. It is very possible, and I feel very likely, for people to believe that and support a movement or organizationthat they see as fighting against that, without supporting every single thing the organization stands for, or has ever supported, or some of it's other supporters may have done. I suspect that was true in the early days of Nazis and the KKK as well. I'm sure a lot of well meaning people got sucked in.

Again, I strongly disagree with the notion of police targeting black men; I think that's a lie. But again, as for our players, I'm truly believe they feel they are just standing up against racism and oppression. Until I know it's more than that, I'm going to continue to support them.

- H. L. Mencken

this is why we need to re elect trump,

Sep 13, 2020, 4:03 PM

he continue to pour gas on this and keep the country in a perpetual state of chaos and rioting. This is obviously what everybody wants, then they can come here and complain about Breitbart articles attempting to conflate the actions of a handful of thugs with the BLM movement then cry about their wanna be dictator being treated badly. it is what we have become, just go with it I say.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is why we need to re elect trump,

Sep 13, 2020, 4:15 PM

I hope you are just having a bad day. Otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

he's retarded***

Sep 13, 2020, 8:45 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

This is how I feel about this subject and my position is...

Sep 13, 2020, 4:23 PM

immutable.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/This-is-how-I-see-Clemson-University-and-Clemson-Football-27776541#27776541

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic