Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables

Aug 22, 2016, 11:08 AM

The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables

Brent Venables has done a remarkable job since he’s been at Clemson, despite the roster he’s had to endure the last three seasons, and head coach Dabo Swinney says there are no negatives when it comes to his defensive coordinator. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables

Aug 22, 2016, 11:34 AM

He is one of the best

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables

Aug 22, 2016, 6:14 PM

When you have to have a "Handler"... You KNOW he is a BA!!!

Aug 22, 2016, 12:01 PM

I wonder how the Sooner fans feel about Venables now?

0-2.... and maybe soon, 0-3.***

Aug 22, 2016, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables ]

Truth be known, they are PO'd! (At least they should be)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Venables Effect: Swinney says there are no negatives with Venables ]

I'm sure there has been a lot of love lost among the Okla fans for BV. Especially after he has beat their offense two straight consecutive games. I'm sure that if there were any love left by the hard core fan that still cared for BV prior to him shutting down their vaulted offense of last year. Those feelings by those fans has curdled, soured in the hearts and minds of the hard core, and has been completely flushed and turned to hate for BV. The only thing they have for BV now, is a bitter nasty taste in their mouth from mentioning or hearing the hated name of Brent Venables!!!

In all actualities, the sooner fans really don't have any legit reasons to dislike BV the way they act as if they do. It was the lack of respect from Bob Stoops to BV is the reason that BV left Oklahoma for Clemson to begin with. It was like Bob Stoops gave his brother Mike a key to a revolving door to try and better himself searching for a Head Coaching job while leaving BV the total ball of wax of dealing with the defense as the only DC and doing things his way for 7-8 years. And whenever Mike was fired from the AZ job, he was allowed to walk back in as Co DC as if he was never gone. And that takes BV out of his element and away from being in total control of what he had been doing with his defense. Then Mike Stoops just walks back in with his own ideas that Brent most likely don't agree with, but has to deal with the situation bc Mike Stoops brother Bob Stoops is the HC that just allowed Mike to have a say in how the defense will be run by naming him Co DC.

The Okla fans or anybody else affiliated with that program can't actually blame BV for taking a Job where he would be the sole DC with a much larger salary without any threat of a Co DC coming in and doing things differently than BV does. At Clemson BV don't have someone second guessing the way that BV does things in his own way. If the fans or Okla staff are angry and dislike BV bc he done what was best for him and his family, well let them hate, hold a grudge, or be angry, they are the one's that are wrong. BV don't need them for nothing, but he do deserve the respect that he has earned in the years he was loyal to the Oklahoma Sooners. Brent loved the Oklahoma program, but bc of Bob Stoops not giving BV due respect, they forced BV to do what was best for his family and himself. At Clemson, BV is dearly loved by everyone associated with Clemson in every way, and he has total respect from his HC, his players, his peers, and every true Tiger fan all over the world!!!! Go BV, Go Tigersssss!!! We love and respect our DC, Brent Venables!!!! And what the sooner dogs say, feel or think about BV, it don't matter bc he is a very happy Clemson Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sing his praises too much Dabo

Aug 22, 2016, 12:20 PM

We may lose him to a better deal...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Said it before and I'll say it again

Aug 22, 2016, 12:32 PM

We should pay Venables whatever it takes to stay in Clemson for a long, long time.

Aug 22, 2016, 12:45 PM

There is no better, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine how lights out we would be if we didn't lose 8 guys every year***

Aug 22, 2016, 1:20 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Imagine how lights out we would be if we didn't lose 8 guys every year***

Aug 23, 2016, 8:46 AM

JMO, but I think us now losing 8 guys every year is a huge reason why we are getting the type talent that is leaving early for the draft. That and our graduation success rate are huge sales pitches.

Unmentioned in the article

Aug 22, 2016, 1:48 PM

Is one of the biggest positives: he doesn't seem to be passing through on his way through to somewhere else and just wants a head coach job. He's found his calling. Look at how many other coordinators have done this - Rodriguez was a big example of this. Morris, another. All have their reasons and calling, and this is fine, but we seem to have the rare one who isn't concerned as much about moving up the ladder, so to speak."This is the top of my ladder." This makes things easier on Dabo, who cannot mention such a thing in an interview b/c it would be way too politically incorrect.

Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as

Aug 22, 2016, 3:19 PM

ESPN idiots using the phrase "Clemsoning"? To me it signifies laziness on the part of the author and a lack of respect for what the program has accomplished recently, as well as a lack of respect for the players who played on that team. This has been the 2nd time in recent postings that Hood has strolled down memory lane to cite that Orange Bowl loss and our horrible our D was that game- what is the point? What do the readers gain from that?

Instead of recycling stories David, give the audience some news about what other Clemson sports programs are up to. Let's not call TigerNet "The Source for Clemson Sports Information", as that is false advertising. We all know the other sports take a back seat to Football - especially with the amount of buzz entering this season - but put that journalism background to work and branch out into other stories about what our basketball and baseball personnel are doing in the off-season, or our nationally ranked soccer team.

A challenge to David - write one story about a Clemson sports program other than Football prior to the Auburn game. Who thinks he can do it?

Re: Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as

Aug 22, 2016, 3:29 PM

I must be in the wrong place! I thought this was the football forum?!
Your post is way off base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roswellgirl you are way out of line coot!

Aug 22, 2016, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as ]

If you don't like what David writes take a hike and read about your coots on your teams site. If you come hear to call out David who is one of us you are in the wrong place because none of us Tiger fans care what you 3-9 coots think.

Good luck finishing last in the SEC again this year Ma'am. I'm sure the coots have a journalism cheerleading site. It's easy to stay on your teams site and read why by some miracle boom is going to pull off a 4-8 season and your players can consider the spring game your bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

God.........

Aug 22, 2016, 5:43 PM

Tell em how you really feel.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as ]

Let me see if I can help:

- Kevin Steele is the new d coordinator for the team we will play on Sept. 3rd.

- He was also the Clemson D Coordinator when we lost 70-33 to West Virginia.

- When Steele was coordinator, Clemson would struggle with teams that ran a similar offense to what we run (Maryland comes to mind, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, NC State....)

- ALERT ALERT Clemson is playing against Steele, and we run a spread offense!!! And its his first year...

I think you may need to study up before losing it on my boy Mr. Hood. He does a great job of keeping it real and objective....

Why would the mention of 70 points given up in the OB

Aug 22, 2016, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as ]

require writing about anything else with the biggest game of 2016 looming?

You understand one of the ties that bind? If yes, then 70 is the number and if no, then 70 is also the number.

This is also a forewarning to playing say, FSU, because things go wrong - things happen.

Remember the last visit to Doak-Campbell? High snaps, fumbles inside the 20, corner backs falling down, missed field goals or open receivers and 7 trips inside the Nole ~20 with only 17 points to show for it? Yeah, THAT game.

Also and for kicks, remember the last time Clemson faced a RS Freshman QB from FSU? The young man dropped 51 on Clemson in the biggest beat down in Death Valley history? If Francois is to start, that little nugget might hit the newpaper stands as well?

It's an emotional game for players and fans alike, maybe too emotional for fans sometimes and this just might be one of those times for you?

Aug 23, 2016, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as ]

Great article, David. Keep up the good work.

Do you even English 101, bro?

Aug 23, 2016, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Is Hood's mention of Steele's D giving up 70 the same as ]

Compare and contrast is the simplest form of exposition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 3:55 PM

one of my biggest fears is that he will move on. We love Coach V

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know

Aug 22, 2016, 9:12 PM

I was going to say a more influential hire than The Chad, but that isn't quite true. I think honestly we're better off now than with The Chad, but that was a necessary building block.

With BV though there is no apparent ceiling. The dude rocks. And he likes it here. And we like that he likes it here ...

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic