Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why we shouldnt ever change our helmets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Why we shouldnt ever change our helmets

Jul 17, 2015, 11:49 AM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2525020-best-face-mask-and-helmet-designs-in-college-football

People take notice. The longer we keep our tradition, the more rare and classic it becomes as other programs all turn toward flashy uniforms.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why we shouldnt ever change our helmets

Jul 17, 2015, 11:54 AM

agree 100% if it aint broke, don't fix it

Helmets and Orange Bowl March/Tiger Rag***

Jul 17, 2015, 12:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Helmets and Orange Bowl March/Tiger Rag***

Jul 17, 2015, 12:11 PM

Agreed . The Hill .... The Cannon .... The Tiger waggin ' it's tail .....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 of those 10 schools have alternate helmets.

Jul 17, 2015, 12:11 PM

Notre Dame has several versions of their helmet

Georgia has worn a silver and red alternate helmet

LSU has worn white and purple versions of its helmet

Miami has green and orange alternate helmets

Nebraska has red and black alternate helmets

Texas has worn an alternate helmet that has numbers on the sides along with the traditional logo

Re: 6 of those 10 schools have alternate helmets.

Jul 17, 2015, 12:19 PM

But we are CLEMSON . We are better than that . ; )

Re: 6 of those 10 schools have alternate helmets.

Jul 17, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to 6 of those 10 schools have alternate helmets. ]

Clemson shouldn't ever have an alternate, we shouldn't follow anybodies else's lead. As we are, is plenty good enough for a proud Tiger. A true Bengal tiger will never change their strips, neither should a true Clemson Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2015, 12:16 PM

I agree but I think we need a new more "flashy" uniform for certain games.

Jul 17, 2015, 12:37 PM

I see us as Flashy every time we step out on any field. I haven't lost not one chill bump when I witness our Clemson Tigers stepping out on the field in over 50 years. There isn't a calling in me for something new. I'll be just as proud September 4 2015 as I was the first time I ever saw us play November 1962!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2015, 2:46 PM

Me too . Always got excited to see the Tigers play when I was a little kid back in the late '50s when they're was only 30 , 000 in the stands .
I've loved the evolution of the football program except for a certain 20 yr. that I won't mention . It's great to hold on to some great traditions and build on it with the fantastic use of media by our brand builders .
It's all coming together again and we are especially fortunate to be Tiger fans in these times .
Clemson will NEVER take a back seat to any other school in football . For those who ask the question "if we have to lose 1 game this season , who would it be ?" ....... GET the FRICK OFF of this board .

Jul 17, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Why we shouldnt ever change our helmets ]

Ther is nothing worse than playing in a new uniform for the first time and discovering the fit and feel is just not comfortable and something needs adjusting.

Just MHO.

I havent heard others complain about that but...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Why we shouldnt ever change our helmets ]

I think the flashy uniforms with the same helmet can be worse than changing the whole thing because you end up not matching.

"Best 25 seconds of college football?"

Jul 17, 2015, 12:36 PM

Close enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not even this one?***

Jul 17, 2015, 12:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Maybe you need help with the

Jul 17, 2015, 12:46 PM

definition of the word ever?

Moran.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Especially not that one.***

Jul 17, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Not even this one?*** ]

There's something in these hills.

The last line of the article is excellent, actually:

Jul 17, 2015, 12:45 PM

Under Swinney’s watch, Clemson has become one of college football’s best teams, but in reality, it’s just catching up with its helmet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Aug 11, 2015, 11:37 AM

I agree. We don't need to change anything. I love our uniforms, the color, the Paw, The Hill, consistantly beating usuc, etc. I just love Clemson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic