Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the tides will turn after this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Why the tides will turn after this year

Dec 2, 2013, 9:56 AM

Face it, Usuck got the upper hand on recruiting after the first few years of dabos head coaching career. Spurrier has made a living off of connor shaw and the defensive line. Well next year they are gone, Connors gone, clowneys gone, Sutton is gone, quarles is leaving, vic hamton is leaving, legree is gone and their linebackers are back but they aren't very good. They do return most of the offense but without shaws scrambling ability they are nowhere near as potent. So basically they will have a decent offense and a depleted defense. Thing is, is that they are not replacing their losses on defense with nowhere near the talent they have had. No clowneys or swearingers or devin taylors.
Clemson on the other hand will have 6 talented running backs, a capable qb in Stoudt and potential stars in Watson and swag Kelly. We lose Sammy but will have Bryant, peake, Humphries, Williams and some highly regarded wr coming in. We lose some on Oline but they haven't been good in 30 years so whats new with that. Defensively we lose shuey, Christian, and Beasley. We will have a top 25 offense and a top 15 caliber defense. Next year we win and it stays that way. We have more quality depth and the recruiting has turned back in our favor

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No more. Not until we beat them.***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the tides will turn after this year

Dec 2, 2013, 10:03 AM

They used to out recruit us and we still won most of the games. You have to be able to develop the recruits.

Re: Hate to say it but that was supposed to happen with the

Dec 2, 2013, 10:03 AM

loss of Ingram, Jefferies, Gilmore, Garcia, Taylor, Lattimore...and on and on...

Old timers are blushing reading the "Wait till next year" post because that used to be the annual slam against SC.

I read this post every year.***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:04 AM

nm

Dec 2, 2013, 10:18 AM

South Carolina won with the YOUNGEST team in the country. That is a fact and most of those guys are coming back. I think Mitch Conner will be our starter over Dylan Thompson so that does not bode well for those hoping for a drop off after Shaw. The team is stacked with talent as is Clemson. The coaches make the difference. That is also a fact....

I agree....I'm thinking at least 3 MNC in a row.***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:37 PM

The Coots are only losing 5 or 6, so they will be continue

Dec 2, 2013, 10:22 AM

to be good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll struggle next year. Clowneys only come around

Dec 2, 2013, 12:23 PM

once every 10 years or longer or never again.

I think they finish near the bottom of SEC East. Florida and UGA were wiped out by injuries this year, they'll be better.

Tennessee is dominating in recruiting this year. Even Kentucky is mopping the floor with recruiting. Arkansas, who knows, maybe good.

I think Scar will have a decent office once Dylan Thompson is benched. Don't know much about this Mitchell kid.

Their defense will be Swiss cheese.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Georgia beat them when they were full strength, and they

Dec 2, 2013, 12:35 PM

still were able to beat us. Just because Georgia can beat them doesn't mean they won't beat us.

I guess a lot guys are getting kicked off the team then.

Dec 2, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to The Coots are only losing 5 or 6, so they will be continue ]

Got to make room for new recruits.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:24 AM

Chicken fan trying to fuel the fire on FGF.

null

So what if their young, they lose probably the best two

Dec 2, 2013, 10:29 AM

players in their history in clowney and shaw. Losing their whole defensive line, whos gonna replace them? Can you name one? we have way more depth and better players at every position with exception or rb and oline

Re: So what if their young, they lose probably the best two

Dec 2, 2013, 10:31 AM

Run over to FGF and make the post linking to yours about "how delusional Clemson fans are"

You are not fooling anyone you transparent feather covered loser.

null

Both teams will go through an adjustment period ...

Dec 2, 2013, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Why the tides will turn after this year ]

.. next year. QBs will be missed.

"WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR"***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR"***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:30 PM

I think Clemson will get back to winning most of the instate recruiting wars now that they have reestablished themselves as a top 10-15 program. (the last 2-3 years)

I also think the Bowden resignation was a major contributor to South Carolina's success. (if you call winning against your in state rival for 5 years success...) Bowden's resignation left a hole in Clemson's recruiting that stuck with the program for four years. (no coincidence that South Carolina won the game for those 4 years and gained in recruiting as well)

The worst should be behind Clemson, and South Carolina has likely seen the best their program ever will be. (with no championships to show for it)

Dec 2, 2013, 12:50 PM

Dabo has also proven that he can prepare players for the NFL. (which is the goal for all the recruits Clemson wants) So, if he is creating a consistent winning program, and preparing his players for the NFL. He is successful at his job IMO. I understand having to deal with annoying South Carolina fans, but you always have the choice of finding ways to ignore annoying people.
I also think that losing to South Carolina (regularly) will be a thing of the past going forward.

Dec 2, 2013, 1:14 PM

Not to mention the NCAA findings that most certainly contributed to South Carolina's improvement with all of their athletic programs. (especially their baseball national titles)

Seriously??***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:28 PM

Re: Seriously??***

He is a Gamecock fan posing as a Clemson fan that the mods refuse to get rid of.

null

Re: Seriously??***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Seriously??*** ]

Spurrier-"We have an excellent coaching staff here, and it's pretty neat to go 10-2 with this team that was one time called the youngest team in America," Spurrier said after Saturday night's 31-17 victory over Clemson in the Palmetto Bowl. "They've really achieved and I'm really proud of this team. I was thinking back to all the teams I've had, these guys may have achieved the most for (being) such a young bunch of guys that haven't played all that much and don't have that much experience. They've really played well this year. Give them credit."

Except for quarterback Connor Shaw and offensive guard Ronald Patrick, USC returns every player on the offensive side of the ball in 2014. The top four running backs (Mike Davis, Brandon Wilds, Shon Carson, David Williams) return, as well as every single wide receiver - most prominently Bruce Ellington, Damiere Byrd, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and Nick Jones - and tight ends Busta Anderson and Jerell Adams.

they are gonna suck bad***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:34 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

We know you're a gc fan. Give it a #### rest.***

Dec 2, 2013, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously??*** ]

Youngest team in D1, good luck with next year***

oh yes their talent is so great

Dec 2, 2013, 12:31 PM

so much better than us.

we can't even get within single digits of them in 5 seasons. That's how great they are

Re: oh yes their talent is so great

Dec 2, 2013, 12:33 PM

Spurrier-"We have an excellent coaching staff here, and it's pretty neat to go 10-2 with this team that was one time called the youngest team in America," Spurrier said after Saturday night's 31-17 victory over Clemson in the Palmetto Bowl. "They've really achieved and I'm really proud of this team. I was thinking back to all the teams I've had, these guys may have achieved the most for (being) such a young bunch of guys that haven't played all that much and don't have that much experience. They've really played well this year. Give them credit."

Except for quarterback Connor Shaw and offensive guard Ronald Patrick, USC returns every player on the offensive side of the ball in 2014. The top four running backs (Mike Davis, Brandon Wilds, Shon Carson, David Williams) return, as well as every single wide receiver - most prominently Bruce Ellington, Damiere Byrd, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and Nick Jones - and tight ends Busta Anderson and Jerell Adams.

I see you mention Shaw a lot.

Dec 2, 2013, 12:33 PM

What are your excuses for Thompson and Garcia beating us?

Take a look at our roster

Dec 2, 2013, 1:20 PM

Yes we lose Connor Shaw, Clowney, Quarles, and Vic Hampton. Gamecocks still have the youngest roster in college football with only 5 true seniors.

The QB next year will be Dylan or Brandon Nosivitch, not Connor Mitch. Mike Davis, Wilds, Ellington, Roland, Byrd, both TE's all returning. Literally every skill player. Every receiving and rushing yard we accounted for this year (minus Connors rushes).

Our Defesive line will take a step back, but our back seven should be improved. Coach Ward has also proven that his defenses get better as the season progresses, so hopefully we'll be ready for Clem's best shot in DV next year.

While I think Tigers defense will be even more imporoved than they were this year, you have to admit that there are question marks on offense. Breaking in a new QB, RB, and maybe 2 new starting receivers won't be easy. What will the Clem offense look like next year?

Our defensive line will consist of

Dec 2, 2013, 4:33 PM

Jhaustin Thomas, Philip dukes, Gerald Dixon and Gerald Dixon jr. Add in Abu lamin at DT and other ends already on campus and I think it will still be fine. A step back but the linebackers will be much more seasoned and definitely a big improvement

We can no longer call them USuC. That phrase is dead.

Dec 2, 2013, 4:34 PM

We suck. Not them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic