Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the team has lacked that "Killer Instinct" Mentality
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Why the team has lacked that "Killer Instinct" Mentality

Sep 29, 2014, 1:02 PM

Watching Dabo still try and play Cole Saturday in my opinion shows maybe why the team has always lacked that "killer instinct" in putting teams away when we should. I understand him wanting to give Stoudt a chance but enough is enough. It happens all over the place at other schools. The guy in line to start gets shown up by a highly touted younger QB that comes in and he is not seen again. I doubt Saban,Miles, etc.. have this "loyalty" issue. Bottom line it comes down to W's and L's. Cole is going to get his degree for free and experience something all of us keyboard QB's never will. Rant over

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the team has lacked that "Killer Instinct" Mentality

Sep 29, 2014, 1:30 PM

Sure it may or may not have hurt us against FSU and UGA but I think Dabo's plan will help us long term. He is bringing Watson along as slow as possible to insure he is ready for the big stage. Nothing can ruin a QB faster than turnovers and losses early in their career. Clemson could have easily lost to UGA and FSU with Watson starting but in the current situation the loss is not on Watson and he has everything to play for this season. Sure we have stumbled but the future is bright.

null

Sep 29, 2014, 1:53 PM

Cole has nothing to do with the defense letdown. That first pass he threw couldn't have been thrown better. if it wasn't for pass int. It was a sure TD.

Problem was on defense. Looked to me like they relaxed and thought they had it won.

The punt return for a tD didn't help, but that guy is fast as lightning and one of the best return men in the nation.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:36 PM

uhh that ball was under thrown.. Had he threw it to the back of the endzone it was a touchdown. Mike had to come back to the ball which cause the PI!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try!

Sep 29, 2014, 3:19 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Sep 29, 2014, 3:35 PM

Saban is the worst example for this.. Saban doesn't start Freshmen at QB. anywhere else yes. but at QB heck no

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Killer Instinct"

Sep 29, 2014, 3:36 PM

MIA for a very long time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea how can the Players take it seriously when the coaches

Sep 29, 2014, 4:32 PM

do things that are so distracting? We just come off a terrible loss and they are having funsies with CS in the very next game

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic