Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the rush to dump Zerrick? Makes no sense to me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Why the rush to dump Zerrick? Makes no sense to me.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:31 AM

I thought he looked alright in 2nd half and he's clearly earned it practice. I did think HJ had a good total garbage time td drive against Wake, but what else has he done other than be the "other backup" that has everyone clamoring for him over Zerrick?

If HJ is the guy, we'll see him playing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Johnson is the better QB, that's why

Oct 14, 2017, 1:39 AM

Dabo wants to keep this seniority BS going. Cooper overthrew Renfro's by 10 yards TWICE on last drive. He is NOT better than Johnson because we haven't seen enough of him. Last week Johnson proved himself and lead TD drive and made a beautiful pass to Cannon Smith. Johnson is best option, he is a "gamer" and thrives in games type player. Cooper can look overwhelmed as he clearly did tonight when given chance to lead us he made really poor throws. Hunter, let him play PLEASE!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz. Why is he a gamer yet Cooper isn't?***

Oct 14, 2017, 1:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meant that as apparently Cooper is a better practice player

Oct 14, 2017, 1:51 AM

but in games he is not as strong as Hunter Johnson.

Watch the games when they have played. Cooper underthrows with spaghetti noodle arm at times, OR overthrows receivers as he did multiple times tonight. Compare with Hunter, who looked very poised in his time and has TD pass where Cooper does not. Passes are more pure and look at HS tape if you like.... Zerrick is not a bad QB but why not give HJ a shot when he has looked good and has led team to a TD just last week ??

Practice is all fine and dandy but sometimes players just love game action and playing when the game is on the line and it matters in the W and L column. Maybe I'm wrong but maybe I'm not, my wonder is why not seeing his play in games that the entire world can see watching the Tigers play.

60% of the time, Dabo is right 140% of the time

Oct 14, 2017, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Johnson is the better QB, that's why ]

So, I'm not one to really lose sleep over his decisions. But it was clear that while Cooper may be the guy they trust, he's not the better qb. I use the "he puts the ball where he wanted it to go" metric to form that opinion. There were moments tonight where the difference between a drive ending and continuing had everything to do with giving the receiver a catchable ball. Not the route. Just putting the ball in the right place. Based on what I've seen out of both QBs, Johnson does that better. He may have failed in other areas, but who knows. But Zerric needs a little Johnson in him on 3rd down if he wants to be successful.

Maybe, but the job is decision making and adjusting

Oct 14, 2017, 1:47 AM

Perhaps HJ can pass better but not put himself and the team in the right position. Don't know, but neither does anyone else not in practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Neither is proven on the field during a game. ZC clearly separated in practice.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Johnson is the better QB, that's why ]

Do you see seniority with Feater and ETN over Choice and Fuller (and ETN whiffed on 2 blocks resulting in sacks!)? How long did Hyatt wait to play? Its a shame we wasted Wilkens and Dex by not playing them as FR.

Or perhaps, this Nat Champ winning coaching staff also wants to win and went with the guy that gave the best chance.

null

SW - did I miss where ZC won Elite 11 QB of the year

Oct 14, 2017, 1:48 AM

competing against top QB's in USA? And do you believe TL should start as QB #5 on depth chart? Do you believe 7th round NFL QB's should start over top 10 QB picks? Maybe you do.

I think players come in even each year and earn their place.

Oct 14, 2017, 2:02 AM

I think this staff, who we applaud for their ability to identity and develop talent, did what they thought would get the win.
They came up short.

I'd much prefer to ask why Spiers got a pass over HJ than ask why Cooper was in the game at QB.

null

Re: Why the rush to dump Zerrick? Makes no sense to me.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:44 AM

2014 and DW say hello. Sorry my confidence in our coaches to pick the gamer is not that great.

That being said I agree with your point. Zerrick looked much better but seemed reluctant to run the ball on the ZR. Game tape shows Hunter has looked better. That is all we have to go off of.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 1:47 AM

Cooper might have earned it during practice, but as a coach, shouldn't you try to see if the freshman can provide a spark?

It was a very close game so trying using different players even at the QB position should not have been out of the picture.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:49 AM

Zerrick has potential, he looks like a lot like Tajh as a RS FR. The rest of the team in just in a different place. We aren't coming off of a loss to USF in the Meineke car care bowl, this team won the national championship last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My concern with Cooper is that between the Wake game

Oct 14, 2017, 1:57 AM

and the game tonight, he's thrown at least a half dozen god-awful balls that missed their intended target by anywhere from 5-15 yards.

Against Wake i think he threw a 1-hopper to somebody on a short, easy throw, and then he missed a wide-open Deon Cain down the field by about 15 yards. Tonight he airmailed a little flare out by about 10 feet, short-armed a screen pass to Feaster that we had set up really well and could've turned into a big gainer, and threw 10 yards over his intended receiver on a couple of 3rd downs (one was to Renfrow).

I can understand some inaccuracy, but he's missing by miles on some of these throws.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic