Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why, the negative 'bout BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Why, the negative 'bout BB

Feb 28, 2013, 11:01 PM

Having played college BB, and having the knees to prove it so many years later, please understand freshmen and sophs can show a great deal of promise without winning, and I see it with these guys. Know the ##### are stirring the pot here, but "lawed" some of you tiger fans need to back off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree!***

Feb 28, 2013, 11:09 PM

Re: Why, the negative 'bout BB

Feb 28, 2013, 11:16 PM

Roper and McDaniel have shown great promise at times this year, no doubt about it. Not one person on our team showed ANYTHING tonight except for a complete lack of effort and desire to compete. If you saw anything else, we must have been watching different games.

Feb 28, 2013, 11:23 PM

I'm going to start this off by saying Brownell is the best X's and O's coach I've seen at Clemson, but there is more to being an ACC Basketball coach than player development. You have to be able to recruit to compete. I don't think we need a change this season, but we need improvement next year. I'm not talking final four, but an 18 win NIT season shows improvement to move forward. Another losing season and I think he's gone.

Feb 28, 2013, 11:30 PM

I'm sure BB is a good guy but he cannot recruit ACC caliber players-his recruiting methods might have worked at his previous stops but doesn't in the ACC! I dont think i can take another year of this!

Who has been able to recruit ACC caliber players against

Feb 28, 2013, 11:45 PM

the likes of UNC, Duke, Wake, NCSU, MD. I get that we need more talented players, but saying BB just needs to recruit better players is like saying Duke just needs to recruit better players for football. If they are good enough to play at half the schools on the eastern seaboard then why would they decide to play at Clemson regardless of the coach?

Purnell was pretty successful when he was here, but how many players did he have that you would consider ACC caliber? He was able to win with a bunch of athletes and a style of play suited to them, but we all saw what kind of limits that had.

Re: Who has been able to recruit ACC caliber players against

Feb 28, 2013, 11:55 PM

If USuC can do it in football, we can do it in basketball.

Re: Who has been able to recruit ACC caliber players against

Mar 1, 2013, 12:38 AM

we don't have the whitney

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic