Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone done with football period ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Anyone done with football period ?

Jun 12, 2020, 9:56 PM

The game has been in decline for years.
Especially in light of the Head injuries ,poor officiating
And price of tickets. Now ,it’s all professional Since they will be paying the players in college.
Also another annoyance the constant assault from the DJ playing weird music on and on before ,during, and after games.
Anyone throwing in the towel on football ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone done with football period ?

Jun 12, 2020, 9:57 PM

Umm no. I love football.

Jun 13, 2020, 8:00 PM

You a liberal so you have no clue what’s he talking about anyway. Im just about done with it all. You change names for no reason!!!! I’ve had seasons tickets forever. I’m just done with this crap

Wait so now football is “liberal”?

Jun 13, 2020, 8:14 PM

I thought liberals were trying to cancel the game with the head injury stuff.

Geez I can’t keep up with what those #### liberals are up to. Always changing!

Jun 12, 2020, 9:58 PM

I threw in the towel on pro football. Not doing that with college ball but I’m growing more disgruntled.

Getting there slowly what with the hot shot players hijacking the recruitment process..

Jun 12, 2020, 10:03 PM

and costing up to 5 University Athletic Staffs to wine & dine & lie to them to play a game of ball.

It’s gotten out of wack & the Tail is Wagging the Head.

Worse, the players know they have the college administrations & Athletic departments in a bind due to the millions of $ invested to play ball and without them everything would stop & crash.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting there slowly what with the hot shot players hijacking the recruitment process..

Jun 12, 2020, 10:07 PM

We make a fortune on college football. Its worth the cost.

Re: Getting there slowly what with the hot shot players hijacking the recruitment process..

Jun 13, 2020, 8:02 PM

No we don’t there is other sports that has to funded. I really think you are a moron

Completely done with the pros for 3 or 4 years now and I

Jun 13, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone done with football period ? ]

am getting more & more alienated & apathetic towards college football.

I’m also getting more & more disgruntled with IPTAY and how they treat the Clemson Family. Which contributes significantly to my waning regard.

5 or 6 years ago - I’d have thought I would never say that it is losing luster VERY quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Completely done with the pros for 3 or 4 years now and I

Jun 13, 2020, 8:04 PM

So true

Yes. College football is slowly going away

Jun 12, 2020, 10:22 PM

Does not bother me.

Well if I had held out hope for 40 years and

Jun 12, 2020, 10:36 PM

running that my team would finally amount to something it wouldn't bother me either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why so savage on the Dawg?

Jun 13, 2020, 7:33 AM

I love to hate Uga too
But you have to admit
Uga
Was the first of the blue bloods to give Clemson a fair shake .

Re: Why so savage on the Dawg?

Jun 13, 2020, 8:05 PM

Say what ? When

Jun 12, 2020, 10:28 PM

If you have better seats than ours, can we have them?

Jun 13, 2020, 7:47 AM

I am close. I am anti university in general because they are a bastion of liberal elitism. I have called for federal defunding for universities for a long time. We taxpayers fund these mofoers to educate foreigners who in many cases take themselves and our technology to our enemies. Stupid.

A good way to show disapproval is close the wallet And turn them off.

My allegiance to the fundamental Principles on which this country was founded is higher than to the school where I graduated. Sad for me.

I have a Clemson tag and am thinking I’ll get rid of it.

It’s kind of odd but after winning two nattys and being in two others, I kind of feel ‘so what’ now. This elusive thing tiger nation aspired to maybe is not all that we thought it was. Not sure...

Thanks for that reply.

Jun 13, 2020, 9:45 AM

The shark has been jumped !!!

Thanks for that reply.

Jun 13, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone done with football period ? ]

Thanks for that reply.

Jun 13, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone done with football period ? ]

Gooooodness

Jun 13, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone done with football period ? ]

Must've sucked when you found out this week that the Clemson Tigers represented one of those liberal elitist institutions that you abhor.

Jun 13, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone done with football period ? ]

Preach it

Jun 13, 2020, 10:48 AM

Was done with NFL, MLB and NBA more than 25 years ago. If college sports continue to be infested with politics 24/7, will delete that from viewing preferences as well to focus on more uplifting pursuits in my remaining life span.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

As long as the DJ doesn't play "the eyes of Texas" Im good***

Jun 13, 2020, 10:49 AM

Jun 13, 2020, 11:01 AM

I love football, both college and pro. They are the only sports I really follow. I will continue to follow both as long as they keep the politics out of the game. Having said that the left has hated football for years and hasn't really been able to get rid of it. They see this as a win win for them as when they turn games into left wing propaganda opportunities they will either be successful and force a bunch of us to watch their crap or we will turn it off and football will quickly become irrelevant. They are happy either way. Their goal is to turn football into netflix, or amazon or any of your typical movie studios offerings where you literally can't escape their attempt to reprogram your every thought. If the NFL thinks groveling to a bunch of hate America folks will draw in a bunch of new viewers, to offset the ones they lose, they are sorely mistaken.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:44 AM

This is a great question. I will be very interested to see the impact on college football over the next few years. Much depends on where things go in the next few weeks.

The Texas players' "demands" are beyond preposterous. If that wave spreads, tons of people will simply check out. Not out of petulant anger, but just out of authentic "I'm done" disinterest.

If we just ban the Woo-Hoo, it will awl get better.

Jun 13, 2020, 12:43 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 1:14 PM

Nope.

Jun 13, 2020, 1:36 PM

No there’s no chance I’m buying what you’re selling. Might as well start selling hand warmers in this SC heat.

No***

Jun 13, 2020, 1:49 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Never thought I would- but heading that way

Jun 13, 2020, 1:57 PM

I quit watching pro bb, baseball years ago. Occasionally will take in a pro FB game. Was season tampa bay ticket holder for years. When they got political, I dropped.
Now college football is going political and super liberal. I wish we could go back to the student athlete model. In time, it could be good, but that ship has sailed.
The attacks on Dabo and Clemson have left me mad and empty. “Sports channels” are now race blaming and I can’t stand to turn them on anymore. The constant attack of racism everywhere is out of control. Sports used to be fun and a way to get away from the angry mob.

I have a boat on the gulf - fish when I can, play golf 2-3 times a week, planning on retiring in about 60 days.

Not sure I have the strength or energy to fight for what is right anymore. The libs and snowflakes want to dismantle and destroy. They don’t seem to believe in anything and against everything.

Defund the police? Wow. Good luck with that. Only way possible is if crime stops and as we can see from riots - that is not possible.

Wish it were different. Might be time to stop the IPTAY and buy a bigger boat. Just don’t see where this mob mentality and erase culture will end.

Ok, got off topic, but all in the same bucket if you ask me.

Love college football, but not sure I can stomach the politics that go with it.

I am heading to the club to play - anyone want join me? Fishing tomorrow? We can talk of the good ole days when we watched sports to get away from politics.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats on the pending retirement! I highly recommend it!***

Jun 13, 2020, 5:36 PM

Jun 13, 2020, 2:03 PM

What a dumba**

Wow - terrible response - 100% worthless - congrats***

Jun 13, 2020, 2:14 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I will always love and support all things Clemson

Jun 13, 2020, 2:11 PM

but I no longer have the desire to have season tickets for football. Lots more fun and productive things to spend my time and money on, especially since I can watch every game in HD in my own home whenever it fits my life and schedule.

College football used to be pure, and with all of the money involved, it runs the risk of getting bigger than the schools themselves. Even reading some posts here lately, some believe that the football program funds the university, and that Clemson University is what it is because of the football program. Although that isn’t true, the risk is that people care more about the football team than the school. I never want that.

Now we have players feeling that they are being taken advantage of. They are going to be paid in some form. Coaches make millions, just to coach a sport. Fans are asked to spend a lot more to support all of this. It’s ridiculous.

It’s heading in a direction I don’t like. At some point; the bubble will burst. This path isn’t sustainable.

We already see decreasing numbers in youth football, as people realize the significant risk of injury and long-term damage. I expect the number of kids playing football to continue to decline. I expect many people to stop choosing to spend money on season tickets, parking passes, etc. I will also be curious to see if media sponsorship of football declines as well.

I don’t expect football to go away anytime soon, but I do think it will dwindle. My interest is dwindling, and I know I’m not the only one. It might not matter now, but you better believe it will when we no longer have an elite program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

My interest is down a bit over the past few years. I might

Jun 13, 2020, 5:33 PM

seriously consider just coming to a game or two if it weren't for all the folks that I see ONLY tailgating and at the game. Lots of parking lot friends. Lots of folks I wander around to see at their tailgates. Lots of folks I only see in the seats (same tix for a LOT of years). I think that will keep me coming longer than the game itself, although there's nothing like being there in person. I do think it's in a decline and these changes coming are not going to help.

Jun 13, 2020, 4:56 PM

Never

Jun 13, 2020, 5:43 PM

Not done but losing hope that college football will maintain its passion.
I hope lm wrong but the way it’s heading it’s 100% about the money .
Coaches making 10 mill a year and now talk of paying the players , it will eventually be as interesting as Pro ball and lately that’s bad .

getting there.. im fine with making tiger baseball my #1

Jun 13, 2020, 6:11 PM

sport if this continues...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jun 13, 2020, 6:24 PM

I want miss’s chance to spend time with family just to watch college football and a definitely want get pay per view channels to watch games.

All of this politics by athletes, ESPN and other media sources as well as greed from the players has taken the A lot of the desire and love I had for college sports, especially football.

Players especially in the NFL should start looking at possible Pay Cuts.

Not sure how it will affect the NBA and MLB. I have a gut feeling sports like soccer , and minor league sports will take a hard financial hit.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic