Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swofford speaks out on realignment, the ACC TV contract and college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swofford speaks out on realignment, the ACC TV contract and college football

May 25, 2012, 8:56 PM

Swofford speaks out on realignment, the ACC TV contract and college football

In an exclusive interview with TigerNet, ACC Commissioner John Swofford talks about realignment, the recently-signed ACC television contract, the Clemson rumors and possible ACC expansion. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

swoffie seems delusional***

May 25, 2012, 9:02 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Swofford speaks out on realignment, the ACC TV contract and college football

May 25, 2012, 9:02 PM

Alrighty then, that didn't change my opinion....let's get outta the ACC as soon as possible

case and point...

May 25, 2012, 9:04 PM

Throughout our league, at that level what comes to us is totally positive in terms of their affirmation and commitment to the ACC.”

TN: So you have heard from Clemson in that regard?

JS: It continues to be consistently very positive across the board.

TN: So what comes to mind when you hear someone like David Wilkins, Clemson’s Chairman of the Board of Trustees, say that Clemson would listen to what other conferences have to say?

JS: I interpret that as leadership at any institution, being open-minded as to what’s best for the institution.

if one is so commited like he claims they arent gonna come out in public and say they would listen if other conferences came calling. if really like your home you wouldnt even consider listening to offers of people wanting to buy it

Still wanna make him an offer for the Ron Cherry remote.

May 25, 2012, 9:13 PM

As long as there's a self-gibbin 'da bidness button...

Screw you, Swofford.***

May 25, 2012, 9:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Front Page Story: Swofford speaks out on realignment, the ACC TV contract and college football

May 25, 2012, 9:10 PM

This guy s u c ks big time. Time to go.

May 25, 2012, 9:11 PM

Wish they'd asked him why adding Pitt and Syracuse made financial sense. I am sure there is an explanation, but I'd like to know what it is.

May 25, 2012, 9:11 PM

What a waste of time:

1. No school is going to come to the commish and say "hey we are going to leave or we are currently in talks with another conference". That is simply burning bridges if that happen and no school is going to cause friction if the deal is not done.

2. As far as UT, OU, OSU, and the other schools seeking info on the ACC...you failed as a commish by not trying to get those schools. But then again..it could have been just rumors.

3. The rest was just crap coming out of his mouth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly if those three come calling...

May 25, 2012, 9:13 PM

you try your best to get them in.

Re: exactly if those three come calling...

May 25, 2012, 9:20 PM

If I had two of top best football programs of all time asking...I'm sure as hell I would be beating down the doors trying to get them.

Alabama and ND tried to get in the ACC?***

May 25, 2012, 9:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a joke?

May 26, 2012, 2:27 AM

In the modern era, Oklahoma has the highest winning percentage outside of Boise State (who has played roughly half as many games as everyone else in the top twenty-five, and plays the bulk of those games in the WAC).

Texas is 5th.

Oklahoma has the most wins in the modern era with 582.

Guess who's second?

Texas, with 549.

Alabama is 8th in winning percentage. Notre Dame 10th. FSU is the highest ACC team at 12th. Clemson is 23rd.

Message was edited by: ClemsonPoker489® for Link

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My response was to this comment.

May 26, 2012, 3:30 PM

"If I had two of top best football programs of all time asking...I'm sure as #### I would be beating down the doors trying to get them. "

Yes, I believe, without really knowing the stats, that Bama and ND are two of the 'top best football programs of all time.'

But actually, I was crank yanking. I didn't mean for you to get tugged.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2012, 9:20 PM

OU and OSU are likely a package deal and UT would not want to come without OU. It all therefore falls apart when you realize there is no way OSU gets an invite due to inferior academic ranking. Essentially those additions never had a chance due to OSU.

May 25, 2012, 9:23 PM

This is one of the lamest excuses I have heard for not inviting a school...academics. Of course everybody like to be surrounded by great academic schools but we are talking sports and I don't see how that would matter. If anything, maybe that would challenage the school more to do better.

Somebody in the ACC levied Clemson with the extra year.Liar***

May 25, 2012, 9:22 PM

Re: Somebody in the ACC levied Clemson with the extra year.Liar***

May 25, 2012, 9:34 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10615

Swoffie running scared...trying to save his precious legacy

May 25, 2012, 9:23 PM

of the mighty ACC basketball conference.

Great interview David... even more impressive that

May 25, 2012, 9:28 PM

you were able to get him to sit down...

Nice work

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

May 25, 2012, 9:31 PM

Swoffie still did not answer the last question. He either did or did not have anything to do with Clemson getting the extra year of probation. Sounded like Bill Clinton answering those questions.

Syracuse was invited, not VPI

May 25, 2012, 9:34 PM

Virginia Tech was never the original target; they got in because the state of Virginia MADE UVA vote for VPI thus making the ACC ditch Syracuse. That adding of BC, VPI, and Miami was never a football move; he's full of it.

swoffie is a fish eyed fool***

May 25, 2012, 9:35 PM

It is time to go!

May 25, 2012, 9:38 PM

This guy is ridiculous. The way he answered the question about the 4 Big XII schools asking to be in the ACC last year is really annoying. Can't believe he turned down that opportunity.

I learned one thing for sure.

May 25, 2012, 9:48 PM

If you are not a good liar don't sit down in front of Hood.

What did he lie about?***

May 26, 2012, 2:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, you completely missed my point.

May 26, 2012, 3:36 PM

I should have just said David really does a tough interview. He dives right into the thick of what someone may not be comfortable talking about and quickly discovers what they will and will not reveal.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. Perhaps you would be more comfortable if you hit the ignore button on me.

Good advice.***

May 26, 2012, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, he really has his head way up his own a$$***

May 25, 2012, 9:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Did Swofford "take the fifth"?

May 25, 2012, 10:19 PM

On the negative press question, did Swofford "take the fifth"? I think that the brilliant UNC grad was referring to the first amendment!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One, two, three, four, FIFFFF!!!***

May 26, 2012, 6:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JS: "The Fifth Amendment is alive and well????"

May 25, 2012, 10:34 PM

Not only does Swoffie not know how to compete against the other top conferences, he does not know his Constitution. Unless this is a typo from David Hood (and Swoff really said "First" instead of "Fifth"), he is saying that what is alive and well is that the government cannot imprison you without due process from a grand jury AND you have the right to remain silent--to avoid self-incrimination.

I am thinking he meant to refer to the First Amendment when he was answering a question about negative press regarding the recent TV deal. But it may have been a Freudian slip. He was probably wanting the plead the Fifth so he did not reveal how incompetent he has been as commish.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JS: "The Fifth Amendment is alive and well????"

May 25, 2012, 11:32 PM

Just one comment too late. Brevity is the soul of wit!

May 26, 2012, 9:09 AM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was my first reaction to Swoffie's 5th amendment gaff. I had to read it again just to make sure there wasn't a key buried in the preceding sentences.

I only hope David didn't commit a typo.

May 26, 2012, 9:33 AM

It wasn't a typo..He did say fifth amendment. We went back and listened to the audio before we posted, just to make sure, but he said it.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish David Hood asked about the Raycom Conflict of interest

May 25, 2012, 10:40 PM

With Chad Swofford (John Swofford's son) being an employee there. Surely we could have gotten more $$$ from another provider, or at least one without Mike Hogewood & Doc walker vomiting inane commentary.

Another key question would have been when we can see some officiating reform to get better quality crews on the field.

Why no question on the 9 conf. game schedule and how much

May 25, 2012, 10:56 PM

of a disadvantage it is for Clemson, FSU, GT and

why did they not consider that and is a change expected

in the future in order to protect these teams and their

OOC schedule

What else would anyone expect him to say????

May 25, 2012, 11:12 PM

and he didn't inhale!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, the real story of what's going on is always

May 25, 2012, 11:13 PM

more complicated, and less romantic, than what message boarders will have you believe.

People have already made up their minds on Swofford. No words, or revelations, or explanations can change that. People don't like changing their minds.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea people have an irrational hate of this guy.***

May 26, 2012, 2:10 PM

Kinda' Sorta' Backs Up What Swofford Is Saying....

May 26, 2012, 12:13 AM

about long term revenue potential.... this link was published before... read all the why through .... discuss amongst yourselves....

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=571441

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't tell me what to do!***

May 26, 2012, 2:15 AM

Re: Kinda' Sorta' Backs Up What Swofford Is Saying....

May 26, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Kinda' Sorta' Backs Up What Swofford Is Saying.... ]

It's nice a see a post from a rational fan! These secessionist pseudo fans are way off......

~Yawn…

May 26, 2012, 6:06 AM

On Swofford’s responses that is. David: Nice job on getting him to talk, however. We appreciate the hard work!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2012, 8:48 AM

The Fifth Amendment? Freudian slip?

May 26, 2012, 10:42 AM

Blah blah blah blah. That all I heard.

This article is posted like....

May 26, 2012, 12:01 PM

we're suppose to "care" what he has to say..least I don't.

May 26, 2012, 1:31 PM

How did you keep a straight face with him feeding you this crap!

I see that I am one of the few...

May 26, 2012, 2:38 PM

Tigernet readers that supports Clemson staying in the acc, as long as the conference can still have it"s champion play for a national championship. Clemson shouldn't make a decision that they may later regret.

Your comment is about 60 yrs

May 26, 2012, 2:41 PM

too late.

Not really...it's just talk. No Clemson decisions have...

May 26, 2012, 2:51 PM

been made.

Re: Not really...it's just talk. No Clemson decisions have...

May 26, 2012, 3:44 PM

Well that might be the case but the 4 team playoff with the 4 super conference champs getting the invite might just be cast in stone already.

Re: I see that I am one of the few...

May 26, 2012, 3:31 PM [ in reply to I see that I am one of the few... ]

I am an old fat Clemson grad and I had rather maintain our old rivalries but times do change. In my experience us old guys want to preserve traditions and the young men want to go for the $$$$.

However,the more Swofford talks the more I could be for leaving his little sandbox. He was a much better football player than league commissioner and he sucked as a player.

Does he really believe his own bs ?

How many concussions did he have as a player ?

90% of the responses in this thread ain't exactly Mensa

May 26, 2012, 2:51 PM

stuff.

so

May 26, 2012, 3:15 PM

we're showing improvement

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic