Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why no Hunter Johnson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Why no Hunter Johnson?

Oct 13, 2017, 10:47 PM

We need to quit being so #### focused on seniority. Same #### killed us with Cole Stoudt over Watson. If we want to win, our most talented players need to be given a chance. Can't believe they had HJ taking reps with the 3rd team all week with Bryant hobbling around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why no Hunter Johnson?

Oct 13, 2017, 10:50 PM

makes no sense. This was an error. KB looked "OK" at first. But then it became very obvious he wasn't right. HJ should have come in then. Still no excuse for our once dominate defense.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 PM

Actually, there was a slight excuse for our "once dominant defense" in the fact that Cuse was constantly not getting set and running plays. And they only got call for it once. But they did it the entire game. I'm assuming there's a reason the rule exists that requires them to be set before hiking the ball, because it sure had our defense confused as hell.

Oct 13, 2017, 10:56 PM

At this point, it's probably more which ome knows the playbook, o line calls, checks, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2017, 10:57 PM

Could probably say the same for not having Feaster/ETN not taking all snaps unless in mopup duty. They are both just explosive and can change a game on one play, example tonight.

Maybe the other two are better blockers but not sure I have noticed that in games this year. And it's not like F&E are smaller backs as they are both 200lbs plus.

Oct 13, 2017, 10:58 PM

I truly believe we would have won the game if they had played a Hunter Johnson

Oct 13, 2017, 11:06 PM

After ZCs first series, it certainly couldn’t have hurt trying HJ...there are so many what ifs with this game. Too many.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:10 PM

Cooper has had a hard time completing passes. Johnson hasn't played as much but seems to be a better passer. Now we'll see how hungry we really are. Laid an egg tonight. Whatcha gonna do Tigers?

You can't put this all on Cooper

Oct 13, 2017, 11:28 PM

How about the o-line? Pretty sure Johnson would have been sitting on his butt just as many times with all those unblocked defenders coming through.

How about Cain? Dropped a wide open pass that would have given us at least a first down.

How about the OC? Our backs had what 12 touches total.

How about the kicker? Make one of those field goals we get to OT. Make both we win.

How about the defense? You make one dang tackle on that first drive and you're not playing behind the eight ball all night.

How about the training staff? They're the ones who are supposed to evaluate the players and say if they can go or not.

There's plenty of blame to go around, so stop acting like Johnson is some miracle worker. Truth is you don't know what would've happened cause everyone else was crap tonight.

Re: You can't put this all on Cooper

Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 PM

Out of all this, Cain is the one that sticks out to me as a repeat offender. He's had ample time to figure out how to be reliable. He just isn't. He has to get his one bad drop in every game (or more). Sometimes he makes great catches, but he always has to drop at least one.

We have all these receivers and surely somebody with better hands should be in there playing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic