Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why isn't this part of the conversation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Why isn't this part of the conversation?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:39 AM

I've read a lot of opinions about the QB situation on Tnet. I've looked at the stats from Saturdays game and agree that Watson put up better numbers, but I also read in the ESPN recap that CM called easier plays for Watson.

"Watson led his team to a touchdown each time, although it appeared offensive coordinator Chad Morris kept the playbook simpler for the 18-year-old than for Stoudt."

I'm sure y'all have read it already, but here's the link just in case.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547741

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I don't believe ESecPN.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:42 AM

Why were they the only ones to report that?

The plays didn't look any more simple to me. But what do I know.

Maybe the question should be, why not run more "simple" plays if they work that well?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're dealing with ESPiN logic...***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't notice them holding anything back for watson

Sep 8, 2014, 9:45 AM

they asked him to make several different types of throws. And he made them.

Maybe ESPN is just looked that couple of his "completions" were just simple flips forward (like Scott's TD) that are glorified running plays. But they go down as a pass due to the flip and not a handoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't know if i believe that, but on the surface..........

Sep 8, 2014, 9:49 AM

zone read is not a "simple" thing to read/run..........he calls for more of that with watson

stoudt also throws to the check down A LOT (not always a bad thing) but watson throws down field over/under/around defenders on the money with no hesitation

stoudt has physical limits that limit his "big play" potential (ie arm strength and mobility)

watson doesn't

Watson has been doing zone read for years***

Sep 8, 2014, 10:58 AM

Dabo said the whole playbook was open to DW before the UGay

Sep 8, 2014, 9:58 AM

Game.

Re: Why isn't this part of the conversation?

Sep 8, 2014, 10:06 AM

Judging by the uga LB that said they didn't have to change their calls the whole game, the offense is simple for everyone so there is no real evidence that they change play calling from stoudt to Watson. It's clear the Stoudt will play more against FSU if he is getting 75% of the snaps against SC State. I hate the possibility of getting down in the game to FSU then having the better qb come in to mount a comeback. Watson has to start and show us what he can do. Beating a dead horse but wish the loyalty/seniority card was not being played by Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess the simpler plays work then***

Sep 8, 2014, 10:30 AM

Re: I guess the simpler plays work then***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:11 AM

But they may not work against FSU. I don't know whether they were actually simpler or not though. Just wondering if anyone else noticed. I'd like to see more analysis on it. I'm sure FSU is taking a good hard look at it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic