Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter?

Mar 8, 2018, 9:12 PM

This is one of the best basketball years in our programs history. Let's focus on that.

It's great if our baseball team is good but myself and 99% of sports fans have no idea who won the CWS last year. Not to mention each baseball game holds minimal value due to the quantity of games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know who won the sports in shorts championship

Mar 8, 2018, 9:15 PM

So there’s that too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you lived in N Carolina you wish you could

Mar 9, 2018, 11:19 AM

Forget who won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You drunk?

Mar 8, 2018, 9:18 PM

That is first. Second, you're a f'ing idiot if you think college baseball does not matter to Clemson fans. Third, you posted in the football forum about your perceived insult to the basketball team.

Re: You drunk?

Mar 8, 2018, 9:19 PM

By the way,Florida won the last CWS ( just so you know**)

Then why'd you post your basketball message in.........

Mar 8, 2018, 9:20 PM

the football category?

You focus on basketball and let the people who want to focus on baseball let them focus on baseball.

There's something on this site that doesn't matter

Mar 8, 2018, 9:23 PM

and it ain't Clemson Baseball.

I'll give you a hint: Its pulse is a common speed limit.

Re: Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter?

Mar 8, 2018, 9:25 PM

No need in explaining your 55% pulse, It makes sense now.

Mar 8, 2018, 9:30 PM

How about we focus on basketball, baseball, and football? Yes it is crunch time for basketball and we all loved the W today but the baseball team just came off a series win against Usuck and 2 huge comeback weekday Ws. Oh yea and spring practice just started and we are loaded this year and have some new faces to watch out for. We care about baseball at Clemson a lot more than most colleges. Florida beat LSU last year btw. Coastal won it the year before, Virginia and Vandy before that.

Mar 8, 2018, 9:55 PM

You know your baseball! And I agree. I love the Clemson baseball program. Really solid teams, year after year. Looking good so far. Basketball? I want them to win too, but they always seem to fall short. Who knows? Maybe they pull off an upset tomorrow. But I am not holding my breath.

Mar 9, 2018, 6:34 AM

I sure hope we win but if we can keep it close I will be happy. I would love to win the ACC but I would rather go to the elite 8 or final four in the big tourney.

Mar 8, 2018, 9:40 PM

I gave Bmoretiger a TU by mistake. Where do I go to repent?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave him a TD to even it out for you***

Mar 8, 2018, 9:41 PM

Me too !!!!***

Mar 9, 2018, 6:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Me three.***

Mar 9, 2018, 9:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Stand still and let me throw a basketball at your chest...

Mar 8, 2018, 10:02 PM

Next, let me throw a baseball at your chest. Then tell me which one doesn’t matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Darts

Mar 9, 2018, 6:35 AM

Could be fun...test his manliness! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2018, 10:03 PM

This post is one of those post I wish I could TD more than once. Seriously, college baseball doesn't matter? ### are you on? Yeah, basketball is doing great for once in a while but c'mon man. Clemson Baseball is our 2nd best program in terms of fan following behind football of course.
Basketball gets more notority on TNET than baseball in my opinion.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2018, 10:31 PM

This is asinine. Baseball is a sport completely dominated by the pro leagues because of their extensive minor league system. Baseball is essentially on the same level as women's basketball, lacrosse and soccer. It really doesn't matter and is irelavant to a school's national reputation.

We have far more clemson basketball fans than Clemson baseball fans, both current and potential fans. Thinking otherwise is just ignoring reality.

For sports fans, baseball starts in early April (late March now) with MLB Opening Day. And the great majority of baseball fans cannot name 1 college baseball player.

Mar 8, 2018, 10:49 PM

Actually, you’re the one with the asinine statement, and you’re being a complete moron.

Mar 9, 2018, 5:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter? ]

Guess my 89 year old mom is an anomaly since she attends Clemson baseball games but has never laid eyes on a Clemson basketball team in person.

Mar 9, 2018, 6:28 AM

That’s actually pretty amazing man. Is she a huge baseball fan or does she just love Clemson Baseball that much? Does she go to football games? If I make it to a golden age like her I can only hope that I’d be able to get out to sporting events.

Mar 9, 2018, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter? ]

A Clemson fan is a fan of all sports. You don't just pull for Clemson basketball and not Clemson baseball. That ignoring reality if you believe otherwise.

Coots don't like baseball no more is

Mar 9, 2018, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is the #1 headline baseball? A college sport that doesn't matter? ]

What get out of this drivel

Mar 9, 2018, 5:28 AM

Why is this the #2 poast on my screen? Oh nevermind,,,,,,

I have to agree to an extent. This is basketball prime....

Mar 9, 2018, 5:43 AM

time. Moreover, college baseball is borderline meaningless to most of the country. It's behind women's basketball for most of the nation. I played baseball all through my youth and HS and I am a baseball nerd, yet I still find college baseball borderline meaningless as far as the big picture and the nation. I still can enjoy it though. I agree though that is March Madness time. That's the real deal now.

Re: I have to agree to an extent. This is basketball prime....

Mar 9, 2018, 6:17 AM

This is right, and the point most are trying to make here really just makes the reality of it more clear. College baseball is pretty meaningless and isn’t even a national sport, but at Clemson it’s been strong because of the success over the years. If you head north, you’ll find some discussions like this one about hockey. Other places lacrosse. Bottom line, on the national scene, football is king & basketball is second. That’s never going to change.

Re: I have to agree to an extent. This is basketball prime....

Mar 9, 2018, 6:47 AM [ in reply to I have to agree to an extent. This is basketball prime.... ]

Yes ofcourse football and basketball are ahead nationally but he said baseball is a college sport that doesn't matter. He said this on a Clemson forum mind you.

Yeah. He was cruisn for a bruisin.

Mar 9, 2018, 7:53 AM

You have to know your audience.

Re: Yeah. He was cruisn for a bruisin.

Mar 9, 2018, 8:24 AM

Yep. He is right in some ways but I would argue that most Clemson fans care about all sports especially the big 3. Might just be wishful thinking but I would assume if you have a tigernet account that you have interest in football, basketball, and baseball.

Yea, regardless if people on this site disagree

Mar 9, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to I have to agree to an extent. This is basketball prime.... ]

College baseball holds very little interest from national perspective. All you have to do is watch Sportscenter or peruse scores on various sites to see this. No highlights of college baseball. Meanwhile college basketball is everywhere. The yahoos on here may not like it, but that’s the stone cold facts.

That's all well and good if SportsCenter shows it, along

Mar 9, 2018, 11:17 AM

with their 10 minutes of highlights/scores and 50 minutes of garbage on each show that they regurgitate on the hour.

However, as this is a Clemson website and message board and the majority on here are baseball fans your argument is a non-starter.

Not to mention the main headline on the front page was a basketball story regarding the win, now it is a football story on Tre Lamar, and from the OP the first update was regarding a time change for the baseball game, which is a pretty important update for the thousands of fans going to Doug Kingsmore today to watch our first conference game of the year.

Re: Yea, regardless if people on this site disagree

Mar 9, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Yea, regardless if people on this site disagree ]

Yes but people on tigernet care about Clemson baseball. He is posting on tigernet saying nobody cares about college baseball. Just so ya know.

Mar 9, 2018, 6:48 AM

Better than making you think there's a new football story. Only to click on it and start reading to see it's a new way to say the same thing from a previous story. They get at least three threads off one Dabo interview.

Mar 9, 2018, 6:51 AM

You don’t matter

You should probably donate to tnet if you want to criticize the mods***

Mar 9, 2018, 7:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 9, 2018, 7:22 AM

GWPTiger® better be careful we have a new contender for the prestegious coachmac IPOTM award.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Nobody, and I mean nobody takes away my award***

Mar 9, 2018, 8:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 9, 2018, 8:00 AM

First of all, it's not the #1 headline.
Second of all, if you don't have the bandwidth to root for the Tigers in two sports at one time, pick one and stay away from the keyboard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 9, 2018, 8:49 AM

I must be missing something. I love Clemson football basketball baseball and any other Clemson sporting event that I can attend. One of the best days of spring is when we can go to the spring game and then walk over to the baseball game. Just enjoy them all while we are dominating the chickens in everyone of them

^^^Gets it^^^***

Mar 9, 2018, 8:58 AM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 9, 2018, 9:22 AM

I focus on every Clemson sport. I was even excited for our Air Rifle Team that won the "natty" several years ago!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2018, 9:41 AM

What we should be focused on is getting a hockey team.

Mar 9, 2018, 9:47 AM

umm why?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic