Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it that the Coots are irrelevant for playing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 2,369

Why is it that the Coots are irrelevant for playing

Dec 16, 2013, 11:40 PM

in the Cap 1 Bowl and yet all of you list your best win in the last 3 years as a victory in the Chic-fil-a bowl??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

probably opponent based... who are the coots playing again?***

Dec 16, 2013, 11:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: probably opponent based... who are the coots playing again?***

Dec 16, 2013, 11:45 PM

a team that qualified for the Cap 1 Bowl. A much better bowl than the Chicken bowl in Atl.
Who cares how you get to a bowl, right? as long as you get there. OB theory, I thought?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

you asked a question, i gave you an honest answer. clemson

Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 PM

beat a top 10 lsu team.

who are you playing again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you asked a question, i gave you an honest answer. clemson

Dec 16, 2013, 11:49 PM

It is a good answer, no doubt. I appreciate the dialogue. We are playing Wisconsin. Not ranked as high as LSU was, but certainly not the great disparity it would seem.

ok. be happy. or you can be a grinch like that franc guy

Dec 16, 2013, 11:51 PM

he hasn't been happy in 5 years.

I shouldn't have married a Gamecock....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:06 AM

However the first 15 years was bliss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I shouldn't have married a Gamecock....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:14 AM

She is an awesome lady, I'm sure :)

Dec 17, 2013, 12:16 AM

And her Gamecock family are good people too....most of the time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2013, 12:20 AM

We royally sucked for FAR too long not to be good people. Any Coot that needs a smack must be 18 or under!!

My wife is in fact a far better person than I....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:26 AM

She actually cheers for us when we aren't playing you guys. I used to not care whether you won or lost.

She lives in a house full of Tigers (4 kids and myself) but she hasn't left her roots. I got to give her credit there.

Re: My wife is in fact a far better person than I....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:30 AM

I also said on this board I would pull for you guys against the Suckeyes. The Tigers are a distant 2nd to my dislike of those guys.

Tell your lovely bride I said goodnight and Go #####! :)

Go figure....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:36 AM

She sleeps well and I'm arguing with people on a message board.

What was LSU ranked exactly I forget?

Dec 17, 2013, 5:59 AM [ in reply to you asked a question, i gave you an honest answer. clemson ]

Tried to look it up, couldn't find it.

Because LSU > Wisconsin

Dec 16, 2013, 11:45 PM

Also our biggest win was against No. 5 Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game. LSU would be our second biggest, and Georgia probably our third.

Re: Because LSU > Wisconsin

If LSU was better, then why weren't they in a better bowl?

Because the SEC wanted a more marquee matchup

Dec 18, 2022, 8:13 PM

2 Top 15 Tiger teams, high powered offense vs. singy defense and the only game on New Years Eve night? That's ratings right there.

Ok, I have no idea why "mar quee" (no space) was blocked

Dec 16, 2013, 11:50 PM

But yeah.

Re: Because the SEC wanted a more marquee matchup

Dec 16, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Because the SEC wanted a more marquee matchup ]

I hadn't thought of that. Reasonable answer.

Hmm...you're oddly nice and open-minded

Dec 16, 2013, 11:58 PM

Why do I feel like this a feint? ;)

Re: Hmm...you're oddly nice and open-minded

Dec 17, 2013, 12:02 AM

I enjoy the board. There are some Clemson folks on FGF and quite frankly I think it makes it more fun so I decided to come over here and check it out. I try to be respectful. We are always Coots and I never misspell Clemson :)

Well it's certainly nice to make peace with some of you guys

Dec 17, 2013, 12:08 AM

Personally, I hate arguing over rivalries. Most people who argue over this live in the state of South Carolina like I do anyway, so to me it's almost like I'm arguing with my fellow citizens, which is just silly.

I'm more about factual, logical discussion and only arguing with people if they're being trollish or just wearing rose colored glasses for their team.

Losing 5 years straight has caused tnet to respond in a...

Dec 17, 2013, 12:11 AM

Knee-jerk fashion to most posts by Gamecocks.

The fact is, we've had some pretty good Gamecock posters over the years that don't come on much anymore.

Same thing with FGF. Stinks but true******

Dec 17, 2013, 12:15 AM

Which causes me to think about the original post....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:20 AM

I have never said myself that SCar or their bowl is irrelevant. It's an excuse some posters use to forget the fact that we haven't beaten you in five years. Not taking anything away from our record ( it's hard to win 10 games regardless of who you play), but we are the beneficiary of having only two "good" teams in the ACC and a strong fan base.

Re: Which causes me to think about the original post....

Dec 17, 2013, 12:24 AM

No doubt. But that counts. I'm proud of our season, but I dang sure would rather be going to a BCS game. To Old Coots, it is just amazing what could happen to keep us out. That miracle against Bama, I mean, come on. Bama wins that game and we are in the Sugar Bowl. That's just our history.....as you know.

The Tennessee game is definitely your head scratcher this...

Dec 17, 2013, 12:29 AM

Year. That one hurt.

Re: The Tennessee game is definitely your head scratcher this...

Dec 17, 2013, 12:33 AM

I was there. Don't tell me. The game itself wasn't as bad as 2007 up there. I was there for that one, too. But the situation was worse this year because of what it meant. Connor truly wasn't healthy and shouldn't have played, but a L is an L.

Re: Losing 5 years straight has caused tnet to respond in a...

Dec 17, 2013, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Losing 5 years straight has caused tnet to respond in a... ]

THANK THE LORD!!!

& no...I don't mean Slurrier...even though the coots worship him

Re: Well it's certainly nice to make peace with some of you guys

Dec 17, 2013, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Well it's certainly nice to make peace with some of you guys ]

Me too. I'm on record on this board as saying that I work in the architectural field so the VAST majority of my daily interactions are with Tigers. We all "enjoy" the rivalry but it isn't as touchy as it can be on message boards.
I try to ask thought provoking stuff that isn't just CLEMSON SUCKS and crap like that.

LSU was 10 - 2 and the 8th ranked team in the nation....

Dec 17, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Because LSU > Wisconsin ]

Until the Bowl game their only losses were against No. 1 Alabama and No. 10 Florida.

They also beat your Capons 23 - 21.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Because LSU > Wisconsin

Dec 16, 2013, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Because LSU > Wisconsin ]

Oh yeah! VT. How did I miss that? I was at that game, too. My wife is a Hokie. I didn't think they were really a top 5 team, but hey, they were ranked there so that is a good win, for sure.

Why would you care what Tiger fans think. You want our

validation? Why?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would you care what Tiger fans think. You want our

Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 PM

I'm a sportsfan and enjoy reasonable conversation? Have I been inconsiderate or broken a forum rule?

Aside from bowl names, who is your biggest victory against..

Dec 16, 2013, 11:55 PM

The last 3 years?

Clemson?

Re: Aside from bowl names, who is your biggest victory against..

Dec 16, 2013, 11:59 PM

Mizzou Top 5 on the road maybe, UGA at #5 possibly, was Bama #1 3 years ago, not sure? Clemson is in there for sure. I think Clemson has been ranked higher than us entering the game in each of the past 3 seasons, I think?

Yes, those are all good wins...

Dec 17, 2013, 12:04 AM

I am married to a Gamecock, so I see all of your games. We usually watch our game in different rooms.

The last two years our biggest wins would be top 10 teams UGA and LSU.

If we are going to throw the third year in, we would add FSU and VT at their place and the ACC title beat down against VT.

Re: Why is it that the Coots are irrelevant for playing

Dec 17, 2013, 12:14 AM

gee..we couldn't care less what you think or want to know!
SHUT UP CLUCK!!!

go back to you Columbia ghetto board :)

____
___(___ \_____
_____(__
(________
(__ _____
(________/

Dec 17, 2013, 12:18 AM

well that didn't work...
feeling creative, so i'll try again...

for the coots:
_______
____/ _____)_
____)______
___________)
____)
_____________)

Dec 17, 2013, 12:19 AM

grrrr...use you imagination. its a finger, which one???

Dec 17, 2013, 12:21 AM

uhhh....All 5 of them?

OK, come on, you deserved that! :)

Tell em Coot!! ********

Dec 17, 2013, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is it that the Coots are irrelevant for playing ]

Because we beat the "SEC" LOL...by your own standards***

Dec 17, 2013, 1:03 AM

where is this list?

Dec 17, 2013, 8:16 AM

IM sure lsu would be on there...just want to look at this list you used to start this discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 43
| visibility 2,369
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic