»
Topic: Why is Vegas picking Pitt to lose in Miami????
Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 20, 2018 10:09 AM by: Tiggity®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Why is Vegas picking Pitt to lose in Miami????

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:07 AM

I'm laying down all my bets for this weekend and scratching my head as to why Miami is picked to win. Granted, game is in Miami but nobody shows up for games there. There is every chance there will be as many Pitt fans as Hurricane fans.
When you crunch the ATS data and game stats from this season, let alone their SOS and records, Pitt is easily the better team.

Methinks Vegas is baiting us on this one....

Re: Why is Vegas picking Pitt to lose in Miami????

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:17 AM

I thought the same thing last week when they had Pitt only a 6 point favorite against Wake. I had commented to my friends that if I were a betting man, I would bet the farm on Pitt last week. Of course, the first half ended with Wake up 10-6 but it just felt like it was a matter of time before Pitt woke up. Which they did in the second half, outscoring them 24-3.

because of the turnover chain man.... lol

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:17 AM

I remember them busting out that chain early against us last season and it wasn't long before we showed them what a real defense looks like.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

They know everyone in the conference

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:24 AM

is out to destroy our SOS. Just look at last Saturday. Every one of our ranked opponents pooped the bed.

#wearingmytinfoilhat

Yea, Pitt +6 looks good. Miami is 4-1 at home.***

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:24 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Public loves Miami

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:26 AM

They see Miami-Pitt in Miami and will almost instinctively bet Miami. They’re also coming off a blowout win over VT. Power rankings still slow to adjust to Miami.

S&P+ has Miami at 25 and Pitt at 54 so based on advanced stats, the spread is about right.

Couple of reasons....

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 7:28 AM

Long road trip to Miami plus guaranteed trip to ACC championship game could lead to a sluggish Pitt effort.
I think Pitt finds a way, but I get what Vegas is saying.....sort of.

If I'm Pitt, the last game I'm worried about is Miami.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 8:39 AM

My full attention would be on winning the ACC Championship.

Nobody cares or remembers if you beat Miami. But beating Clemson for the ACC Championship would be epic for that program.

Because Pitt's a lock for the ACCCG

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 10:08 AM

They're looking ahead. Miami's good enough to beat them, and Pitt will under perform. Just a hunch. Duke was our trap game. Miami will be for Pitt. Still think Pitt wins, but it will be hard fought, like we were with Duke the 1st half.

Luckily, USC will never be a trap game for us.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

- MauldinT
"Tiggi­ty is like finding a high-motor, Dabo five star heart guy. Underrated by the recruiting services, sort of like a Dorian O'Daniel."

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Wake Forest game. Venmo, ApplePay, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal f...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1414 people have read this post