Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated??

Jun 17, 2013, 10:50 AM

I know what you're thinking... 4* by all services except Rivals is not really underrated. I get it.

But this kid is literally sending running backs into the air from his hits. I've seen 5* LB's with less violent tape.

Is it a level of competition thing, do you think? He's from BHP right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated??

Jun 17, 2013, 11:05 AM

Doesn't have ideal height and lateral speed, per the scouts. Take that for what it's worth.

Here's what I see: physical at point of attack, has great pad level, has a nose for the ball and when he hits you, you go down. I'd rather have that type of player on my team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Pretty good analysis

Jun 17, 2013, 11:07 AM

Might not have the top end speed but appears to have fluid hips and finishes tackles. So much of ratings are based on measurables, but I will take this guy all day

Agreed plus

Jun 17, 2013, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated?? ]

He has not shown great pass coverage skills to date. He will also have to learn to get off blocks better as short arms are often difficult for LB's to overcome (think Corico).

I think he is a good but not elite LB/athlete. However, there have been a TON of outstanding players with less physical tools than this guy. I see a Shuey type player with more upside.

Venables has seen plenty of really good players and obviously wanted him bad enough to pitch really hard. While I would rather go after an elite DE or OL, I am OK with this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed plus

Jun 17, 2013, 1:20 PM

Nothing I've seen/heard indicates any downside on pass coverage. His play in space is VERY good......where are you hearing/reading this?

Corico was poorly coached by Steele, so I won't draw any comparison.

Finally, I don't think we're in the lead with any elite DE in this cycle, which concerns me as they generally take at least a year to develop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Agreed plus

Jun 17, 2013, 4:01 PM

I don't disagree with anything you've stated. This is what the recruiting services are saying are his weaknesses. Ergo, his star rating is lower than some think are warranted.

Ironically, we almost have better success, or so it seems, with some of these lower "star" guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Living in Ga, do you attent BHP games to get your

Jun 17, 2013, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Agreed plus ]

opinion on his pass coverage skills?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Living in Ga, do you attent BHP games to get your

Jun 17, 2013, 3:49 PM

That is the scouting report on him from various services. The question posed was why he was not higher rated; these are some of the scouts PERCEPTION.
It is not unusual for MANY HS players to be weak on pass coverage, playing with improper leverage, don't use hands effectively enough, etc; most of the time it is maturation or coaching or quality of HS competition or a combination.

Again, I think he is a good (by our standards) LB but he does not have the whole package like a S. Anthony or T. Stewart coming out of HS. That is why his rating is lower than some think it should be.

Coaches don't look at stars though and obviously BV likes him a lot. Hopefully he develops nicely and makes an impact at some point. Some of our best LB's have come in as 2-3 star guys.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:06 AM

Boulware wasn't highly rated until after his Sr year, either. Boulware, like KJ, was putting up eye-popping numbers, consistently. I have no doubt that his state ranking will rise...but a 5'11 LB that runs a 4.8 is reason for pause when you get into the high 4* rankings.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:11 AM

Odd that a 4 Star prospect only has 7 offers with 3 of them being Duke, Furman, and App St.

Usually a diamond in the rough is not a 4 star but a 1 or 2 star that turns into a big time player. He has already been identified as a big time player due to being rated a 4 star yet no big schools (other than Clemson) are offering him

Should be one to follow just to see what his deal is

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCLA and Louisville aren't big schools?***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:14 AM

Also had offers from GT and Kentucky***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated?? ]

Screw Calford.

Simply stated, Alabama hasn't offered him, so he's not

Jun 17, 2013, 11:18 AM

as highly regarded as he should be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Or UGA or FSU or UF or VT or Miami...***

Jun 17, 2013, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he doesn't play in either Ga. or Fla.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:26 AM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Jun 17, 2013, 12:45 PM

Pretty foolish to argue the point...look at the other recruits lists of schools. It is a fact that a 4 star with only a few offers with 3 of those being Duke, App st, and Furman shows something.

It is a fact that coaches see things others don't. There is something to this kid that shows some concern. That doesn't equal he is terrible, it just means that others passes on him.

Look at Melvin Ingram, 2 star, was a great player down the road, then look at Derrick Watson, Mike Bellamy, 5 stars who didn't work out. It is normal to see a 2 star only have a few decent offers, very odd to see a 4 star out of SC with no UGA, UNC, NC State, USC, Wake Forrest, UVA, Auburn, etc.

To the person who mentioned I meant no bama offer he must not be any good, facts are scary things you should take a closer look. I didn't mention bama in that list of schools within 150-200 miles of his high school. Odd indeed but we will see how he turns out. It was a simple statement based on odd facts. We quickly look at a list and get excited when a player has a long list of great schools but it is so hard to use the same logic when there are fewer big schools on the list.

Southern Cal seldom offers SC recruits...why do you

Jun 17, 2013, 1:01 PM

mention them? and if you were talking about USuCk we couldn't care less who you offer. Besides most of the SECheat waits to see who Clemson offers before they make an offer. That's a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated?? ]

I could care less how many offers any kid has. As long as Chad and Brent feel they are good enough for an offer is all I need to know.

Re: Re: Why is Kendall Joseph so underrated??

Jun 17, 2013, 1:05 PM

It is solely due to his height that he doesn't have more big time offers. Y'all crack me up..

Casual fans giving their INFORMED opinions are

Jun 17, 2013, 1:40 PM

always a good laugh. Wonder how many times Clemson coaches check the internet for recruiting tips?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hes a run stopping player, great tackler, but not a sideline

Jun 17, 2013, 3:53 PM

to sideline guy. he will most likely be moved to OLB. his pass coverage is very poor bc of his lack of speed. but no doubt he can tackle and hit

Jun 17, 2013, 4:12 PM

6 feet tall and 4.6 40 is what is keeping him from 4 star across the board or low 5 star. People say he is a player and need to be judged by his on the field play and not his measureables.

Look at his tape, and read my above comment

Jun 17, 2013, 4:33 PM

not saying im the ultimate guru or nothing but i think his play on tape says it all. hes good but not great.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic