Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is FSU leading the conversation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,050

Why is FSU leading the conversation?

May 17, 2012, 11:41 AM

After reading Mickies blog "MONEY" it is obvious to me that we should be leading the charge. If all of the facts are true ( and I do not doubt them ) we can not sit and let the ACC lead us to insignificance. If the powers that be , read that Trustees AND admin, allow Tiger Athletics to become second class to USC then a pox on them. I would expect a response from someone higher than TDP ASAP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why?

May 17, 2012, 11:42 AM

Why do you need a response from a "higher up"...

IMO, our silence on all this speaks VOLUMES

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: why?

May 17, 2012, 12:04 PM

I agree. Silence is gold when it is left with the other parties not knowing what your next move will be. That is kinda like throwing a rock from a distance at a window. And not knowing if you will hear the glass break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the only person at Clemson that talks in public.***

May 17, 2012, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is FSU leading the conversation?

May 17, 2012, 11:43 AM

If we are actually in negotiations to leave, why show your hand before you have to? FSU has really burned some bridges if they decide to stay or any kind of deal with the B12 falls through.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because FSU has mouthy BOT members...

May 17, 2012, 11:48 AM

If negotiations are in the works, the last thing you want is someone blabbing about it.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope your right Rev.***

May 17, 2012, 11:54 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope your right Rev.***

May 17, 2012, 12:07 PM

Rev is right. Never show your hand until the very last bet has been placed. Don't even hint what you have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think perhaps the volume of attention the fans gave...

May 17, 2012, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Because FSU has mouthy BOT members... ]

FSU's management may have warranted a public statement, Rev. Someone here reported that one of their fan websites had a poll which showed ~90% of the FSU fans wanted out of the Conference.

It appears to me the President of FSU was appeasing the fans with his statements about the Big 12 by explaining the drawbacks and to let them know their voices had been heard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be...or perhaps they wanted to plow the road

May 17, 2012, 12:12 PM

...and let folks know their reasoning.

Agggh! now my head hurts again!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed rev. you just don't negotiate from a position of

May 17, 2012, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Because FSU has mouthy BOT members... ]

weakness and any public shows of disatisfaction would be weakness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are playing this perfectly...Negotiate behind the...

May 17, 2012, 11:58 AM

scenes and sit back and watch FSU pi$$ off everyone in the ACC which will create almost every member team suing them just like Baylor did. We watch them make everyone made and when they leave we say since FSU is leaving it is our best interest to leave as well. Thank you TDP, Barker, and BOT members for keeping your mouth shut.

There's a right way and a wrong way...

May 17, 2012, 12:23 PM

...to do this thing. FSU's leaders are acting like bumpkins that have never done anything like this before (maybe showing the same leadership skills that left their athletic program $2.5 M in the hole...). The CU BOT, Barker, and TDP receive nothing but derision on this board, but I see them playing this situation as skillfully as Don Corleone...

Re: Why is FSU leading the conversation?

May 17, 2012, 1:54 PM

I hope you guys are right. The other possibility is - they are really not doing anything ...

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic