Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why don't we actually play a good team in baseball like Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why don't we actually play a good team in baseball like Florida

Mar 31, 2018, 12:58 PM

So we can see how good we really are.

BC is a joke at baseball and all sports.

I'd like see us play the Gators, who are on right now, and see how we match up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't we actually play a good team in baseball like Florida

Mar 31, 2018, 1:10 PM

Trust me. You do not want to do that. However, it would have been nice to have O'Sullivan as our coach. He and Tim Corbin at Vandy have done nothing but win, including national championships since they left Clemson. I wish that we could have benefitted from that!

Mar 31, 2018, 1:31 PM

It took O'Sullivan and Corbin many, many years to finally win a CWS titlefor Florida and Vandy.

Maybe we should be a little bit patient with the really good coach we have at Clemson.

Apr 1, 2018, 4:40 PM

It's amazing that the coaches that came off of the Jackleg tree accomplished what their mentor never could.

Yes, we already have to face several Top-10 ACC teams ...

Mar 31, 2018, 1:23 PM

... Lets add another one from out of conference just to "see how good we are" ... jeesh!

Re: Yes, we already have to face several Top-10 ACC teams ...

Apr 1, 2018, 6:33 PM

In the interest of factuality, FSU is currently the only top 10 RPI ACC team we will face this season. The ACC is very by normal standards this year. The only other top 10 RPi team on our schedule is Georgia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, we already have to face several Top-10 ACC teams ...

Apr 2, 2018, 10:29 AM

In the interest of variety, NC State is ranked 10th by almost every poll and other ACC teams are still ranked in the top 25.

Going by RPI that would mean East Carolina is 10th and Wichita State is 6th, so the RPI is certainly a little skewed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2018, 1:31 PM

Is this a serious inquire?

We scheduled BC because we have to schedule BC. They are not only in our conference but in our division. They are a requirement...not an option.

Now I am all for saying screw the UGA series and start bouncing around the SEC for those two games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 31, 2018, 1:33 PM

not sirius - first two responses are cocklovers - you know, the school that sucks at all mens athletics? they don't know how to troll and they are absurdly stoopid. but, thats what you'd expect from them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Drop the chickens and replace with a much better Florida

Mar 31, 2018, 1:36 PM

team.

Re: Drop the chickens and replace with a much better Florida

Mar 31, 2018, 2:26 PM

Disagree. I'll take Monte and his personality over those two, even though they are ex-tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, with State sweeping us in baseball, and them leading

Apr 1, 2018, 2:10 PM

The conference, common logic makes them the team to beat in the ACC, but we aren't too far behind.

Go Tigers !

Re: Well, with State sweeping us in baseball, and them leading

Apr 1, 2018, 4:34 PM

Coot Thread all day! Dallas Baptist was top 15 team when we played them. Played top10 NCSt and we saw how that went! We play several Top 20 teams this season to get a pulse of our team! One thing we do know is we are better than Coots once again!

i guess that's all that really matters.

Apr 1, 2018, 10:13 PM

nm

Apr 1, 2018, 4:50 PM

We should have scheduled Tennessee. Now that's SEC baseball. The record may say 17-12, but they are really coming on after the heartbreaking 21-2 loss to James Madison. Along with only losing to ETSU twice and Maryland twice, hard to believe the coots were able to secure a series sweep at home against such a quality team

Apr 1, 2018, 5:09 PM

BC was in a super regional on 2016, much more recent than us or the coots.

Apr 2, 2018, 10:36 AM

Don’t you need too worry about Women’s Basketball recruiting and having a chicken Dancing in a PVC cage ?

Apr 2, 2018, 1:18 PM

No, this post is about
Clemson playing Florida. There isn't any mention of South Carolina in my post. Go back and re-read.

I'm talking about Clemson playing a Florida caliber team in baseball opposed to Midweek Furman. That's all.

You shouldn't be so fast to jump to conclusions about something not related to the subject you are talking about.

Apr 2, 2018, 1:24 PM

OR A MIDWEEK COASTAL OR A MIDWEEK GEORGIA. HOPEFULLY YOU REALIZE THAT FLORIDA HAS MID MAJOR MIDWEEK GAMES ALSO. WE PLAY THE COOTS IN A THREE GAME MIDWEEK SERIES. WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY THEM MID WEEK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't we actually play a good team in baseball like Florida ]

Go look at your Chickens Schedule. FYI, Clemson was in it an alreadyand won the series. Now your lady Softball team is looking pretty good. Of course The Chickens are a athletic School for women. You can have that Honor!!!

Apr 2, 2018, 1:43 PM

Don't ask me?? , you are the one with garnet in your name. You must have some type of fascination with them or either their school colors.

Apr 2, 2018, 2:23 PM

Shouldn’t you be on the Citadels board running that little dirt ###### mouth ? I might be wrong but I think you actually have a winning record against them . On this site your the little Brother that rides Alabama’s coat tail every year .

Apr 2, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Why don't we actually play a good team in baseball like Florida ]

I'm sure that T-netters, the Clemson AD, and the ACC would benefit greatly from your imput of who the good teams are going to be ayear in advance. I'm sure you can give us a link where you had Coastal winning it all a couple of years ago. Alink to all of your previous top teams would be great. Say, go back 5 years.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic