Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why don't people get it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1,591

Why don't people get it?

Mar 26, 2014, 11:46 AM

Our win last night- and our fanbase- represented everything that college sports should be about. We packed LJ because our fans wanted to show support for a team that busted their a$$es all year long and just happened to come up a little bit short of an NCAA bid. We wanted to show them that we're behind them regardless of what tournament they're playing in and that we appreciate everything they've done. We had a packed house-- 10,000+ for an NIT quarterfinal game! What other fanbase provides that kind of support? I saw the FSU game the other night-- they may have had 1,000 people there. As for rushing the court? Who cares! It's college kids that are excited for their team and their classmates. How can you hate on that? It's supposed to be fun. I can't stand the arrogance and the "act like you've been there" attitude from people. Since when did being a fan get all these stupid rules?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't people get it?

Mar 26, 2014, 11:50 AM

I agree totally. I was happy to see us rush the floor. This team has come a long way from where they were at the start of the year. If I remember correctly, earlier in the year we went 18 minutes with only one FG. Nnoko looked like he didn't belong in the ACC. We didn't have anyone who could score.

Now, Nnoko's hook shot is getting deadly and he is playing like a beast down in the paint, and we are scoring far more consistently than before. This team deserves, and has earned, the support of the fanbase. Rushing the court last night wasn't about beating Belmont, it was about how far we have come, and how much we appreciate how hard this team has worked. I can't even tell you how proud I am of our players and coaches after this season. They deserve a trip to NY, and they deserve all of the fan support we can pour on them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simply couldn't agree more

Mar 26, 2014, 12:00 PM

This is SUPPOSED to be fun. WHy on Earth would anyone begrudge folks enjoying it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in the camp of...yes, it's all good fun.

Mar 26, 2014, 12:03 PM

Including on the side of those who are mocking Clemson for it. Nothing to get upset about, IMO. They gotta have something to talk about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not upset

Mar 26, 2014, 12:10 PM

But for an org like ESPN to preach "passion for your team", "follow your team", and then mock those who enjoy wins (in this case) or those who take losses hard (in the case of their repetitive showing and mocking of the Clemson fan during the GT game a few years back) is bunk.

I just don't see how you can have it both ways "Hey guys, be passionate about your team, but don't be too happy when you win, or too sad when you lose."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, ESPN is in the business of making money by

Mar 26, 2014, 12:14 PM

entertaining people and making them want to watch. Part of entertaining and making people want to watch is to make talking points out of seemingly insignificant stuff.

I don't think they're really trying to preach or promote any particular message.

No doubt

Mar 26, 2014, 12:18 PM

And part of being a consumer of that is to laugh and mock them when I see the incongruity of their messages.

I'm not up in arms or boycotting or picketing, I just think most people are pointing out the weird critical nature of mocking folks for enjoying a win or being sad at a loss.

I think we're on the same page.***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:20 PM

It's simple. Clemson is in the middle of 'SEC country' and

Mar 26, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I'm not upset ]

is a rising threat to ESPiN's predominate collegiate investment. Anything they can do to protect their holdings is on the table. Their general approach is some backhanded compliment or subliminal ridicule but there's nothing much else they can do. Wins in Athens to start and DV to end would be paramount and a win in Tally would be the Crown Jewels. Whatever, they can't stop the momentum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^THIS^^^^ Could not agree more!***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I have actually heard they have a weekly staff meeting

Mar 26, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to It's simple. Clemson is in the middle of 'SEC country' and ]

On the ways they can hurt Clemson that particular week.

Yes -- SWOT meetings. Clemson = threat to SEC investment***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes -- SWOT meetings. Clemson = threat to SEC investment***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:33 PM

You need a mousetrap. You have a mouse on your page, ;)***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

Did you see the graphic this morning comparing the

Mar 26, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Yes, I have actually heard they have a weekly staff meeting ]

enrollments of Clemson and Belmont, the number of trips to postseason, and the number of NBA players. That wasn't by chance. Someone did the research and they didn't do it without some producer's request... Every week, no. When they think they can, yes. Now, go apply for RCI corrective surgery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did the graphic say?

Mar 26, 2014, 12:40 PM

I presume Clemson would have been ahead in all of the categories, right? Wouldn't that be a compliment?

It followed a shot of Clemson "storming" the court.... Just

Mar 26, 2014, 12:53 PM

another example of baseless subliminal condescension. Last night's celebration had nothing to do with WHO we beat, only what it meant for the player's and the team. It wasn't about Belmont... It was about MSG and getting to go to NY and finishing out well at LJ and never giving up. But you're entitled to see it however you want... ESPiN can spin it however they want.

You're loving that RCI surgery aren't you?

Mar 26, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Did you see the graphic this morning comparing the ]

Do you do RCI surgery, and you're just trying to get more business? If so, I applaud you.

No... but might want to research that.***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:58 PM

Link:

Mar 26, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to It's simple. Clemson is in the middle of 'SEC country' and ]

Standard reply for the null.. "Conspiracy theory." Gotcha...***

Mar 26, 2014, 1:03 PM

Pretty much, it's applicable to many posts on here.***

Mar 26, 2014, 1:05 PM

"Pretty much"....

Mar 26, 2014, 1:08 PM

NULL.

Mar 26, 2014, 12:13 PM

I think it would have mattered who we played. people were in the mood to celebrate with the team before they go to NY so they were going to go down there. it was done in a safe way unlike NCSt gettting the wheel chair guy almost trampled. I thought it was great and I was glad they did it.

I should also add I'm one of the mare mature poster here so as long as they arent on my lawn I'm fine iwth it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 12:16 PM

ple. The mighty SEC has decreed fans stay in stands or school gets fined. ESPN is so far up their ***** that they feel all schools should do the same or their fanbase must be stupid...
who cares what they think?

Haha what?***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:21 PM

Haha... READ!***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:28 PM

I did, and it made no sense. So ESPN criticized us because

Mar 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

they love the SEC, and in the SEC they can't storm the court, so they think that nobody should storm the court????

No, they criticized us because we were the higher seed and played a game that gave us the opportunity to play in the semifinal, not one that won the championship. His post was absurd.

ESPiN's criticism and you proffering it is absurd.... It was

Mar 26, 2014, 12:47 PM

the last game of the season at LJ and a sendoff for the team to MSG. If you don't get it, too bad. It wasn't about Belmont as it's being made out to be... It was about the fight that this team put up down the stretch even with the adversity of some highly questionable ACC endings. Maybe someone can start a RCI surgery center. The candidates are growing....

I agree with that completely. What I'm laughing at was his

Mar 26, 2014, 12:52 PM

explanation for why ESPN was criticizing us.

Link:

Mar 26, 2014, 12:56 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15196970

Yeah, well...

Mar 26, 2014, 12:32 PM

that and the fact that IPTAY wasn't wasting the best seating with cold lifeless bodies. No offense old timers, I'm old too but bydam I ain't dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1,591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic