Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Son of Larry Nance, Pete...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Son of Larry Nance, Pete...

Apr 22, 2017, 10:52 PM

We got to get this kid. Now a top 50-100 recruit. Also the son of one of the best to play hoops here. So much talent. Offer Larry Nance the assistant position if Brad has to. If we got Pete, Zion, and another legacy Sharone Wright Jr it would be the best class in Clemson hoops. Check out these highlights of Pete. So much skill and talent for 6-9...

https://youtu.be/6ZVlhRRw_kg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that Brownell offered him until recently.

Apr 22, 2017, 11:00 PM

I don't think we stand much of a chance.

why?

Apr 22, 2017, 11:02 PM

Larry loves Clemson...

He does but our bb staff has not made pete a priority.

Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 PM

I just don't think he will be coming here.

I'm sure there is a reason why Clemson offered

Apr 22, 2017, 11:11 PM

him when they did. Why don't you trust the coaches? They want to recruit the best players and win even more than you do.

As for Nance, he has a nice jumper but let's not get ahead of ourselves just because he's Larry Nance's son. He's not even ranked nationally at his position. ESPN doesn't even have him listed on their recruiting site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm sure there is a reason why Clemson offered

Apr 22, 2017, 11:29 PM

Either was Larry Nance Jr and look what he did at Wyoming and now is a Laker. Larry Senior was also a late bloomer. Go for the genes....

All major schools missed on Larry Nance Jr.

Apr 23, 2017, 12:27 PM

I guess those hundreds of coaches don't know what they are doing either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Why don't I trust our basketball coaches?

Apr 23, 2017, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I'm sure there is a reason why Clemson offered ]

6 straight years of missing March Madness is just an obvious observation about CBB and his lack of recruiting prowess.

Myself and others will sit and watch another year slip by next year as well.

So you evaluate prospects as extensively as they do?

Apr 23, 2017, 12:26 PM

Good to know. Maybe you can help them evaluate the thousands of high school players better, and give them tips on signing better players.

Re: I'm sure there is a reason why Clemson offered

Apr 23, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to I'm sure there is a reason why Clemson offered ]

Trust Brownlee? Really?
I trust Dabo, I trust Monte, I do NOT trust BB.

Knowing Brownlee he'll probably go after #40 on Nance's team.

Apr 23, 2017, 10:20 AM

He makes up for his lack of height with his natural body mass. Doesn't take bad shots. Loves distributing the ball. Doesn't mind the slower-paced offensive scheme. Doesn't mind sitting on the bench to let others play. Real team player that will get water for others during timeouts. High GPA. Good character guy. Exactly what this team needs!

~JKB

Re: Knowing Brownlee he'll probably go after #40 on Nance's team.

Apr 23, 2017, 3:41 PM

If he inherited his fathers skills, he is a very good player. Larry Nance could play some basketball.

The funny thing about this thread

Apr 23, 2017, 5:04 PM

is that most of you would have criticized Brownell for not recruiting well if he had offered Larry Nance Jr. You would've said, "He's not even rated by recruiting services and no other major programs have offered him!" Then when he turned out to be good, you still wouldn't have given Brownell credit for recognizing that talent - much like you don't for players like McDaniels and Blossomgame. That would mean that you have to give him credit for spotting talent and developing talent - neither of which are you and the rest of the Brownell criticizers willing to do.

Re: The funny thing about this thread

Apr 23, 2017, 6:17 PM

It's the stretch run of baseball season. Football
Recruiting is in full swing. Brownell can make his changes and we will see if he can win and make the tournament. Basketball is irrelevant at Clemson.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic