Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does CU have 7 grad students playing and SCAR have 0 ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why does CU have 7 grad students playing and SCAR have 0 ?

Nov 25, 2013, 11:23 PM

This seems like a curious discrepancy.

Serious question ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bc

Nov 25, 2013, 11:26 PM

We only have like 4 scholarship seniors and very few players who have been in school four years. We have a very young team in that aspect. Last year it would have been different.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCar signed 52 players in '09 &'10 yet they have 4 seniors

Nov 26, 2013, 7:47 AM

Not sure why they are so young.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called the rotating players. If you aren't deemed

Nov 26, 2013, 8:52 AM

good enough to make the 2 deep after your soph year, you are shown the door so they can over recruit again the next year. That's the way the SEC does business!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All you closet COOTS read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nov 26, 2013, 10:26 AM

This explains why after 8 years of ball sac you have a so called young team, pulling scholarships, cutting players , taking away their ability to get an education all because they didn't make the 2 deep after their sophomore years.At least Saban and Miles abuse the medical hard ship issue, allowing for the young men that want to, to continue their education.3rd string after yout sophomore year at LSU and Bama, a hang nail will get you a medical hard ship scholarship.

Students and Athletes love the college life in Clemson, and

Nov 25, 2013, 11:31 PM

they are not in a hurry to leave.

Clemson = Mecca

Cootlumbia = Crime-ridden Slum

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry

Nov 25, 2013, 11:34 PM

7 seniors, we've also had a lot of transfers over the last few years and juniors come out. Next year we will have a lot more seniors and 4th and 5th year guys considering we have near 40 juniors and rs juniors. Only 3 or 4 may declare early.

Those are some big numbers for a coot. Someone's

Nov 26, 2013, 7:52 AM

been practicing their math flashcards!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

you have to attend classes occasionally to be a graduate****

Nov 25, 2013, 11:46 PM

Re: you have to attend classes occasionally to be a graduate****

Nov 26, 2013, 6:32 AM

not at UNC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Chickens have sold their souls to be relevant

Nov 26, 2013, 12:18 AM

and everyone knows it. That program is what it will always be. Dabo was right, they ain't Clemson, and if all you judge a program by is wins and losses in recent years, and what conference you play in, you are a joke of a program as far as i'm concerned. I'd take our staff, our players, our culture, our pride any day of the week over that shady, win at all costs sham show in Cootlumbia. Cut open a Chicken fan, you'll find someone begging to be noticed. Thank goodness we have Dabo and his staff and Clemson's culture. I wouldn't trade them for anyone or anything they have going on on that dump of a campus. We'll be back where we need to be and it will be done with character and our souls intact. We cannot beat them badly enough for me. Alabama and Mississippi State look classy compared to them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^POST OF THE DAY1^^^^^^^***

Nov 26, 2013, 6:25 AM

Re: The Chickens have sold their souls to be relevant

Nov 26, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to The Chickens have sold their souls to be relevant ]

Point for your post. I will take quality and integrity over having some thug who was kicked out of four high schools any day. That school down the road shows no loyalty or appreciation to their athletes.

duh...***

Nov 26, 2013, 6:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember: You have to TRY to fail at UCS...

Nov 26, 2013, 7:01 AM

...they should be proud so many of their guys continue to do so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does CU have 7 grad students playing and SCAR have 0 ?

Nov 26, 2013, 7:44 AM

Just curious, but what are the things that they have done to sell their soul or win at all costs?

Two answers -

Nov 26, 2013, 7:58 AM

If you're a redshirt sophomore in Columbia and you haven't cracked the two deep chart, your coach meets with you at the end of the season and tells you about the great football programs at SC State, Coastal Carolina and the Citadel. He further explains that you might get a lot more playing time there next year AND a scholarship - neither of which you're going to have next year in Columbia. He needs your spot for a recruit who he thinks has a better chance of panning out. When was the last time they weren't able to sign 28 players a year? Even with lost scholarships? This is how they do it.

On the other hand, if you're a true junior who is good enough to make second team all-SEC and your agent (I know, college football players don't have agents "wink! wink!*) tells you that you could get third round money, you are out of there! Those guys leave for the same reason that they came in the first place - the money! I can only remember one junior announcing he was coming back for his senior season like it was a big deal. Can't remember his name but it was about 5 years ago. He only reversed his decision after he was told that free agency was all he could expect. I don't think he got drafted after his last season either.

I'm a little surprised that Connor Shaw isn't a grad student. Wasn't he recruited by Sparky Woods?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two answers -

Nov 26, 2013, 10:17 AM

Werent Devin Taylor, Devonte Holloman, DJ Swearinger, and TJ Johnson all seniors last year? And weren't all of them drafted?

Also, Clemson has done the same thing as far as encouraging players to look at other programs.

Lastly, this is the first year Carolina has had reduction in scholarships and will only be able to sign a max of 18.

But, please do not let facts get in the way of your hatred. I understand everyone on TNet despises Carolina, but the nonsense that you folk make up is sad.

Nov 26, 2013, 10:40 AM

Those players you listed were more than likely seniors only in the sense of NCAA eligibility, not academic standing. Given South Carolina's academic standing, that's embarrassing. Yes, Clemson has had a very limited number of students depart the program for a lack of playing time. That those individuals departed was entirely their decision, they were not forced out the door as it is done at South Carolina.

Nov 26, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Two answers - ]

You have a reading comprehension problem, my feathered, ummm, whatever you are.

I didn't say nobody makes it through their senior year at your school. Everyone of those guys were on the two deep roster or higher after their sophomore seasons. I believe Johnson was a four year starter for y'all. Maybe all four of them. I don't keep up with EVERYTHING that goes on your program.

To your second point, you're wrong. We take scholarships away from rule breakers. That has no bearing on where they rank on the depth chart. The only rule that a player can break in Columbia and get thrown off the team is "Don't p!ss off the OBS." Even that doesn't matter if you're an All American whose presence is critical for important games. You can do just about anything you want to then.

Third point - let's see if they actually stop at 18. The team entrance at W-B is not the only place where smoke and mirrors are put to good use in Columbia.

As for you - don't let facts get in the way of your blind worship of your win at all costs coach. The FACT is that I don't hate anyone or any program - but you guys are our rivals and it's not my job to say nice things about you. I'm not making up anything though.

I will say this much. Anything I say about you is said on a Clemson board. I haven't read or posted anything on a Gamecock site since the 90's. I'm a quick learner.

Apparently the same cannot be said for you. What's your excuse?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does CU have 7 grad students playing and SCAR have 0 ?

Nov 26, 2013, 8:48 AM

Clemson is the only school i know of that refers to 5th year seniors that have graduated as "grad". I'm not sure if USC has any because they only have 5 SRs on the roster, but Garcia was a graduate his last year, but he was listed as "senior". NCAA football stats only recognize your year of athletic eligibility, no academic standing. otherwise, you could have redshirt freshman referred to as sophmore, which gets confusing,

That makes sense I suppose, but still ...

Nov 27, 2013, 8:46 AM

... I like listing them as Grad Students for the simple reason that it shows that we do, in fact have football players who graduate.

Seven guys on the squad with degrees in hand who still have eligibility and who are still playing is a great advertisement IMHO.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic