Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does Bill Curry dislike us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Why does Bill Curry dislike us?

Jun 24, 2012, 12:52 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because we owned him when he was coaching. 100% tool***

Jun 24, 2012, 1:05 PM

Re: Why does Bill Curry dislike us?

Jun 24, 2012, 1:12 PM

Bill Curry is gigantic, arrogant assh*le. It has plagued me to no end that I actually used to cheer this jerk when he played for THE REAL COLTS many years ago and I didn't find out what a jerk he was until later....and it helped make me very cynical and cautious about throwing my support to anyone without getting the full story....Curry just has a bad case of "GaTech is better than everyone" and it galled him to no end when Clemson won the NatChampionship and started beating his yellowjackets on a regular basis....which, oddly enough, coincided with that timeperiod when each and every freakin' Clemson/GaTech WAS NOT played in Atlanta

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'93 peach didn't help and i've heard it rumored that he

Jun 24, 2012, 1:16 PM

and hatfield were friends.

as the rumor goes, curry did not care for how ken was treated by clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '93 peach didn't help and i've heard it rumored that he

Jun 24, 2012, 1:17 PM

he hated Clemson long before Ken Hatfield showed up on campus.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeps, some thought this cont. to fuel the fire.

Jun 24, 2012, 1:18 PM

no doubt in every broadcast the man made no bones about his bias toward clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '93 peach didn't help and i've heard it rumored that he

Jun 24, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to '93 peach didn't help and i've heard it rumored that he ]

Who said he dislikes us? I heard that he had good things to say about Clemson when he spoke in Littlejohn at the event when Dabo was given the Bobby Dodd award.

well, me and the other posters who answered?***

Jun 24, 2012, 2:01 PM

Jun 24, 2012, 1:21 PM

Why bring it up now?

It goes back to the 80's

Jun 24, 2012, 1:32 PM

He and Steve Spurrier at Duke made some comments about Clemson embarrassing the ACC with the NCAA investigations. They are the only coaches in the ACC who did this. Never forget!

and whats truly ironic is that while he was HC at 'Bama...

Jun 24, 2012, 1:55 PM

they were cheating like gamecocks too.....just never got busted while he was there...soon after left though.

Curry's acted like a gigantic prick towards Clemson for years. And thus, I have NOTHING good to say about him either.

Well he played at Ga Tech for Bobby Dodd....that was....

Jun 24, 2012, 1:45 PM

....probably the beginning. Also, as some have mentioned, I don't think he cared for Danny Ford. An Alabama grad coaching at Clemson...then and now....is probably too much for Tech fans.

Bobby Dodd hated Bear Bryant and I don't think he (Dodd) and Coach Howard got along all that well.

Loved or hated...

Jun 24, 2012, 1:53 PM

but never forgotten.

I don't mind Bill Curry - I think he's an ok fella. But then again, I really don't care whether he likes Clemson or not.

Who?***

Jun 24, 2012, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re:Bill who??***

Jun 24, 2012, 4:22 PM

Jun 24, 2012, 4:59 PM

Sorry guys - but I cannot for the life of me even remotely care what bill curry thinks about CLEMSON. He wasn't even that good of a coach when he had his best years.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic