Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Does Clemson have a shot with the next Mackensie Alexander?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Does Clemson have a shot with the next Mackensie Alexander?

Apr 28, 2015, 4:08 PM

Does Clemson have a shot with the next Mackensie Alexander?

One of the top athletes in the state of Georgia for the 2017 recruiting cycle is projected by many to play defensive back at the next level, and Jamyest Williams knows all about Clemson and its reputation for turning out top corners. What does he say about the Tigers? What is he looking for in a school?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Does Clemson have a shot with the next Mackensie Alexander?

Apr 28, 2015, 4:09 PM

Also one of the leaders for Deon Jones.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane

Apr 28, 2015, 4:16 PM

First I read an article that compares some receiver to Calvin Johnson, b/c he's 6-4 200 and not uncoordinated? Just because you're tall and coordinated doesn't mean you're Calvin Johnson, just like how just b/c you try to play like Mack Alexander doesn't mean you are as good as he is.

Re: This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane

Apr 28, 2015, 4:26 PM

> First I read an article that compares some receiver
> to Calvin Johnson, b/c he's 6-4 200 and not
> uncoordinated? Just because you're tall and
> coordinated doesn't mean you're Calvin Johnson, just
> like how just b/c you try to play like Mack Alexander
> doesn't mean you are as good as he is.

Don't know about this corner - though he's obviously turning heads - but if the Calvin Johnson comparison is referring to Diondre Overton, that's legit. Overton's the closest prospect I've seen come through the pipes to another Megatron. Kid is massive, smoother than smooth, has the same almost jogging gait as Johnson - doesn't look like he's going hard at all, until you realize how much ground he's covering and how he's just effortlessly separating from everybody - and he's got the same kind of body control. If there's been a more physically talented WR prospect coming out of high school the last few years I haven't seen him.

Dunno if we get Overton, mind - because every school in the country is going to be on him before it's all said and done - but that comparison is spot-on.

Apr 28, 2015, 9:24 PM

Guys, we don't know if some of the recruits is reading what is posted on Tigernet. Lets try to be positive and not say or do anything that would offend any of them. Lets try to make everything we say and do represent Clemson in a way that would make these kids want to come to Clemson. I feel when our coaches are talking to these guys...they (coaches) knows more than I will ever learn about a player. This young man must be good considering the number of schools recruiting him. Hope he sees we care about our players. We welcome anyone that the coaches feels is a great player. Come on up to Clemson and be with some really great coaches and a great school. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Any recruits reading should remember that not everyone

Apr 29, 2015, 4:35 PM

who posts here is necessarily a Clemson fan.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

> First I read an article that compares some receiver
> to Calvin Johnson, b/c he's 6-4 200 and not
> uncoordinated? Just because you're tall and
> coordinated doesn't mean you're Calvin Johnson, just
> like how just b/c you try to play like Mack Alexander
> doesn't mean you are as good as he is.

Well why don't you stay off the site dirtbag and go pump yourself full of dumb a$$ cause thats what you sound like.If you aint a Tiger stay away!!!!

Apr 28, 2015, 7:17 PM

I go to Clemson. I just think that sometimes this site puts out unreasonably positive things. And the kid wasn't Overton, someone else. My point is that this site reports some of the most absurdly biased and sunshine pumping crap sometimes. Some of yall lap it up and think everything is just perfect. Things are good with tiger football but they ain't perfect and not every kid we recruit is the next number one pick

Apr 28, 2015, 8:10 PM

This kid is big time if he commits to DB full time he's 5* talented. His teammate is probably going to be a top ranked safety. Archer kids can play.

Newsflash - we're on that level now

Apr 29, 2015, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

Have been for sometime. If that disappoints you then, well, don't come around here.

Why do you think this kid is not comparable to Alexander

Apr 29, 2015, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

seems pretty comparable to me. Both are 4 or 5 star players with many many offers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it does, in fact quozell was ridiculed a few years ago and almost chased

Apr 29, 2015, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

Off the board for his complementary spring and fall football player status reports.

I'd rather be positive than negative for sure.

I don't think the positive reporting is necessarily as bad as the people reading the reports. We put so much faith in these things that we consider them fact. We get over hyped and get unreal expectations. Then when a player or team dOesn't live up to the hype we blame the player or reporter for our misconceptions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 28, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

Go back to STS then

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dabo hurt one of their feelings over there and all of their

Apr 28, 2015, 4:41 PM

output reflects an opinionated product/service/jibber(?)

I don't want a reporters opinion, I want the story. I have my own opinion thank ye kindly

STS is incurable they say

I like the sunshine, ....

Apr 28, 2015, 5:35 PM [ in reply to This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

there always seems to be plenty of people who want it to rain on our parade.....

Yea, a kid with 20 offers before playing his jr year

Apr 28, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

cannot be legit. I mean only 7 of his offers came from schools that have won a BCS bowl in the last 5 years. He has 20 offers after his sophmore season and Mack had a whole 7 more than him as a senior.

On top of that, look at the size difference:

Mack Alexander:
5'11" 175

Jamyest Williams
5'11" 172

THAT IS A WHOLE 3 POUNDS difference!!! I mean, apples and oranges here, Hood!

I mean, you are a student and David Hood is nothing more than a guy that lives and breathes Clemson sports everyday, and has access to the coaches and players, so what the freak does he know, right? I trust you so much more... I mean, you are a student after all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let me tell ya...

Apr 28, 2015, 10:42 PM [ in reply to This site pumps so much sunshine it's insane ]

about a neat little trick. In the right hand upper corner, there is a red X. You should try it sometimes. It would make a world of difference for you and not having to read anything positive with sunshine ever again.

Go to the other Clemson sites where there is doom and gloom and lots of dark clouds to satisfy you. That sunshine is bad for you anyway. If you don't protect yourself from the sun it can have bad effects.They can be your sunscreen. They put out info without investigating it or just make up things to get hits on their sites.

It is real simple.

Apr 28, 2015, 4:35 PM

we could be in big trouble with FSU in here if he has a thing for cheap looking roll up garage doors in stadiums

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2015, 4:42 PM

This athlete sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. We are recruiting to compete for a Nat'l championship. These type of players can help Clemson achieve our goals. Keep the momentum going forward.

Uh, we don't have a reputation for turning out top corners

Apr 28, 2015, 6:56 PM

yet, hopefully that will change soon. We've had a few though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, we don't have a reputation for turning out top corners

Apr 28, 2015, 8:07 PM

You might want to look again.

Breeland, Butler, Maxwell and Sensabaugh

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Uh, we don't have a reputation for turning out top corners

Apr 28, 2015, 9:27 PM

Thank you...

Don't confuse him with facts.

Apr 29, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Uh, we don't have a reputation for turning out top corners ]

His mind's made up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic