Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do people type "NM" or "." in the message field?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Why do people type "NM" or "." in the message field?

May 30, 2016, 10:35 AM

I get that it means "No More." But, so does "***"
So, is this done in order to get people to click on an empty message, and see how many views one gets? I find it incredibly annoying. Am I alone on this? It's almost as annoying as seeing a car that has a "Clemson paw" not tilted correctly, or slow riders in the left lane, or people who don't use turn signals.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 TU. I agree with all the things that bug you! NM. :-)***

May 30, 2016, 10:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Near the top of the list for me...almost as annoying

May 30, 2016, 10:40 AM

as global child starvation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do people type "NM" or "." in the message field?

May 30, 2016, 10:44 AM

I think NM = no message

then what is "nfm"???***

May 30, 2016, 11:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: then what is "nfm"???***

May 30, 2016, 11:03 AM

Bout the same as FU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Since we're talking pet peeves, i hate tailgating

May 30, 2016, 10:45 AM

I get that you want to go faster than i am even
if i'm doing the limit or a little over, but why
constantly stay that close? Do you expect me to
speed up or pull over? Besides, if i have to brake
hard, it could get nasty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right about tailgating! Tailgaters are idiots.

May 30, 2016, 10:48 AM

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^ Left lane slow driver right here ^^^^^^^

May 30, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Since we're talking pet peeves, i hate tailgating ]

Goes the speed limit or a little over & feels entitled to the left lane.

One of the problems with the world today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Yes, we do expect you to either speed up or move over!!!***

May 30, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Since we're talking pet peeves, i hate tailgating ]

YES - MOVE OVER. SMH. SPEED UP & MOVE OVER.

May 30, 2016, 11:01 AM

Try what happens on the interstate on the autobahn and you quickly become a smoking pile of rubble in the median.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You can't be a real college football fan if you hate

May 30, 2016, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Since we're talking pet peeves, i hate tailgating ]

tailgating. What is wrong with you?

If you are on an interstate highway and you can easily move

May 30, 2016, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Since we're talking pet peeves, i hate tailgating ]

over into a lane to your right, you should always do so to let faster cars go by, EVEN IF you are doing the speed limit or a little over. Always, no exceptions. If you don't, you are being very discourteous and disrespectful to others, and are either ignorant or just a massive arsehole.

On a multi-lane road in a business or residential district, where you need to be in a particular lane to turn at some point soon, you should not be expected to get over and let faster cars go by, but you should be going at least the speed limit. If somebody rides your a$$ in that situation, then THEY are the massive arsehole.

It's all about common sense and common courtesy. YOU are not the only one on the road; we're all in it together, lets make it flow without extremes either way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This is a funny phrase...

May 30, 2016, 11:27 AM

"you should be going at least the speed limit"

I know what you mean, but it's true.

May 30, 2016, 11:43 AM

Technically speaking, any speed should be fine, up to the limit, which should be the absolute uppermost acceptable speed. It's a "limit". In reality, that is not the case, except when a patrolman needs to write a ticket. In reality, the speed limit is really more like a minimum, or a baseline. While some kind of upper speed limit is certainly needed on most roads, as long as people aren't going dangerously fast, the flow of traffic where everyone is going about the same speed is probably more important. If the speed limit is say, 45, and everybody is going 40-50, there is not much of a problem. The problem is when the speed limit is 45, and you have some people going 35 and some going 70. The closer people get to either extreme, the more likely they have physical/mental/emotional problems or they are just inconsiderate jerks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It means No Message. Because the way this forum was setup

May 30, 2016, 11:00 AM

you had to type something in the message portion for it to submit the post. Not sure if it's still like that. The TigerNet has a weird format as opposed to other forums/boards. It drives folks from other teams crazy to come over and read this site.

now it's just a requirement for new thread starting messages, not replies.*

May 30, 2016, 11:01 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

the board makes you enter a message from cell phone***

May 30, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to It means No Message. Because the way this forum was setup ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the board makes you enter a message from cell phone***

May 30, 2016, 11:02 AM

Or maybe not. Lol who knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It means No Message. Because the way this forum was setup

May 30, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to It means No Message. Because the way this forum was setup ]

Weird people on this site also.....but its my go to blog!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic