Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss

May 20, 2015, 1:47 PM

Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss

Clemson loaded the bases in each of the seventh and eighth innings and could muster just one run as Florida St. defeated the Tigers 3-1 in the ACC Tournament in Durham Wednesday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss

May 20, 2015, 2:04 PM

Rohlman's missed catch was not a hit for a triple, it was the error that cost Clemson the game ( if Rohlman catches the ball, Tigers win 1-0!!! ) Whoever the official scorer was--he was WRONG not to rule the miss an error. What a screw job for Crownover who pitched a shutout ( all 3 runs came as a result of not making the catch for the 3rd out ). Also, maybe Clemson would have scored in the 7th and 8th innings without the pressure of being behind in the game...Anyway, I hope that the Tigers can look good enough to squeak into a Regional--getting to the ACC Tournament final is virtually impossible once you lose a game--the old double elimination format was better and fairer.

No way is that an error. Should he have caught it?

May 20, 2015, 5:50 PM

Probably. But in order for an error to be charged the play must be relatively routine, and this wasn't routine at all. This is roughly the equivalent of an OF diving for a ball hit into the gap and it bouncing off his glove.

Panic buttin anyone?***

May 20, 2015, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss

May 20, 2015, 2:26 PM

Ball hit off the lower half of rohlman's glove but hey we had some chances later on and blew them.

Sweep in Tally was kiss of death. Hard to win 4 in a row***

May 20, 2015, 3:08 PM

Tight buttholes, man

May 20, 2015, 3:08 PM

tight buttholes.

Agree.

May 20, 2015, 3:43 PM

With nothing to lose in Tally, the Tigers play great. With the ACC championship and a possible NCAA berth on the line, it's choke city. Don't know if this is Leggett's fault, but I remember those two CWS sweeps by the Coots.

We too tight!*****

May 20, 2015, 3:48 PM

Re: Tight buttholes, man

May 20, 2015, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Tight buttholes, man ]

smfh, this may be the loosest bunch of leggetts tenure. maybe to relaxed. for the life of me i cant figure out why the other teams pitcher and players cant be complimented. i guess fsu buttholes were tight last weekend. they scored 2 runs in 26 innings for gods sake. some of you truly boggle the mind

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do I keep reading this headline or similar every year?***

May 20, 2015, 3:09 PM

Re: Why do I keep reading this headline or similar every year?***

May 20, 2015, 4:39 PM

cutigers; Ever consider that these headlines you speak about JUST MIGHT BE TRUE? If Leggett coaches anything like he appears with his body language and general demeanor, no wonder they always seem tight. Some wacko on here said that in the first 5 innings they were not basically taking the first two pitches which is exactly what they were doing. Why? and why did Leggett not tell them in a quick get together to start swinging if the ball is over on the first or second pitch.

apparently there are many on here who are clueless about what happens when an athlete does not play "freely". You don't appear to be one of those but it is fairly obvious to these old eyes that we don't have the talent we use to have, the players seem intimidated and tight, and the on field coaching is suspect at best. The FSY 3rd baseman played back all day. Can't any of the Tigers bunt to see if FSU might just throw it around like they did in the top of the 7th.
Unfortunately on this site when you question a coaching move the smucks here think the coaches are always correct and the fact is they are NOT--even Jack. how the he...did this guy win 1000 games? Complete mystery to me based on what I've seen in recent years.

Can't disagree***

May 21, 2015, 9:57 AM

May 20, 2015, 5:59 PM

Same story...different year.

May 20, 2015, 4:21 PM

null

May 20, 2015, 4:27 PM

I mean, we knew this would happen, right? Hate to say it, but they pulled a Clemson, choke when it matters most.

May 20, 2015, 4:29 PM

"Pulled a Clemson"

Go screw yourself

null

May 20, 2015, 4:43 PM

Please. They've been sub-par all season. Don't be so butt hurt, it's the truth.

May 20, 2015, 4:44 PM

Tigers baseball and basketball teams continue their superb play in ACC tournaments.

May 20, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss ]

Im far from a Coach Leggett fan so take that elsewhere. Your "pulled a Clemson" remark is what I have a problem with.

null

May 20, 2015, 6:38 PM

Struck a nerve, eh?!

Moving on.

If you're going to use the term, at least use it correctly..

May 20, 2015, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss ]

Sub-par teams, by very definition, can't pull a Clemson...Pulling a Clemson involves highly ranked teams choking against lesser(typically unranked) teams...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey ImaCoot, shouldn't you be pumping gas or flipping burger now?***

May 20, 2015, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Missed opportunities haunt Tigers in ACC tourney loss ]

Why not make Reed available to the media after the game?***

May 20, 2015, 4:39 PM

May 20, 2015, 4:52 PM

I seem to remember after last year Rado wanted Leggett to do some things different this season - I guess it didn't work.

May 20, 2015, 5:10 PM

The FSU pitchers were no better than CU's. They just caught a break when Rohlman couldn't make the 3rd inning catch. FSU had fewer hits and more errors than CU. Why compliment them for being lucky--it's not like they dominated us...And our players ( as expected ) were not A-holes like fatso Stuart who tried to pull a Cam Newton Superman stunt. The umps should have thrown his ### out for that crap. The umps clearly have strikes, but no balls when it comes to controlling player actions! Roll that Swoffie ACC Sportsmanship B.S. video again so that we can all have a good laugh...

We always suck in the ACCT... even when we have good

May 20, 2015, 5:51 PM

teams.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic