Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting point about starting DJU over TL in ACCCG.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Interesting point about starting DJU over TL in ACCCG.

Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

If Dabo, indeed, decides to go with the proven commodity in DJU against ND's defense, since DJ is aware how to properly attack them, I think that our playoff ranking will be #1 with a win. That would be super impressive to the playoff committee experts to have our backup QB beat the #2 team in the land.

If TL starts against ND, then I don't think we can achieve that #1 ranking because all the experts will just say, "well duh Clemson for sure will beat ND with Trevor."

As an added bonus, if we LOST to ND with Trevor, then our playoff hopes are likely ruined. But if we had ANOTHER close loss to ND with our backup QB, then I think for sure we will be a lock for the #4 spot in the playoff because the committee knows that we are one of the 4 best teams with TL16 as starter.

AND... ND will be the #1 seed. Clemson will be the #4 seed. So we get to play ND again in the playoff. This time, we will start Trevor, and destroy them on our way to another natty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I obviously agree here, except with

Dec 2, 2020, 2:30 PM

Skalski, Davis and Jones back there's no way we can lose to them again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sure, but a loss to ND would give us the best playoff path.

Dec 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

We would play ND for the 3rd time, which would be an easy win - like you mentioned.

While Bama and Ohio St battle it out in a very physical football team and beat each other up. They'll be really tired when they get to us.

We get that same playoff path by opting out of the ACCCG

Dec 2, 2020, 2:35 PM

at the last minute, sending ND and Clemson to the playoffs as 2 and 3 seeds respectively, Bama stays at 1 and the fighting nut necklaces would be 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Why did I forget opting out of the ACCCG?

Dec 2, 2020, 3:48 PM

There's really no reason to play that game.

They're not gonna drop Clemson 2 spots due to Covid concerns because that would be extremely politically incorrect.

Re: I obviously agree here, except with

Dec 2, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I obviously agree here, except with ]

GWP,

Agreed. Also no way TL does not start. Dance with who brung you.

I don't agree and think it would never happen

Dec 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

The Clemson team that ND faces in the ACCCG will be a completely different team than who they faced before. With TL in, the offense will present a completely different set of plays.

We face the exact same ND team and know better how to handle them this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Agree, we would not have lost that game with TL

Dec 2, 2020, 2:57 PM

Travis would not lose a fumble, and TL would not have allowed the time left in regulation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting point about starting DJU over TL in ACCCG.

Dec 2, 2020, 2:36 PM

Nope. A 2 loss team is not going to the playoff from any conference other than the SEC when it finally happens.

The whole reason ND's defense had success against us was because DJ was limited in the run game. Limited from not having enough experience in the offense and he was hobbled in the game so the coaches did not run him as often.

We handed ND a TD and gave them a short field on another fumble. We gave a good team easy points. Injuries made it hard on the Tigers to win the game but we should have still won the game.

That being said, with a healthy team that is focused 100% from having lost to ND already, I see the Tigers by at least 14 points and TL back in the Heisman conversation.

We did NOT hand them a TD. The ND player was tackled

Dec 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

short of the goal line. The REFS handed them a TD.

Not a realistic view

Dec 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

No coach on Earth would start their backup quarterback in a championship game if QB1 is available and healthy. Mute point after that....

That said, they may rotate him in an out for certain situations... but I doubt even that would happen.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I think you mean "moot" point

Dec 2, 2020, 2:43 PM

I'm sure you will edit this to change your post while unchecking the box that says you edited it, again...as you did yesterday changing objective to subjective.

HAHAH.. no, that was my mistake (thanks for catching it)***

Dec 2, 2020, 3:48 PM

Moot Point - not mute point

Dec 2, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Not a realistic view ]

Sorry but this drives me crazy.

drives me nuts too... thanks for catching it.***

Dec 2, 2020, 3:49 PM

Just mute the Moot Point please***

Dec 2, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Moot Point - not mute point ]

Dec 2, 2020, 2:49 PM

Unless Alabama gets beat I'm the SEC Championship, there is no way Clemson will jump them by beat a Notre Dame team that we already lost to, even with out backups.

Clemson will get a shot at doing something azimg through. They could beat #2 ND in the ACC Championship. That would put Clemson at #2 and they will face #3 (Ohio St perhaps?) in the Rose bowl. Beat #3 and then the chances are that #2 Clemson will play and beat #1 Alabama for the National title. Clemsom would have back to back to back wins over the top 3 teams. Not sure of that's ever been done. Would-be pawsome for sure. Then we know Georgia is the first game next year and what are the chances that they are inside the preseason top 4? Highly likely that Clemson could play and beat 4 top 5 teams 4 games in a row. That would.be....unheard of. Clemson can roll those dominoes if they set up that way.

You are over-thinking this one.***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 3:03 PM

Personally, I'd be worried about TL transferring out like Bryant did.

TL is a better QB and how embarrassing would it be if he went to Ohio St or USC?

I think it makes more sense to start him but have a quick hook.

Otherwise, maybe a position change?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I still remember when Tajh Boyd announced he

Dec 2, 2020, 3:05 PM

was going to transfer to Maryland. That one hurt, and I'd hate to go through that again with Trevor.

You are almost as salient as blue_caddy used to be

Dec 2, 2020, 3:11 PM

Hats off to you my good man.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You start your best player ... PERIOD!

Dec 2, 2020, 3:22 PM

Down the stretch, Earl Morral led the 1972 Dolphins to the Super Bowl after Bob Greise was injured.

Shula started Greise in the Super Bowl because he was by far the better player.

Dabo will start TL for the same reason.

So you think Kelly Bryant was a better player

Dec 2, 2020, 3:23 PM

in the early part of the 2018 season?

No, did you? I said you start your best player. Period.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:21 PM

Only you brought up Kelly Bryant.

Why would you do that?

Why would WHO do WHAT?

Dec 2, 2020, 6:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

LOL

Dec 2, 2020, 7:13 PM

If you two would spend half as much time trying to sound intelligent as you spend trying to be clever you’d be an inspiration to to everyone.

Dec 2, 2020, 3:28 PM

"I think that our playoff ranking will be #1 with a win"

Alabama with win over Florida in SEC champ would stay ahead of us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chance nothing!

Dec 2, 2020, 3:29 PM

Lose either of the next two games and we’re out of the CFB Playoffs.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you’re #1 seed or #4! You just want to be in the top 4 and not make stupid decisions trying to finesse with something that’s out of your control anyway! Just win!

Go Tigers!

Chance nothing!

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you’re #1 seed or #4! You just want to be in the top 4 and not make stupid decisions trying to finesse with something that’s out of your control anyway! Just win!

Go Tigers!

Chance nothing!

Go Tigers!

Clearly you guys have not thought this one through.

Dec 2, 2020, 3:31 PM

Fake COVID would be the only way TL16 could sit out without everyone getting suspicious, but we can't have TL16 out with fake COVID, since he already COVIDed (I think).

This gets complicated in a hurry.

Maybe we should contact FSU for suggestions, since they know all about the COVIDs.

That's not a very interesting point actually...***

Dec 2, 2020, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 5:39 PM

Some of you posters need a job.Too much time to come up with useless conspiracy scenarios.

Dec 2, 2020, 6:16 PM

Are you freeking crazy! They should have never legalized pot where you are!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic