Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why so much rap music during half times and stuff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Why so much rap music during half times and stuff?

Apr 13, 2015, 11:06 PM

Geeez. Can't we be a little more neutral or whatever?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why so much rap music during half times and stuff?

Apr 13, 2015, 11:13 PM

And yes I mean sports in general, not Clemson .

Do you honestly think

Apr 15, 2015, 1:39 AM

That 18-22 year olds on the field and in the stands (student section) want to get amped for the game by listening to Nirvana?

Because people like it?

Apr 13, 2015, 11:17 PM

I mean, it can't be all white people music all the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because people like it?

Apr 13, 2015, 11:33 PM

When has white people as you call them, ever branded music by color. The white part of me wants to know. The American Indian part of me really don't give a chit what they listen to. The Indian part of me would rather play Indian war dance music at a FB game bc we are at war with our opponents. After the war is over, we should just sit around a few hours and smoke a peace Pipe and get everybody back into a peaceful mood;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rap music is mostly bought by white people***

Apr 13, 2015, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Because people like it? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rap music is mostly bought by white people***

Apr 14, 2015, 10:03 AM

Nobody pays for music anymore, especially rap.

Contemporary country and rap are similar

Apr 14, 2015, 8:01 PM

In that they are heavily studio produced and usually suck live. The 2 worst live acts I've seen were George Strait and Snoop Dog, for different reasons. With Strait it was just boring...might as well just sit at home and listen his CD. With Snoop it was just complete chaos with like 20 dudes running around on stage shouting into their mics while a pre-recorded soundtrack played. It was a concert with actually no music being played.

Re: Contemporary country and rap are similar

Apr 14, 2015, 11:57 PM

The prices George and Snoop get for the tickets to their sold out shows seem to suggest that enough people do not agree with you to prevent them from making their millions. George makes more money in one night than most people make their entire life.

Re: Rap music is mostly bought by white people***

Apr 14, 2015, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Rap music is mostly bought by white people*** ]

People still buy music?

null

Apparently, white people do...mostly...

Apr 14, 2015, 11:52 PM

;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because people like it?

Apr 14, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Because people like it? ]

Rap is for idiots- not races.

Agree --- Rap is too quaint --- Iron Butterfly would work***

Apr 13, 2015, 11:35 PM

Cause that's what young people listen too...

Apr 13, 2015, 11:40 PM

They do play country, also. So it shouldn't be a shocker that two of the more popular genres of American music over the past 15 years get played at games.

Why can't we just have Cotton Eyed Joe on loop all game?

Apr 13, 2015, 11:47 PM

That would be way better.

And since the new county music is full up of rap and

Apr 14, 2015, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Cause that's what young people listen too... ]

EDM, it is all basically the same.

While I don't like rap or hiphop, so long as the vulgar stuff isn't being played, I can live with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Garth Brooks ruined country.

Apr 14, 2015, 9:17 AM

Once the headset was put on, the over the top specials, the long looks into the crowd with tears in his eyes, etc....it started something bad. Something very, very bad....

In a lot of ways, Garth is country music's

Apr 14, 2015, 9:34 AM

Michael Jordan. But I don't blame him for all of the bad. Keep in mind George Strait was able to keep on keeping on with the Garth hiatus. Country music suffers from the same thing all music does. Nobody buys the music anymore so they have to create people the teenage girls like. The older women also start to like it since they want to grasp at being young.

Luckily, a guy like Sturgill Simpson has come along that strikes a chord with several different groups. He now has a big record deal, if they don't mess with him, we may get quality back on the radio. From what I have read in interviews, if they do mess with him he'd walk away.

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't forget the video about the Special

Apr 14, 2015, 10:03 AM

Olympics kid that falls down and then finishes the race. Oy vey.

One of the most accurate posts in Tnet history

Apr 14, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Garth Brooks ruined country. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I listen to everything...EXCEPT

Apr 14, 2015, 12:13 AM

pop country...give me the Brooks and Dunn, the Alan Jacksons, the Travis Tritt any day....but all this country mixed with rap, talking about trucks and crap sucks...

Those three are a lot of pop country, go on back to

Apr 14, 2015, 12:28 AM

Merle Haggard and George Jones for some real country. Our own Marshall Tucker Band was way more country than most of today's so-called country. Now, there is some real country still out there, just not being playing on the so-called country stations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, gettin old for my tastes...Born in the 80's...

Apr 14, 2015, 12:42 AM

The 90's will always be my decade...

Re: Lol, gettin old for my tastes...Born in the 80's...

Apr 14, 2015, 5:30 AM

Then you are into pop country... ??

That pop country was just a lot better than this pop

Apr 14, 2015, 9:01 AM

country. Even the hokey stuff like Little Texas.

I'll settle for this...today's country is excruciating...***

Apr 14, 2015, 4:06 PM

Re: Lol, gettin old for my tastes...Born in the 80's...

Apr 14, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Lol, gettin old for my tastes...Born in the 80's... ]

Born in 52, and the old rock & roll is all I'll listen to. And ZZ top, Queen, Bob Seger, Rolling Stone, Pink Floyd and the Steve Miller band are some of my favorite....

Re: Those three are a lot of pop country, go on back to

Apr 14, 2015, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Those three are a lot of pop country, go on back to ]

Sturgill Simpson. Great stuff

Re: Those three are a lot of pop country, go on back to

Apr 14, 2015, 12:53 AM

Skynard

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree... Southern rock! Or 60s and non disco 70s***

Apr 14, 2015, 5:31 AM

Re: i agree... Southern rock! Or 60s and non disco 70s***

Apr 14, 2015, 9:34 AM

Blackberry Smoke, go listen, than me later.

Re: i agree... Southern rock! Or 60s and non disco 70s***

Apr 14, 2015, 9:42 AM

Im a huge Alt-country fan . That is where country is still cool and still makes sense .
Try a listen to Uncle Tupelo and SonVolt. The Drive By Truckers and Lucero . Robert Earle Keene and Blue Mountain are some very talented musicians and all still play for the music ...not the scene . Well not Uncle Tupelo , but they were there at the beginning of this musical revolt.
#keithurbanmustdie

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ray Wylie Hubbard, Hayes Carll.***

Apr 14, 2015, 9:55 AM

Basically the Outlaw Channel or Willie's

Apr 14, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: i agree... Southern rock! Or 60s and non disco 70s*** ]

Roadhouse on Sirius and you will be fine. I have no idea if any terrestrial radio provides that kind of music. I assume it is all Miranda Lambert crap.

Re: Basically the Outlaw Channel or Willie's

Apr 14, 2015, 10:21 AM
image.jpg(73.8 K)

Could play Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" like UGA band.

Apr 14, 2015, 12:59 AM

At least that's what it sounds like they are trying to do with that repetitive fight song they play.

Apr 14, 2015, 5:39 AM

I agree you can't spell crap without rap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2015, 7:31 AM

I can't believe you left out a little Lawrence Welk - maybe a good polka sound????

Youngun's are scratching their collective heads right now asking "What the heck is Lawrence Welk?".

Anyway - NOBODY should be forced to listen to rap music. It don't get better than a little Iron Butterfly and "In a gadda da vida". You younguns and your lame music Even a little AC/DC is way better than most sounds. :)

Apr 14, 2015, 8:36 AM

I was fortunate enough to be in Tiger Band when we won The National Championship. We were relentless and played until the officials would warn us...

Tiger Band had spirit; we played our hearts out and we had fun. I miss the band playing; would rather hear dead air than that rap music nonsense.

One of my favorite memories was when a bunch of us worked our way up to the top of the hotel in Maryland and played Tiger Rag on the roof after midnight!

Only one set of quads, 4 or 5 snares and 4 bass drums with 2 cymbal players, but we rocked it out! Tiger Band could get the crowd going with the "UGH" cheer, and a ton of other "Go Tigers" drum cadences.

Miss that at the games now - too structured and stiff...

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Apr 14, 2015, 8:54 AM

I was there as a student at that time too and you are absolutely correct. The Tiger Band rocked! We need to get that spunk back!

Apr 14, 2015, 8:58 AM

The dirtpeckers have a rooster hen on a playback loop. Would you rather listen to a chicken sqwawk ? The music at any sporting event is just fluff and meaningless to me...I'm there for the game.

DB23

Get off my lawn

Apr 14, 2015, 9:10 AM

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words: Engelbert Humperdinck

Apr 14, 2015, 9:14 AM

At the conclusion of any sporting event in which we are the victors, "After the Lovin'" should reign over the speakers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eyes of the World jam that lasts the entire game

Apr 14, 2015, 9:14 AM

A few of you may get that reference....:)

The music is for hype

Apr 14, 2015, 9:58 AM

Don't get me wrong. I like to listen to some ole Conway, Merle, and George Jones too. I just listen to that stuff while I'm riding down the dirt road sipping on some cold ones. There is a time and a place for everything. Rap music makes people want to get up out their seat and shake a leg. Its to pump up the crowd. Rap, Metal, and Rock gets people fired up like none other. If you want a bunch of crying in the stands play Country otherwise leave the music alone. Cue the White Stripes

i mean , what about the super bowl?

Apr 14, 2015, 11:26 AM

Most of that wasn't even good IMO. Not all rap but terrible.

There are tons of music I'd rather hear than rap. I hope it fades away. It's awful music and requires far less musical talent than some other music. It's just noise.

a little wolf alice would be better.***

Apr 14, 2015, 7:38 PM

Re: a little wolf alice would be better.***

Apr 14, 2015, 7:43 PM

Wolf Alice is very good .

DB23

Tryin to get these kids hyped up

Apr 14, 2015, 8:07 PM

I'm not a huge rap fan but I brand it a necessity at our home games. I wish they would go a little harder core with it

Give me some Culture Club, Duran Duran, and the Go-Gos

Apr 14, 2015, 8:39 PM

and I'm set!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm waiting on Doug E Fresh or maybe some Fat Boys. Let's

Apr 14, 2015, 9:29 PM

kick it old school.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plain and simple

Apr 15, 2015, 12:23 AM

youth of today are musicalfuckheads.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

America is on verge of going South..and music played or liked

Apr 15, 2015, 12:34 AM

Can signal just how close the population is already South ..by their like or dislike of certain forms & types of entertainment.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol nailed it^^^***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Plain and simple ]

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Because the players and student sections like it.***

Apr 15, 2015, 1:33 AM

AC/DC always works for me :)***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:28 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Why don't you whippersnappers want to listen to MY music?

Apr 15, 2015, 9:39 PM

Your music is just noise! ..Said every old fogie everywhere, ever, whether they were talking about rap, rock 'n roll, jazz, punk rock, disco, etc, etc.. same sh*t, different generation. So, so predictable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic