Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't we get a Pass Rush with our Front 4?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,544

Why can't we get a Pass Rush with our Front 4?

Nov 9, 2017, 2:48 PM

Seemed like we had no pressure from our Front 4 in the Nc State game. I've noticed this as a problem in other games this year. our D-Line is supposed to be stacked with NFL talent, why do you all think we aren't getting as many sacks this year as we have in years past?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't we get a Pass Rush with our Front 4?

Nov 9, 2017, 2:51 PM

Well, if you watched the game, you probably saw many times 5-6 blocking our 4 DL, and then having their quarterback in rhythm of 3 step drop and fire before he could even get there might have had something to do with it. I guess being 8-1 this year and ranked #4 is just not quite enough for some people. How dare Clemson lose a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 2:53 PM

Senior Oline...we also had a lot of three man fronts...and BTW, we are among the best in sacks

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 2:59 PM

I think one time, we even had a 2 man rush, and they still completed the pass. It's not all cut and dry. The leaky FSU OL should remedy your pass rushing concerns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are also a lot of holds that are never called.

Nov 9, 2017, 2:58 PM
holding.PNG(79.1 K)

A LOT OF HOLDS. And Im not talking about we got out a little and the arm may have extended and possibly called.

Im talking about our guy flat out beats the lineman... is around him and is literally being held from behind. Like the attached form Lewisville. But I saw two worse than this that I can recall right off the top of my head against NC state.

I will rewatch the NC state game and post the time of

Nov 9, 2017, 3:00 PM

when horrible no calls happened.

^^^^this

Nov 9, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to There are also a lot of holds that are never called. ]

They held on like a dog with a bone

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Boy, you got that right.***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:28 PM [ in reply to There are also a lot of holds that are never called. ]

GT and NCST tackled our guys at times - I guess

Nov 9, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to There are also a lot of holds that are never called. ]

the refs didn't throw flags because it was so flagrant that it was beyond holding.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#2 in sacks, #6 in Tackles for Loss. U mean that front 4?

Nov 9, 2017, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd is first loser***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take second any day of the week. Keep sacking TIGER

Nov 9, 2017, 7:53 PM

defense!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 3:25 PM

Sure you watchin Clemson games bud? As of last week we led the nation in sacks. Nc State has a quick passing game. That’s why they hadn’t given up a sack in acc play until last week

NC State has given up 2 sacks all year

Nov 9, 2017, 3:45 PM

Clemson had 1 of those. They have a solid OLine with quicker passes. We should expect to have many more pressures and sacks this week against FSwho

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was frustrating to watch.***

Nov 9, 2017, 4:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 4:04 PM

YOU MEAN THE UNIT THAT IS VERY HIGH IN NATIONAL STATS OF SACKS AND TACKLES FOR LOSS. THAT UNIT. SMFH AT SOME OF THE DRIVEL I READ IN HEAR.

We played a lot of off-coverage and conceded quick throws.

Nov 9, 2017, 4:26 PM

I think that took away from out ability to rush him.

Those dudes have logged a ton of snaps this season

Nov 9, 2017, 4:32 PM

fatigue is definitely a real thing. If we can get to the end of the season with no significant injuries and have taken care of business to get in the playoff. Then when playoff time hits they'll have gotten their wind back and will be fast as we've seen them. Just gotta get there.

But NCSU had a pretty good o-line. they were all seniors and juniors plus they block a ton with TE's and RB's.

Nov 9, 2017, 8:25 PM

I didn't read all of the comments. So I am sorry if this has already been said. But that's kind of a tough question to answer. Even though the front 4 isn't getting numbers it doesn't mean there is no pass rush. A ton goes into it. Everything from scheme to coverage. Look at the Raiders. Really good front 4 with an absolute monster in Khalil Mack. But if there is no coverage the QB get A the ball out fast. Our secondary is on crutches and IVs at the moment so that may be part of it. Also. It could be scheme as well. When only rushing 4 they have to engage, observe then react (well not in obvious pass situations) that gives a QB about 3 extra seconds. Amd thats a big head start for a QB. But our defense is really good at getting to the QB. NC State was not a normal situation. Good o line and a lot of injuries on our D.

Message was edited by: bigslick45

Message was edited by: bigslick45

Nov 9, 2017, 8:30 PM

Because the defensive backfield isn't playing well. If a QB playing against us has to wait a extra second or two for someone to come open he is toast.

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic