Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't Tiger fans fill up The Well?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,273

Why can't Tiger fans fill up The Well?

Jan 14, 2016, 8:58 PM

A great game and a good crowd last night. I hate it when the opposing team has so many fans at our arena. It is a shame that Greenville has so many Clemson fans but a lot of them are staying home instead of supporting a good basketball team. How about coming to the game on Saturday!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. It's pathetic.

Jan 14, 2016, 9:10 PM

I will warn you that many here will tell you that Clemson has great basketball fans. They will give examples of sellouts, students camping out for tickets, and someone ranking Littlejohn as a tough place to play. When you ask them why attendance has been so poor lately, they will blame Brownell and the players for playing uninspiring and boring basketball.

Basically, they think that the entire responsibility is on the team, and that they will show up once we are winning. That doesn't sound like strong fan support to me. That sounds like fans of any school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why can't Tiger fans fill up The Well?

Jan 14, 2016, 9:25 PM

Weeknight games will always be like that. As for the large number of Duke fans, they do that everywhere it's like they come out of the woodwork! Saturday crowd should be good, it is on a weekend at 2pm, a perfect time and I expect the bi-lo center to be rocking for Miami!

Yes, I will always call it the bi-lo center ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause Clemson is a football school?***

Jan 14, 2016, 10:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cause Clemson is a football school?***

Jan 14, 2016, 10:08 PM

Then stay on the football board.

Thought we had a good number of Clemson fans for the Duke game. Hopefully that's not just a one-time thing.

Unfortunately, as is true with most activities, people have

Jan 15, 2016, 5:07 AM

a tendency to physically support success.

That's why great motivational speakers, politicians, evangelists, etc. will draw large crowds. Collegiate athletics are no different, for students and fans nationwide will show for highly-rated opponents or successful runs of their own programs.

Thousands of good Clemson folks boarded planes or drove first to Miami, then to Phoenix, the numbers of which were stunning. They filled DV every home game, and as the season progressed, it was difficult to obtain tickets. That's because we were winning...defeating programs like Notre Dame and Florida State, then Oklahoma.

Let Coach Brownell and company rack up a few more significant wins and watch the Well. No doubt the fans will appear in droves...and the Well will wapidly waken to wild wevelwy. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry...

Jan 15, 2016, 9:48 AM

they'll fill up the new shrunken coliseum when it's built. Great strategy there: build it smaller so we can fill it up. What a way to improve the program, by creating an "illusion".

Re: Why can't Tiger fans fill up The Well?

Jan 15, 2016, 10:41 AM

No idea really... I have enjoyed going to the games this year in Greenville and being closer to home i can go to the week night games as easy as the weekend games so that's a definite plus. Unfortunately, I am sure it is tougher on the students attending the games in Greenville which is what it is really all about anyway, or at least it should be... Maybe they should offer free busing in for the students to the game if they don't already.

Yea, we have the 102nd best college basketball team in

Jan 15, 2016, 10:54 AM

the country. It's unbelievable that more people don't want to watch that high quality product that Brownlee is throwing out there. Come on, guys!

Re: Yea, we have the 102nd best college basketball team in

Jan 15, 2016, 9:35 PM

So Oregon is the 6th best team in the country? Great logic there.

Re: Yea, we have the 102nd best college basketball team in

Jan 15, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Yea, we have the 102nd best college basketball team in ]

> the country. It's unbelievable that more people
> don't want to watch that high quality product that
> Brownlee is throwing out there. Come on, guys!

Most pathetic fan that has ever existed.

most recovering from AZ trip***

Jan 15, 2016, 10:55 AM

Re: most recovering from AZ trip***

Jan 15, 2016, 8:05 PM

Bank account recovery period...Go Tigers!

Fans fill arenas for a winner, that's just the nature of it.

Jan 15, 2016, 10:58 AM

When Death Valley held under 50,000 and we had poor teams in the late 60s and early 70s, for most home games not featuring South Carolina or Georgia, frequently the stands would be empty from the 20 yard line out on both sides of the field.

While the old 3K capacity Fike Field House was always jammed for games, once we moved over to Littlejohn and the teams proved un-competitive, the 10,000 new seats were less than 50% full for even the games against North Carolina and Duke.

Frankly, fans turn out in large numbers for a winner. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is understandable, except all I see on here is how

Jan 15, 2016, 7:52 PM

Clemson basketball fans are great and support the team. Clemson basketball fans are no better than any other school's average basketball fans: they go when the team wins, and generally don't go when the team loses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Because we have been awful for years.

Jan 15, 2016, 11:07 AM

People would be there had we been good for years and had an exciting product. I still don't thin people believe in this team, nor do they even know that the team has been playing better. People gave up on Clemson basketball. It's going to take more for people to buy back in. That's my opinion.

Re: Because we have been awful for years.

Jan 15, 2016, 11:32 AM

No need to worry. We're not awful anymore. The bandwagon riders will catch on soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,273
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic