Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are ya'll caring so much about going to another BCS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why are ya'll caring so much about going to another BCS

Dec 1, 2012, 11:00 AM

bowl. I will gladly take the Chic-fila bowl if we get it. Be realistic, we don't deserve a BCS bowl game. We stunk it up when it mattered, again on National TV. Going to a BCS game will not make me feel any better about the team. If we would have beat SCAR than yes, I would deff be on the BCS bowl train, but both teams that we faced that didn't need life support to make to next yr, we lost to. Plain and simple. We don't deserve it.

I would rather take another bowl game, win it.... then take our top 10 ranking into the UGA game and show them who's boss after having time to repair this defense.

That's just my rant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty much in the "don't care what bowl we go to" camp

Dec 1, 2012, 11:06 AM

Just want to win and start to regain a little bit of positive momentum heading into next season.

Honestly, if our resume was put in front of us, and we weren't Clemson fans, I doubt most folks here would think we were "deserving" of a BCS bowl bid. But, deserving really doesn't enter into it. Get yourself eligible by rule and hope for the best I suppose.

Either way, I don't much care. I want to win whatever game we go to against whatever opponent we are offered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am with you 100 percent.***

Dec 1, 2012, 11:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well UGA hasn't done much this season either but

Dec 1, 2012, 11:29 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty much in the "don't care what bowl we go to" camp ]

They are on track to play for the MNC. Heck they are 1-1 against FBS teams with a winning record yet I don't hear much about how they don't deserve to be there.

This business about deserving to play or not is hogwash. If a team is selected then someone thinks they deserve to be there. If people don't want the best for the Tigers then I wonder why they choose to support the Tigers at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said in my post

Dec 1, 2012, 11:33 AM

"Deserve" really isn't the issue or point in the real world, because that is a subjective measurement.

And I'd argue that what I want is definitively the best thing for Clemson. No matter what bowl we go to, win the dang game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the thought of winning a BCS bowl more than

Dec 1, 2012, 11:09 AM

Winning the chickfila bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

And I am aware we could lose both as well.***

Dec 1, 2012, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

So do recruits.***

Dec 1, 2012, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I like the thought of winning a BCS bowl more than ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are ya'll caring so much about going to another BCS

Dec 1, 2012, 11:11 AM

BCS bowl looks far better to recruits. Also I believe Clemson is more deserving than NIU or Kent State ever would have been.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:13 AM

Yep. Of course that bar was set pretty low there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2012, 11:16 AM

True but I mean it's not like Clemson doesn't deserve the look at all. If you guys are in the top 14 after today I see no reason why Clemson is undeserving.

BCS bowls reward the players.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:13 AM

No, we're probably not too deserving of the Sugar Bowl. But neither was VT last year.

The players DO look forward to the bowl games and the goodies that come with them.

Our guys have already played at the Georgia Dome once this year. Which would they enjoy better, a trip to NO or a return to the ATL? Heck, they don't even get to hop on a plane for the trip to Atlanta.

I am hoping we get an invite to the Sugar Bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BCS = Millions for Clemson athletics

Dec 1, 2012, 11:22 AM

Why do you think the SEC is where they are? It's because every year they have two teams in the BCS and the schools in the conference benefit financially from it. Recruits see it and it matters. The bottom tier schools are able to upgrade facilities from the money given out by the BCS and that helps in their recruiting. Recruits love top notch facilities. The ACC can't even begin to catch up recruiting wise until OUR conference regularly is represented by multiple teams in the BCS. Why do you think we lose recruits to SEC schools? It's because they want the chance to play in those big time bowl games.

Not true. A conferences second team only get 6.5 mil

Dec 1, 2012, 12:53 PM

Not the 17 mil that the AQ team gets.

Are you saying the Chick will pay better than Sugar

Dec 1, 2012, 12:57 PM

For Clemson?

No, but it's not a huge difference

Dec 1, 2012, 2:24 PM

especially when it all goes to the conference anyway and is then divided among all teams.

All the money goes to the ACC

Dec 1, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to BCS = Millions for Clemson athletics ]

Then is split evenly between all the members schools

I'm amazed when people say THEIR team does not deserve

Dec 1, 2012, 11:32 AM

something that they are asked to go to.

We are not automatic for a BCS game. If we are invited to play, we most certainly deserve it because we were invited!

I sometimes think others think more of our football program than our own stinking fans do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's simple

Dec 1, 2012, 11:37 AM

"Deserve" is a subjective measurement. And it's a measurement where my opinion doesn't matter. The only opinion(s) which matter are those that make the decision after we are deemed eligible for consideration.

I still believe that were we honest and looked at our resume without our name attached and then asked our opinion we wouldn't think our resume as something definitively deserving of a BCS bowl.

But I also think that doesn't matter because we don't make the decision.

In the end, no matter where we go or who we play, just win the dang game. That is really all I care about at this point.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:39 AM

Teams are always getting into bowls they may not deserve. I would much rather play Florida in a BCS bowl than lsu in the chick-fil-a bowl. Dabo keeps saying he wants to play with the big boys..If thats true then he needs to start beating the big boys on a big stage.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:43 AM

Chick-fil-a Bowl = dollars and exposure

Sugar Bowl = #millionsofdollars #moneymakingscholars and MAJOR exposure

Doesn't sound like OP is planning to ATTEND THE BOWL!

Dec 1, 2012, 11:56 AM

Take a poll of us who actually WILL GO TO whatever bowl we get & you would get an overwhelming majority who WANT THE SUGAR!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Competition wise, there's not much difference

Dec 1, 2012, 2:32 PM

between the opponents. Probably either Fla in the Sugar or LSU in the Chic. There's really very little difference in the SEC's top 6 teams, Bama, Ga, Fla, LSU, SC & A&M.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic