Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are students sitting in TDT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,918

Why are students sitting in TDT?

Sep 2, 2018, 11:31 AM

I sat in TDT and had a student and her roommate sitting next to me. I asked why she was there instead of in the student section. She said it was due to the lottery system they have in place. She wasn’t able to get tickets in the student section for the Furman game. Also said that some students were able to get tickets for all home games while some only got tickets for three games. Said it was easier to buy as she did than to use the system they have in place for the students. There seemed to be a lot of young people in that section (also students?). My daughter, btw, is a sophomore and she wasn’t able to get tickets for the game either. She missed the window of opportunity they give the students. I wonder how many more students miss the games or wind up in different locations in the stadium because of this system

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, the good news about a “system” is you can learn it

Sep 2, 2018, 11:56 AM

if you want to and not miss your window of opportunity and not get tickets but not show for the game, etc.

Consider it an aptitude test for the students... ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She could've woken up at 5 and gotten a hill ticket like the

Sep 2, 2018, 12:01 PM

rest of us.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She could've woken up at 5 and gotten a hill ticket like the

Sep 2, 2018, 12:13 PM

Touché ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah the new student tix policy needs a little fine tuning

Sep 2, 2018, 1:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah the new student tix policy needs a little fine tuning

Sep 2, 2018, 1:59 PM

Yep many large schools use a point system in which points extra points are given for going to less attractive games or non revenue sports or staying the entire game. So students that want to go can.

Re: Yeah the new student tix policy needs a little fine tuning

Sep 2, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Yeah the new student tix policy needs a little fine tuning ]

Yep many large schools use a point system in which points extra points are given for going to less attractive games or non revenue sports or staying the entire game. So students that want to go can.

Re: Why are students sitting in TDT?

Sep 2, 2018, 3:21 PM

I sat in TDT and had a student and her roommate sitting next to me. I asked why she was there instead of in the student section. She said it was due to the lottery system they have in place. She wasn’t able to get tickets in the student section for the Furman game. Also said that some students were able to get tickets for all home games while some only got tickets for three games. Said it was easier to buy as she did than to use the system they have in place for the students. There seemed to be a lot of young people in that section (also students?). My daughter, btw, is a sophomore and she wasn’t able to get tickets for the game either. She missed the window of opportunity they give the students. I wonder how many more students miss the games or wind up in different locations in the stadium because of this system

Students could literally walk over and pick up a hill ticket on Saturday. Plenty were available...

Re: Why are students sitting in TDT?

Sep 2, 2018, 3:37 PM

Question. Did anyone notice if the student section was packed yesterday?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,918
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic