Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are people enamored with new technology except
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Why are people enamored with new technology except

Nov 8, 2019, 4:14 PM

when it comes to smokers?

Real men only use stick burners! Well hay real man did you chop down that tree with a hand napped flint axe and kill that meat with your bare hands?

Are you Tnetting via dial up?
Do you cut your lawn with a scythe?

The proof is in the eating - if it makes good food, who gives a schyatt what it was cooked on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

"Tastes the same to me" - love that commercial

Nov 8, 2019, 4:17 PM

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/o0tK/dr-pepper-fansville-tailgate-cheating

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you got married, were you attracted to your wife?

Nov 8, 2019, 4:19 PM

why? Why'd a big picture guy like you care? You can still procreate and settle down with a woman you find ugly...why'd you get wrapped up in the details?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jokes on you - procreation was never in the picture

Nov 8, 2019, 4:32 PM

End goal was a happy life by any means necessary and I was successful

If the end goal is good bbq, any means still holds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Don't matter to me.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to When you got married, were you attracted to your wife? ]

I've learned they all turn out to be toothless old hags sooner or later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

something about

Nov 8, 2019, 4:38 PM

walking outside as the sun's going down, sparking up my one hitter, cleaning out the fire box of last week's ashes, getting the new fire going, splitting the peach or pecan logs (b/c GA, depending on what I'm cooking) I got to get it ready, cracking the first cold beer of the weekend to the soft tune of whatever group of long haired hippies I'm feeling for the day really is the best way for me to start my weekend.

walking outside and flipping a switch...just isn't for me

i can get a better smoke flavor off of my stick burner, and I get much better indirect heat then my neighbor does on his traeger.

Also - I can go from a 225 smoke to a 550 sear without doing anything but moving the steak from the smoke chamber to the grate over the firebox.

I also think Traeger's are over priced AF, which is the main reason i've never considered one. that, and I don't have electricity run out to the back of my place where my smoker is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you had me at one hitter. mad props and good answer.***

Nov 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m right there with you - on the weekend

Nov 8, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to something about ]

That’s why I built my uds.

But it’s nice to have something fast and convenient for the other times

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I got a Pit Barrel Cooker, a PK Grill and a Traeger

Nov 8, 2019, 5:11 PM

use all three at different times, but that pellet cooker does a great job and is so easy to use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got the CookShack, UDS, and a Masterbuilt electric

Nov 8, 2019, 5:31 PM

The electric was gifted to me and I use it almost exclusively for salmon

I really want a Pit Barrel but can’t justify it with my big ugly

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Love the Pit Barrel - I do all my ribs on it

Nov 8, 2019, 5:53 PM

the PK is a fun grill also - popular in the 50's and 60's - brought back to life - all aluminum so no rust.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic