Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are coots saying they have made up ground with pinckney and simpson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Why are coots saying they have made up ground with pinckney and simpson?

Jul 24, 2015, 9:50 PM

Pleas tell me they are full of #&$!.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are coots saying they have made up ground with pinckney and simpson?

Jul 24, 2015, 10:03 PM

It doesn't matter, finishing 2nd isn't any better than finishing 10th.

Jul 24, 2015, 10:05 PM

I live in Cola. and haven't anything to the kind. I do know from their fans recruiting thus far has been horrid, especially with OBC giving a two year window late last year. His rant earlier likely won't salvage much this weekend either. Clemson knows USuck is clearly trying to make up ground, but I'd be worried about other programs from the ACC and SEC.

Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2015, 10:06 PM

Just went to cocky talk to laugh at dumpster fire and read some threads claiming this

Jul 25, 2015, 8:54 AM

And so you got worried and ran over here for comfort.

You need someone to tell you that?***

Jul 24, 2015, 10:05 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 10:19 PM

Every team has their pumpers and a lot of coots are trying to stay positive about this year.

I don't blame them, they are just trying to support their team. Reality will set in after they go 1-5 or 2-4 through the first 6. And that's if they can beat Central Florida and Kentucky which aren't automatic.

I heard Kentucky has SEC speed on that defense. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoops 3rd year with 3 years recruiting,

Jul 24, 2015, 10:22 PM

I think Kentucky takes em this year.

Re: Stoops 3rd year with 3 years recruiting,

Jul 24, 2015, 10:30 PM

I think they lose vs UNC, and can't imagine they beat THuga in Athens, but Spurrier has done it before.

Kentucky won't be an easy game for them but is is their first home game. I think they win it but your right that there is a good shot that stoops pulls a W out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 10:29 PM

> Pleas tell me they are full of #&$!.

There full of $#1t.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 10:30 PM

> Pleas tell me they are full of #&$!.

There full of $#1t.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 3:10 PM

> > Pleas tell me they are full of #&$!.
>
> There full of $#1t.....

You misspelled #&$! ...just sayin. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All true, I'd kill myself if I was you***

Jul 24, 2015, 10:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All true, I'd kill myself if I was you***

Jul 24, 2015, 10:49 PM

This .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sakerlina 2015

Jul 24, 2015, 10:54 PM
image-1-1.jpg(56.0 K)

The expectations have been tempered .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 24, 2015, 10:58 PM

Both of their recruiting sites, Rivals and 247 have an interview with Simpson quoting him as saying it's
now even, As for Pinckney both sites again have an article where he mentions he had a good time on the visit and liked the business school and he wants to go on an official their before making his decision towards the end of the summer. Both sites think they gained ground on us in his recruitment.

It's all in their minds,

Jul 24, 2015, 11:14 PM

Every fanbase thinks they've made up ground after a visit.Haven't seen a recruit yet bad mouth a school on a visit,so biased message board reporters/recruiting gurus slant opinions based on that. It's best to see what ALL of the gurus have to say.

http://247sports.com/Player/Nyles-Pinckney-35463

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Simpson-75843

Re: It's all in their minds,

Jul 25, 2015, 12:44 AM

If either of them was to commit or sign with the coots, they would hate an idiotic bone headed decision as that their entire college career. They would get beat over the head with the Tiger Paw every year, and would go through a Head Coaching change within the next two years, and most likely the end of this year. But they could change their commitment if it happens this year, but only IF Spurrier didn't screw them over by sticking around until after signing day, and I believe he would do that if they have a bad year that they will have. But no doubt in my mind he will retire the end of 2016 season win or lose. USUC is a VERY BAD BET right now if any recruit wants to have Spurrier as their coach for all four of their college career. I'll bet anyone that there is no way in h&ll or high water that Spurrier will be coaching the coots another 4 years. He won't be there another 3 years from right now. It will be a big risk if a recruit was betting on Spurrier coaching the coots just 3 more years, it ain't going to happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 3:58 AM [ in reply to It's all in their minds, ]

Auburn site is the worst. They make it sound like they get every recruit that visits

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 25, 2015, 5:44 AM

You said the Coots have minds .
I propose that you have a lot to learn about Coots .

DB23

Jul 25, 2015, 6:12 AM

Four-star offensive lineman John Simpson (North Charleston/Fort Dorchester) has said for the better part of a week that he wants to slow the recruiting process down a bit and focus on football.

Summer trips are complete, he’ll take in a few football games this fall and be ready to make a decision at the Army All-American game in January.

“Everything is even right now. I just want to take a step back from it because my season is about to start,” Simpson said. “I’m going to be in the recruiting process, but not as hard as I was in the summertime.”

Simpson said that he plans to visit South Carolina for the home-opener against Kentucky. He may go to the Clemson game against Florida State in November. The four-star guard says he also plans to take in a game at Alabama.

He does, however, plan to take all of his official visits.

“I’m going to take all my official visits,” Simpson said. “I want to take the tour of all the schools that I like. I don’t have any visits set up yet. I have it planned to commit at the Army All-American game. I think I’ll stick with that, but I’m not sure.”

Simpson called offensive line coach Shawn Elliott “one of the best coaches” he’s been offered by and loves his coaching style.

One of the major things that caught Simpson’s attention though was the interaction he had with the current players.

“The visit went pretty good,” Simpson said. “I spent a lot of time with Coach Elliott. I talked a lot with Zack Bailey because he’s from where I’m from. I talked a lot with Brandon Shell and got a view of how it is in college being coached up by Coach Elliott.

“The freshmen talked to me and gave me good feedback on how Coach Elliott treats them. That’s a plus. If the freshmen aren’t happy, why would I want to come? And they’re happy.”

Simpson is ranked as the No. 223 player in the country in the 247Sports Composite with a 0.9121 rating. By 247Sports, Simpson is considered the No. 98 player in the country and No. 4 player at his position carrying a 95 rating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 7:29 AM

This really sounds like he is a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 7:47 AM

No

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 25, 2015, 6:13 AM

(Photo: 247Sports)
Seabrook (S.C.) Whale Branch four-star defensive tackle Nyles Pinckney attended South Carolina’s Prospect Cookout today, and the Gamecocks were able to make a move with the 6-foot-3, 290 pounder.

“The trip was good,” Pinckney said. “Just talking to coach (Steve) Spurrier, coach (Deke) Adams and coach (Everette) Sands to get to know them. Also getting a tour of the business school and getting a better feel for what all is going on around here.”

Pinckney also liked what he saw on the academic side of things.

“I am going to major in business, and they have a great business school,” he said. “They also are trying to grow from last year’s bad season and now they have a lot of commits and I really think they have something good going.”

The visit was an eye-opener for Pinckney.

“I never really got a family feel in the past, but I met some of the other commits and got more a family feel today. It was a very beneficial visit because it wasn’t all about football. It was a chance to get to know everyone better.”

He also enjoyed his time with potential position coach Deke Adams.

“Me and coach Adams have a great relationship,” he said. “We got together today and watched film. We just talked about their scheme and how it would be a fit for me. He said I’m a hybrid because I can play three-technique or the shade (tackle) spot. That’s what he likes about me.”

Pinckney is attracted to the Gamecock defensive scheme as well.

“We talked about coach (Jon) Hoke’s scheme and how he ran an NFL system. It could really help me out in the long run.”

Four teams currently stand out the most.

“South Carolina, Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech are my main schools. I would say South Carolina has the edge on academics. At Clemson I get that home feeling where everyone welcomes me. At Georgia they are trying to compete for an SEC Championship like South Carolina. Georgia Tech has a good business program and they are growing football wise. They had a good season last year beating Mississippi State and Clemson.”

A decision could be forthcoming from Pinckney.

“I am going to make my decision in about three weeks in August. I would like to come back (to South Carolina) again to spend the night so I could get to know the players better and then follow up with Georgia and Georgia Tech too.”

It is shaping up to be an in-state battle.

“I wouldn’t say I have a leader, but it’s kind of between South Carolina and Clemson, but I can’t leave Georgia and Georgia Tech out.”

William Gunter contributed to this report.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 6:26 AM

In a nutshell, they are referring to Jada and Homer, but Jada is wavering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 7:58 AM

Well coots do eat their own ####, so I'd say they're full of ####

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 8:45 AM

It is real easy decision to make when c00ts are #2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2015, 9:06 AM

Translation:
Coots went from 85th in recruiting to 72nd in recruiting, which means they have "made up ground". It's similar to their "morale" victories when they lose by only a few points.

Look in the mirror.

Jul 25, 2015, 1:04 PM

Oh, you said tell you they were full of chit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simpson said it is all even between the two schools since

Jul 25, 2015, 1:41 PM

he attended the pool party. I can't remember where I saw it,but it may have come from the
Gamecock rivals or from the State paper.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic