Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Clemson will Win!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 3,712

Why Clemson will Win!

Jan 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

First of all, let me congratulate the LSU Tigers on a great season. Their offense is putting up video numbers, and their SOS is second to none, 5 wins over top 10 teams. However, there is a flip side to the coin, here we go!

1) Clemson is the number 1 defense in the nation, LSU is the top offense in the nation. We are number one in pass defense and points allowed. Needless to say, and I will spell it out, LSU has not played a passing defense as good as ours all year. Alabama has the worst defense they have had in years, so don’t give me that crap. None of the other SEC overrated teams have a great defense either. LSU will take their amazing offense against the best defense in college football and Brett Venables, I suspect they will meet the same fate as the #1 offense that Ohio State had, they will lose.

2) LSU has a top 20 defense, and if you think that our offense, with Trevor Lawrence (future #1 pick 2021), Tee Higgins (1st round draft pick 2020), Travis Etienne (1st round draft pick 2020), and Justin Ross (all-star) can’t score a boatload then you have not been paying attention. By the way, gotta mention my main man Isaiah Simmons, absolute top 10 pick on defense.

Bottom Line - our offense will score more points against their inferior defense. Our defense will hold LSU’s offense way way below their average, just like Ohio State, and I predict that Clemson wins by 2 touchdowns late in the 4th quarter. Not to mention that our starters only played 2.5 quarters on average for 14 games, our reserves can beat most team’s 1st teams and our starters are well rested and in great health for Jan 13th.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Clemson will Win!

Jan 2, 2020, 9:26 PM

Why Clemson will lose

Joe Burrow

^^^ Misspelled Burro

Jan 2, 2020, 9:43 PM

HTH!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ Misspelled Borrowed***

Jan 2, 2020, 9:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 2, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Burreaux is good, no doubt, but so is our D. As the OP said... great O vs. great D and another great O vs. a pretty good D. The team with the great O and the great D (that would be Clemson) beats the team with the great O and pretty good D. Having said that, I am still a bit of a nervous Nellie. It is gonna be a good one. Here's to a good, clean, safe game.

Go Tigers!

Jan 2, 2020, 10:17 PM

LSU offense is historically good and will score +40 points on your defense. Clemson's offense is very good, but is not on the level of LSU this year

Jan 2, 2020, 11:03 PM

Whatever helps you sleep, little girl

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 14, 2020, 10:24 AM

Sup

Congrats on the win!***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

LOL! You can't possibly be this stupid.***

Jan 2, 2020, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Jan 3, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Terrible assessment, but that’s ok.

ill tell the coaches to forfeit

Jan 2, 2020, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

we are doomed

Who?***

Jan 2, 2020, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Jan 3, 2020, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Gotta do better than that..

Jan 3, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Why LSU will lose

Travis Etienne

Freaking Ole Miss had two backs avg over 10 yards/carry for 212 total yards and 141 total yards.
Vandy had a 130 yard rusher.

"oh 2017tiger but we stopped UGA..." Georgia doesn't have a balanced passing attacked to protect against loading the box. LSU let two bad teams run all over them. Clemson isn't a bad team with arguably the best RB in the country.

Jan 2, 2020, 9:48 PM

This is what I have been saying.

Jan 2, 2020, 9:52 PM

I don’t think LSU has a top 20 defense. Their passing defense is top 20 the rest of their defense is top 30

LSU
3rd down % defense- #9
Defensive TD’s - ZERO, that puts them in a tie for #130
1st down defense- #59 (guess who’s #1?)
interceptions- #5 (guess who’s #3?)
red zone defense- #21
rushing defense- #20
sacks - #39
scoring defense- #28
tackles for loss - #46
pass efficiency defense- #7
total defense- #29

I can certainly see why Aranda deserves to be the highest paid assistant Coach in all of college football........NOT!!!!

Jan 2, 2020, 9:55 PM

But the way he shaves his head is so intimidating.

Just like every other guy with male pattern baldness.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 2, 2020, 10:32 PM

cweeks4475 said:

First of all, let me congratulate the LSU Tigers on a great season. Their offense is putting up video numbers, and their SOS is second to none, 5 wins over top 10 teams. However, there is a flip side to the coin, here we go!

1) Clemson is the number 1 defense in the nation, LSU is the top offense in the nation. We are number one in pass defense and points allowed. Needless to say, and I will spell it out, LSU has not played a passing defense as good as ours all year. Alabama has the worst defense they have had in years, so don’t give me that crap. None of the other SEC overrated teams have a great defense either. LSU will take their amazing offense against the best defense in college football and Brett Venables, I suspect they will meet the same fate as the #1 offense that Ohio State had, they will lose.

2) LSU has a top 20 defense, and if you think that our offense, with Trevor Lawrence (future #1 pick 2021), Tee Higgins (1st round draft pick 2020), Travis Etienne (1st round draft pick 2020), and Justin Ross (all-star) can’t score a boatload then you have not been paying attention. By the way, gotta mention my main man Isaiah Simmons, absolute top 10 pick on defense.

Bottom Line - our offense will score more points against their inferior defense. Our defense will hold LSU’s offense way way below their average, just like Ohio State, and I predict that Clemson wins by 2 touchdowns late in the 4th quarter. Not to mention that our starters only played 2.5 quarters on average for 14 games, our reserves can beat most team’s 1st teams and our starters are well rested and in great health for Jan 13th.

Yall sound like Oklahoma, who sounded like Georgia, who sounded like A&M, who sounded like Bama, who sounded like Florida, who sounded like Auburn, Who sounded like Texas...

This will be a great game between the two undefeated powerhouses with two elite QBs.

Trevor Lawrence entire season stats: 
250 comp. ; 3,431 yds ; 36 TD ; 8 int 

Joe Burrow in 1st half of games ONLY: 
242 comp. ; 3,463 yds ; 38 TD ; 3 int 

Yeah, that's just Joe's stats from the first half of games vs ALL of TLs stats

Jan 2, 2020, 10:52 PM

Ya'll understand that we heard all of this same bullyshit from OSU just last week. How'd that work out for them ??

Jan 2, 2020, 11:11 PM

Joe burrow is a significantly better Qb than Fields at this point in time

Well umm yeah. Fields was sent home by Clemson.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:32 PM

You a smart one fella.

Too bad all y'all got is a qb. Your defense is not gonna be stopping TL and his receiving core. And definitely not gonna be stopping ETN from destroying y'all.

But hey welcome to the TNET. You fit right in with Red stickem and psychicbjob.

Re: Well umm yeah. Fields was sent home by Clemson.

Jan 3, 2020, 7:21 AM

I mean Joe is throwing to the arguably the best receiving core in the country and has CEH carrying the rock. So he is not doing it all by himself

Jan 2, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

You do realize that TL16 played mostly halves of games, right? That makes them very comparable, but I'll take my Tigers in a slobberknocker.

Dear “CrazyLSUstudent”, donate to Tigernet. It will make you a better person

Jan 2, 2020, 11:29 PM

And more likable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a one hit REGULAR season wonder!

Jan 2, 2020, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

While LSU has been getting slapped around by BAMA. Clemson has been slugging it out with Bama.Taking home 2 crowns in the process.

Your rent-a-qb is no match for what Brent Venables is about to unleash on his ###.

AND your defense?? LMAO on what Clemson is about to do to kill that lame duck.

Look I get it. Y'all Loseranians have the excitededs cuz you FINALLY did something besides get choked out for one regular season. But kid, you ain't gonna believe the hurting Dabo and his Clemson Tigers are about to unleash on your poor little wannabes!

Print and run with that!!!!

Yes Joe is good

Jan 3, 2020, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Clemson will Win! ]

Clemson has a much more balanced offensive attack than LSU so Joe's numbers are skewed up. Clemson has over 1,000 more rushing yards than LSU.

LSU's defense is ranked 30th based on total defensive yards

Jan 3, 2020, 7:24 AM

allowed.

Replies: 27
| visibility 3,712
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic