»
Topic: Why Carlos go so low?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 29, 2017 3:34 PM by: SocMan2®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Why Carlos go so low?

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 2:27 PM

Any ideas on why Carlos went so low in draft?

Re: Why Carlos go so low?

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 2:29 PM

Same reason Grady did. Most NFL GMs are idiots

Faded by comparison

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 3:34 PM

3rd best interior lineman on his own team ... Clemson just has an embarrassment of riches inside as Quozzel illuminated. That said, he could easily surprise if he puts in the work.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 2:29 PM

not sure. I think it's just some more clemson hate and bad scout evaluation.

Combine numbers were just average***

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 2:33 PM

[2]
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 2:37 PM

Why? Middle of the draft, seems about right.

You look for those 1st-round guys and you expect a Dexter Lawrence or a Christian Wilkins, and he's not quite at that level. 4th round seems right, maybe a little too low, but not a ton. I personally think he should have gotten some points because Clemson guys have played a 15-game schedule the last two years and beat everybody in college football there was to beat in that span, so you know there's only a half-notch of adjustment between playing, say, Alabama and Ohio State to playing an actual NFL team. Whereas a lot of these smaller-college guys are looking at an adjustment of 3-4 levels of competition since they aren't even Wake Forest or Duke level in football and don't even play those level of teams throughout the year. Sorry, small-college guys are gambles, pure and simple. Whatever, though, it's just personal taste at that point. He'll be a solid NFL guy, whatever. Probably not a Pro Bowler, but solid.

You can argue Deshaun should have gone higher, and I'd agree. Mike Williams went about where he should have gone. Tankersley was probably a little low but Holy Mother this was a DB-heavy class, the most DB-heavy in history. You look at Gallman, Watkins, and now Leggett and they all seem about right to me too. Boulware I think is underrated and somebody will get a steal drafting him in the 6th or more likely 7th. After that you look at Artavis Scott, Jadar Johnson, and Jay Guillermo as guys who certainly deserve late picks and should be able to play and stick in the league but they're good college players who look like workmanlike pro guys.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3800 for the four. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1264 people have read this post