Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question for Trump supporters.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Serious question for Trump supporters.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:05 PM

If it is found that Iran is responsible for the attack on the Saudi oil fields, would you support the U.S. going to war with Iran?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Trump supporters? Why not Americans?

Sep 16, 2019, 1:18 PM

If true, would you NOT support some sort of retaliatory strike?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Americans? Why not the Saudis?

Sep 16, 2019, 1:21 PM

We’ve sold them enough hardware to take care of themselves.

What happened to America First?

I think America going in First is his point

Sep 16, 2019, 2:45 PM

so, there is that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Check the code dates on our cruise missile inventory. Might_

Sep 16, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Why Trump supporters? Why not Americans? ]

as well fire them rather than let them go out of date.

Re: Why Trump supporters? Why not Americans?

Sep 16, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Why Trump supporters? Why not Americans? ]

I'm curious as to the views of Trump supporters. That is no slight to other Americans. This is a P&R board, don't be so sensitive. :)

Sep 16, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Why Trump supporters? Why not Americans? ]

bengaline said:

If true, would you NOT support some sort of retaliatory strike?

What the Saudi's do to protect themselves is not my concern. I would NOT support American troops being involved in a retaliatory strike or a military role at all. This would be between the Saudi's and Iran.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:31 PM

How easily we forget, I told you folks the Iranians would respond to our sanctions on them selling oil. In their mind we declared economic war upon them, they are replying.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:32 PM

We broke it, we own it is how the saying goes.

I'm not a "Trump supporter"

Sep 16, 2019, 1:35 PM

But why would the US go to war with Iran over something they did to Saudi Arabia?

One reason - oil***

Sep 16, 2019, 2:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about it?***

Sep 16, 2019, 2:15 PM

Saudi's inability to put it into production

Sep 16, 2019, 2:33 PM

And raising prices.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would kill and be killed over the price of oil?***

Sep 16, 2019, 2:42 PM

C'mon PRod - price is only an effect

Sep 16, 2019, 2:48 PM

that comes when SUPPLY is hindered or harmed in any way. So, why wouldn't we?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just asking questions.

Sep 16, 2019, 2:50 PM

To answer "why wouldn't we?," I think I can answer the main argument against it would be people dying.

Re: I'm just asking questions.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:03 PM

From a theoretical view you have a valid point but real world concerns of melting down economies, tossing millions out of work, blowing nuclear sized holes in already bloated budgets win out in the end. Doubt we put boots on the ground but it would not surpise me to see a swarm of cruise missles turned loose as a warning.If we double gas prices from current costs it sends most economies in the toilet,just saying.

Tricky thing is them swarming ships in the Gulf with fast boats, that is when it could turn in to a real shooting war. Doubt any US Commander will allow them to get close before incinerating them, nobody want another USS Cole on their resume.

I remember the USS Cole all too clearly

Sep 16, 2019, 5:52 PM

I was not onboard

We went to war with Iraq over something they did to Kuwait.***

Sep 16, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I'm not a "Trump supporter" ]

Why?***

Sep 16, 2019, 2:26 PM

A combination of things.

Sep 16, 2019, 2:57 PM

First of all we weren't going to let one country invade another country with impunity. And by "we" I don't just mean the US. The UN security council placed sanctions on Iraq as a result of the invasion and when Iraq defied the naval blockade tensions escalated. By the end of the '80s Iraq was the world's fourth largest army, so there was no reason to expect them to stop steamrolling Gulf countries if their regional conquests went unchallenged. Meanwhile the Gulf accounted for 65% of the world's oil and the US was heavily reliant on Arab oil, so we had an economic incentive to maintain stability in the region and ensure continued access to their natural resources. Oil prices also affect the global economy, so ripple effects from the invasion would be felt throughout the world.

Plus it's fun to blow #### up. Tell me this isn't cool, eh?

Re: A combination of things.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:08 PM

Actually nobody cared about a bunch of rich pampered Kuwaiti's,small fish there, now the big oil producer to the south is a whole different thing indeed. Plus old Saddam had threatened to sell oil in denominations other than USD which is not tolerable to us as we need to maintain Reserve Currency status or we cannot afford to service that mountain of debt.

Re: We went to war with Iraq over something they did to Kuwait.***

Sep 17, 2019, 2:23 AM [ in reply to We went to war with Iraq over something they did to Kuwait.*** ]

That was the right call. The world was pretty unified on that one. We contained a mad man.

b/c we are taking orders from Saudi Arabia...

Sep 16, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I'm not a "Trump supporter" ]

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Weird timing considering Bolton just left and he was the massive Iranian war hawk.

Message was edited by: deweather

Re: b/c we are taking orders from Saudi Arabia...

Sep 16, 2019, 3:47 PM

Really? Not hardly and the main concern is the world economies since half the EU is sliding in to a recessionary phase.

based on that tweet, that's the implication

Sep 16, 2019, 4:30 PM

but I do assume it's just the traditional "trump bluster and incomprehensibility" he's famous for. Despite all his saber rattling language, Trump's actions seem to paint him much more dovish than one might expect (a big reason Bolton left apparently).

Re: based on that tweet, that's the implication

Sep 18, 2019, 12:12 AM

You are one dense Em effer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same thought.

Sep 16, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to b/c we are taking orders from Saudi Arabia... ]

Bolton is a warmonger. Lindsay Graham’s latest remarks reveal a similar mentality. It’s also interesting timing with ARAMCO’s upcoming IPO which will set a world record. This is a situation where we are seeing chess pieces being moved around. What does it mean? Who benefits from the Aramco incident? Who was the intended target indirectly or, who else is harmed? What’s the end game?

https://www.businessinsider.com/10-largest-ipos-in-history-ranked-by-total-proceeds-2019-9

Nope

Sep 16, 2019, 1:55 PM

There’s A LOT more going on than meets the eye but I’ll say this: “They” didn’t blow up a refinery on US soil so why would we? I think the days of watching our young men die in the Middle East for Israel are over. Let them fight their own battles.

Re: Nope

Sep 16, 2019, 2:40 PM

There is a lot more going on than meets the eye, and I agree with your conclusions.

Well said.

Sep 16, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Nope ]

Israel does not need us to stomp a mudhole in Iran,not even close. Jews under every rock once again huh ? This will be about nothing more or less than keeping the world economies out of recession. Doubt highly we do much of anything in truth and if we do it will be a bunch of $2M cruise missles taking out a variety of things as a warning.Boots on the ground will not occur but we are gonna waste a lot of money killing camels.

I said when we sanctioned Iran oil exports in an attempt to cripple their economy they would respond, they have no other choice. If they are going down they are gonna make it painful for the rest of the world. So in truth the US once again broke something in the ME by interfering and trying economic regime change only to find out it is a failure.

We broke it, we own it. Not the 1st time and likely not the last time.

Sep 16, 2019, 5:29 PM

I don't buy the 'we broke it, we own it' rationale. We can do or not do whatever, whenever we choose. We are in no way obligated to engage the Iranians unless they attack us.

The Saudi's have been fighting a proxy war with Iran (Yemen) for a couple of years now. It reap what it sews. Ultimately the issue between all of these fine countries is religious with a little economic tack on to the end.

The idea that the U.S. puts it's citizen soldiers in harm's way for economic gain is a very old one and needs to die.

Our soldiers swore allegiance to the country and the constitution, not Exxon or Shell. World economies be ######. Sometimes we should pay the price for our actions, we've been ####### around with those governments ever since oil was discovered there. We overthrew the democratically elected govt. in Iran in 1959 and installed a monarchy.

We're too 'smart' for our own good.

And by the way, the number one importer of Iranian oil is China. Yeah, lets get those boys involved.

Sep 16, 2019, 7:17 PM

Sorry Felix, once we sanctioned them selling oil we began economic war. More precise it would be regime change by economic destruction. We did this so we own the outcomes.

One can pretend we did not start it, cry or stamp our feet but once those sanctions hit we backed them in to a corner. I told you guys they would not sit back and be butt humped, they would attempt to bring pain to the economies of the world.

Shutting down oil from Saudi hits right where it hurts. When I was still over there they fried 50k plus hard drives across the Company.

You may feel it is not our concern but you are wrong here and I say this respectfully.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:24 PM

Tiger1Dad said:

Sorry Felix, once we sanctioned them selling oil we began economic war. More precise it would be regime change by economic destruction. We did this so we own the outcomes.

One can pretend we did not start it, cry or stamp our feet but once those sanctions hit we backed them in to a corner. I told you guys they would not sit back and be butt humped, they would attempt to bring pain to the economies of the world.

Shutting down oil from Saudi hits right where it hurts. When I was still over there they fried 50k plus hard drives across the Company.

You may feel it is not our concern but you are wrong here and I say this respectfully.

I agree that we started this economic war with Iran. Actually Trump started for reasons I can't fathom.
But having started it, I still hope that wiser men surface and lead us away from an all out war with them. You are right, Trump has been humping them for a while and they retaliated, as we would if the shoe was on the other foot. But I'm hopeful that cooler heads will prevail and stop Trump from leading us into a catastrophe. Many men and women lost their husbands and wives in the Iraq War. Many lost arms, legs and their minds. I believe we don't have to do that again. But you are correct Dad, your scenario has been the normally chosen past. Respectfully, I disagree that it has to be the chosen path now.

Sep 16, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope ]

Trump single-handedly created the Iran mess. The Republicans in DC who supported him knew this was coming.

What we should do is way different than what they want to do.

Sep 18, 2019, 12:17 AM

How big of a mess is it really?
Did you ever stop to think that Trump knows what he's doing? Of course not but you might try it sometime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need more information because I'm not decided.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:11 AM

Right now the only potential harm done to America is possibly a spike in oil prices. A small spike doesn't bother me so much but to the working poor it may mean the difference between having a health supper or peanut butter sandwiches.

I am not the least bit happy that Russia is going to benefit from a spike in oil prices either. I am happy that China's economic machine will suffer.

At this point I would suggest we continue to push allies to sanction Iran even further as in 'an eye for an eye...' type retaliation. An economic wound for an economic wound.

Imo, if the Saudis don't have the stones to deal with Iran that's their problem.

We are not going to war with anyone who doesn't attack us, Felix. Trump is not a warmonger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I need more information because I'm not decided.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:34 PM

Don’t you know that Trump started all of this stuff to begin with? You know he was solely responsible for depriving these dictators and countries from sucking from the teet that Obama graciously fed them ! Now that Trump has weened them from that teet, al of them are getting all riled up and Bichy!

Sep 17, 2019, 8:06 PM

Good call. One thing Trump hates are oppressive dictators and leaders.

Sep 17, 2019, 8:18 PM

Never seen anything to lead me to believe he’s partial to them. Walked out on Lil Kim in the middle of a “summit” while lil Kim was in mid sentence. Hasn’t really negotiated a lot with Vladimir “at east no one has proven it yet”. So no, I don’t think he is partial to them.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Re: Serious question for Trump supporters.

Sep 18, 2019, 12:09 AM

I'm betting Iran is not held responsible. People I follow say CIA controlled assets in the Iranian government including the military acted without the blessing of Abinejad(?) Brennanists want to raise the price of oil to ruin the economy so Trump will lose the election in 2020. Trump knows this so he is playing it cool until he can identify and surgically take out those responsible. It will not be a retaliation against "Iran".

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic