Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd released by the Steelers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tajh Boyd released by the Steelers

Aug 18, 2015, 9:58 AM

Tajh Boyd released by the Steelers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sucks. I wonder if he'll keep trying.***

Aug 18, 2015, 10:02 AM

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd released by the Steelers

Aug 18, 2015, 10:03 AM

I REALLY hate to hear this. I was hoping Tajh would make it with the Steelers. Obviously the NFL does not base their retention on people with character. Maybe it's time for Tajh to seriously consider the move to coaching.

LMAO***

Aug 18, 2015, 10:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he slammed the whole NFL because Tajh was

Aug 18, 2015, 12:56 PM

released.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because he slammed the whole NFL because Tajh was

Aug 18, 2015, 1:32 PM

I didn't take it as a slam, seemed to me he was commenting on the fact that just being a 'good guy' (which Tajh absolutely is) does not mean you will make an NFL team. Tajh just might not have what it takes, unfortunately.

? ? ? ?***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to LMAO*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

####***

Aug 18, 2015, 10:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play

Aug 18, 2015, 10:27 AM

Can't believe Tebow is still on an NFL roster and Tajh isn't.

Re: Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play

Aug 18, 2015, 10:34 AM

From all reports, Boyd looked pretty crappy in the practices.

Aug 18, 2015, 10:42 AM

link

Aug 18, 2015, 10:57 AM

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/08/steelers_camp_tajh_boyd_offense_goalline.html
^That's the main one I've seen...

However, from what I am reading, he was released due to Bruce Gradowski was activated off the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Aug 18, 2015, 4:05 PM

When your team mates walk off leaving you hurt on the field tells me they didn't won't Tajh to begin with. If that is indeed the case, I wouldn't want to be a part of the team with them either. Fk-um!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play ]

I heard rumors early in Tajh's career at Clemson that he wasn't a great practice player. Some guys are better in game situations when the pressure is on, just like other guys are practice stars but choke when they get put in big situations.

Aug 18, 2015, 11:18 AM

Also,

Tajh may have looked bad in practice, but Jones looked horrendous in games. He stared down receivers and then overthrew them, and the coaches still refused to try someone else.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play ]

Tajh should try to play in the Canadian FB league for a few years. If he can play in that league, use it to regain and sharpen his skills. I think that he has gotten himself lost from trying to hard in the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 12:56 PM

It worked for Warren Moon.

Aug 19, 2015, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play ]

Many guys look bad in practice... been to a few camps. It is cut throat and sportsmanship at its lowest form... feel bad for the kid still.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play ]

apparently, Tajh hasn't shown much to warrant game time or being kept on the roster...

Alex Kozora ?@Alex_Kozora 16h16 hours ago
People ask how bad Tajh Boyd must be for Landry to get some much playing time. The answer: pretty bad. Last two days have been rough.

Alex Kozora ?@Alex_Kozora 2h2 hours ago
Over the last four practices, Tajh Boyd threw only 14 passes. Wasn't even just having a bad arm. Center/snap exchanges plagued him all camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Steelers didn't even give him a chance to play ]

Steelers don't do handouts! Didn't you read the James Harrison article? Doesn't work that way in the Steel city.

Obviously TB didn't EARN the right to play.

Plus he was a camp arm from Day 1, but people don't wanna admit that.....

Aug 18, 2015, 10:29 AM

I admire, respect and appreciate what he means to Clemson University, what a great ambassador. I wish him nothing but the best but for whatever reason the NFL seems to be a difficult nut to crack for a lot of great college players. I hope he finds hid calling and it brings him fulfillment and joy! He deserves that and so much more!

Aug 18, 2015, 12:11 PM

I agree, and I feel absolutely horrible for Tajh right now!!!

Wow. I'm a steelers fan and this is crap.

Aug 18, 2015, 10:38 AM

Not because he's one of ours, but we truly, as of now, have bums behind Ben. For Tajh not to even get in on preseason action is absurd.

LOL, yea, Tomlin don't know jackshlt***

Aug 18, 2015, 10:44 AM

Re: LOL, yea, Tomlin don't know jackshlt***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:10 AM

Not a Boyd fan?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 11:18 AM

Probably gets a bit nauseous at watching how people deal with the conflicting thoughts of "I like Tajh" and "Tajh is meant to be an NFL QB".

Face it, it's not pretty.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Aug 19, 2015, 6:50 PM

> Probably gets a bit nauseous at watching how people
> deal with the conflicting thoughts of "I like Tajh"
> and "Tajh is meant to be an NFL QB".
>
> Face it, it's not pretty.

That GIF is hilarious. Dr Evil worthy.

Love Boyd, but why be critical of the Steelers? They

Aug 18, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, yea, Tomlin don't know jackshlt*** ]

know more about who they should keep than others, right?

Re: Love Boyd, but why be critical of the Steelers? They

Aug 18, 2015, 4:12 PM

When you don't like the team, it's real easy, fk the steelers and those fugly A$$ uniforms they wear.;)

Re: Wow. I'm a steelers fan and this is crap.

Aug 18, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Wow. I'm a steelers fan and this is crap. ]

i'm a lifelong Steelers fan and always want Clemson guys to be on the roster and be stars, but apparently, Tajh hasn't shown much to warrant game time or being kept on the roster...

Alex Kozora ?@Alex_Kozora 16h16 hours ago
People ask how bad Tajh Boyd must be for Landry to get some much playing time. The answer: pretty bad. Last two days have been rough.

Alex Kozora ?@Alex_Kozora 2h2 hours ago
Over the last four practices, Tajh Boyd threw only 14 passes. Wasn't even just having a bad arm. Center/snap exchanges plagued him all camp.

i really hate it for him because QB's will get left behind when passed over a few times... the calls to come to camp stop coming for young guys who don't crack a roster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 10:47 AM

Is there a way to TD this post? Not because of who wrote it but because I hate it for Tajh. If I was a multi-multi-billionaire, I'd buy a team and he'd have a QB starting job for a few years!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 12:54 PM

No you wouldn't.You would hire him as QB coach and pay him well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2015, 1:02 PM

The steelers paper blamed TB lack of control in the huddle and went on to say that many NFL teams don't like or have time to train a kid the NFL style system. Makes sense. Even when Tebow was at Florida many people blamed coach Myers of not doing Tebow any favors by not training him to be more like the NFL style QB. Gotta assume all QBs want to play at the next level but whose responsibility is it to train them to achieve this goal?

It simply bottles the mind to think that D-Rod got

Aug 18, 2015, 10:59 AM

more touches in preseason than Tajh.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yet another reason to hate the Steelers***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:01 AM

Re: Yet another reason to hate the Steelers***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:34 AM

I hope them sumbitches have a losing season long after I join the not living crowd. I also hope they get beat down by their most hated rivals in the Ravens, Browns, and Raiders!!!

He Just Has To Find The Right Team ----

Aug 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

The Jets and the Steelers never seemed like a good fit for him. Those teams are too pre-Madonna-ish.
Coach and player relations also could be an issue ....certain playbooks and schemes maybe could not bring out Boyd's true talent. Just have to find the right team.

How many quarterbacks did well with one NFL then get traded to another only to be terrible there?
How many quarterbacks did terrible with one NFL team then get cut then find another NFL team and do outstanding?

That could be it, but I'm not sure.

Aug 18, 2015, 11:11 AM

Tajh has been with a couple of teams now that clearly needed depth at QB, and he can't even get on the field in games when they literally play everybody.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That could be it, but I'm not sure.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:22 PM

I know and understand that college isn't the NFL, but look at the receivers that has made it in the NFL from Tajh's arm. QB position is a hard one to learn I know. Tajh needs a team that has the time to teach him their way, and I believe he would become a great QB for them. He played in a HUNH offense his college career. He needs to be retrained, I believe he has the skill, and he is tough.

He's definitely got the arm, and he's definitely tough.

Aug 18, 2015, 1:08 PM

Other QBs with lesser arms and not as tough have gotten their shots, but something is keeping Tajh from getting his. I don't know if he just can't understand the offenses or can't make the reads or what, but something at a very basic level is keeping him from getting any action at all.

- H. L. Mencken

So... Olivia Newton-John-ish?***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:28 AM [ in reply to He Just Has To Find The Right Team ---- ]

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Re: I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles

Aug 18, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to He Just Has To Find The Right Team ---- ]

advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

It's not yore fought.***

Aug 18, 2015, 11:36 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Doesn't madder whose fought it is. It's a moo point anyway.***

Aug 18, 2015, 1:06 PM

Your honor roll.***

Aug 18, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles ]

HUH?!?!?!***

Aug 18, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

l0l!!84!!***

Aug 18, 2015, 12:06 PM [ in reply to He Just Has To Find The Right Team ---- ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I just hate that!! Hang in there Tajh!

Aug 18, 2015, 12:43 PM

nm

missing Out on solid QB with heart of Gold & will to win of Iron!

Aug 12, 2023, 7:17 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true, Bill! Unfortunately Tajh is not tall; listed @ 6'

Aug 18, 2015, 1:07 PM

1" but I doubt that. Steelers starting offensive line is 6'6",6'6", 6'5", 6'4", and 6'3". All tight ends are at least 6'5".

While Boyd showed flashes of Doug Flutie-esque marksmanship and will to win, the NFL is just too big AND fast for him.

Valiant effort, however.

It may be time to give the CFL a try***

Aug 18, 2015, 2:21 PM

Maybe Rex Ryan will give him a shot......

Aug 18, 2015, 3:05 PM

Just a suggestion......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh Boyd you were the best at 4th quarter comebacks!

Aug 18, 2015, 3:36 PM

I love your attitude to stay driven to reach your goals. I would love to see you in Chip Kelly's system with the Eagles.
If all of us would have stopped when people told us we couldn't this country would have never been great.

I can't change the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. (Tajh Boyd)

That's the outlook of a wise focused young man. I hope and pray you find the perfect place to reach your goals Tajh.

We were so blessed to have him choose to be apart of Clemson. Tajh always kept everybody loose and laughing when he played. Their weren't many times that he didn't have a smile on his face on the sidelines. I think he will end up coaching at Clemson one of these days if he doesn't end being a Minister. He has all the traits of a minister, either way he will be successful.

I'd love to see him make it in the NFL too. I have a feeling Tajh and CJ will always be close to Clemson.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Tajh Boyd you were the best at 4th quarter comebacks!

Aug 18, 2015, 11:28 PM

Tajh has been a wonderful ambassador for Clemson University and the football team! He has so much going for him and he will continue to be successful! He's such a personable young man and I wish nothing but the best for him. I think it would be great to see him on the sidelines with Dabo coaching the Tigers!!

Aug 19, 2015, 12:19 AM

I wish Tajh the absolute best but sometimes it just wasn't meant to be. If the Steelers cut him, it was because he just wasn't working out--not due to a failing on their part. He was a heck of a QB for us and he knew the system very well. He should consider trying to work with Clemson or SMU if he sees a future in coaching.

CFL, Coaching or Announcing are options

Aug 19, 2015, 5:47 PM

Well said. Brandon Streeter will be a head coach in the next 5-10 years. Does Tajh have the capability to join the post-Clemson coaching tree? I hope so. If yes, he should be able to quickly find a position as a grad asst. He is knowledgeable and well spoken. My concern which grew when Tajh played for Clemson was he rarely targeted multiple receivers. He qb'ed with one of the most remarkable college receiver sets of all time - Watson, Grisham, Brown, Hopkins, Martavis, Allen, Bryant and strong receiving star backs. And he typically focused on his star receiver which works in college for many quality QB's.

Martavis' lack of targets was probably the best example - a superstar who rarely got the ball. Many Tiger fans focused on Martavis' drops. And yes, he had some drops - similar to Jerry Rice as a young 49er. But when a player has the talent of Martavis you use him to make the team better. But I will never forget Tajh won some big games at Clemson (LSU win was huge) and advanced our program. Hopefully, he will soon teach young QB's how to execute a game plan and utilize multiple receivers which he did not always do at Clemson and is hard to learn at the pro QB level - the hardest position to play in all sports.

All that said, Tajh could try the CFL to develop for a few years and give it another shot. Worked well for Moon, Flutie and others. If not, coaching and maybe announcing make sense if Tajh is interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh Boyd > Landry Jones***

Aug 19, 2015, 10:46 PM

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic