Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic'

Jul 18, 2013, 3:07 PM

Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic'

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didnt' he have a 70% pass completion?***

Jul 18, 2013, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He missed like 30% of his passes?!?! I'm no expert, but that

Jul 18, 2013, 7:23 PM

seems awful high.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic'

Jul 18, 2013, 3:10 PM

This guy has to be a great a example for an anti-hard drugs campaign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahhahaha !!!! I love it! Keep it coming haters

Jul 18, 2013, 3:13 PM

This is nothing but fuel for Tajh!!!

Who's paying this guy's retainer? SCar game, yes. Otherwise,

Jul 18, 2013, 3:16 PM

what's he talking about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2013, 3:17 PM

Boyd has his moments where the ball gets away from him...at times it will last over the span of a game.

However I definitely wouldn't call him an "incredibly erratic passer".

That "incredibly" applies to ALL QBs. Otherwise, they'd have

Jul 18, 2013, 3:20 PM

a 100% completion rate. If he's Howard's nephew, he should have an inside on "erratic".

Jul 18, 2013, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic' ]

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I have repeatedly said that I hope Boyd doesn't begin our games throwing more passes to the opponents that to our own guys. I'm tired of being behind early before Boyd decides to get in the zone and play incredibly well. That only works sometimes - against weaker teams. This is nothing more than what I've noticed for 2 years with Boyd.

That said - Boyd is probably the BEST QB's in the ACC, and one of the top 10 QB's in the country. Pretty awesome IMO, so yeah - Boyd is erratic, but he's still da' man.

That didn't happen often much last year.

Jul 18, 2013, 3:57 PM

In fact unless I' wrong we scored early and often in all of the games we played in.

That was two years ago. Not last year.

Jul 18, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic' ]

Nobody works harder or improves more from season to season that TB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must have watched the Wake Forest game

Jul 18, 2013, 3:19 PM

from 2 years ago.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So he's saying that Nuk saved him with a few of those

Jul 18, 2013, 3:19 PM

catches?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bahahaha what a moron!***

Jul 18, 2013, 3:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I'll admit, I haven't watched the NFL Network

Jul 18, 2013, 3:30 PM

extensively, just one time during a pre-season game, but I can already tell all of the programming sucks, based on those 20 minutes I saw.

The NFL network is very bland and boring***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:05 PM

Jul 18, 2013, 3:30 PM

His uncle used to talk up CU guys at every opportunity.

Interesting how he is an expert yet we've never heard of him. He is certainly entitled to his opinion how ever wrong it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another example of how nepotism can be a bad thing***

Jul 18, 2013, 3:32 PM

First time I ever heard of the guy***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:06 PM

Remember his expert status is from wikipedia, where...

Jul 19, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Cosell calls Tajh Boyd 'incredibly erratic' ]

highly inaccurate info is posted

Haters...

Jul 18, 2013, 3:32 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TAJH..you've got your work cut out what with Clowney & Cosel

Jul 18, 2013, 3:45 PM

calling you out! Git er going and rip the ball past their big fat heads and show em a what a 50 yd TD looks like to Sammy!

gOTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Erratic??

Jul 18, 2013, 4:06 PM

I am perplexed by this, he did not call him inaccurate, is he referring to play calling, decision making, how he throws the ball, pulling the ball down and running or what??

He musta watched SCar (46%), VT (57%) & FSU (56%) games.

Jul 18, 2013, 4:10 PM

... and maybe LSU(72%) and some of Tajh's better passing games. I thought that in 2012 (not 2011) Tajh was pretty consistent when he wasn't running for his life.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480221/tajh-boyd

I think he looked alright overall at FSU until the end

Jul 18, 2013, 4:17 PM

But yeah VT and SC weren't his best games. He looked off in both of them all game.

Jul 18, 2013, 4:11 PM

After seeing the replies on this thread, the more I'm starting to think Cosel must have been looking at a lot of tape from 2011.

If you guys remember, in 2011 Tajh had a LOT of trouble starting games and often needed to get to the middle of the second or even the third quarter before he started to heat up. Things changed greatly last year as he threw the ball great from the very beginning of most games.

I've heard some stuff from Cosell in the past and he's usually pretty good but these comments seem to be overstating Tajh's weaknesses a bit.

haters gonna hate***

Jul 18, 2013, 4:12 PM

Jul 18, 2013, 4:16 PM

Maybe he meant erotic. I mean, what do we *really* know about this Cosell guy anyways?

If his idea of incredibly erratic is....

Jul 18, 2013, 4:19 PM

nearly 3,900 yards passing, 36 touchdowns, and only 13 interceptions, color me erratic. I'll take that all day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agreed. Tajh's numbers are comparable with anyone elses***

Jul 18, 2013, 4:26 PM

Co-who?

Jul 18, 2013, 4:29 PM

Never heard of him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I immediately thought of Howard.... but I'm pretty sure he

Jul 19, 2013, 8:11 AM

died. Maybe this guy is brain-dead as well. I read something last week comparing Boyd's stats to "Mr. Johnny Everything Heisman Winner" so Manziel better not drop off in his accuracy this year or he will ride the bench.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2012...

Jul 18, 2013, 5:03 PM

#10 in the country in passing yards.

#5 in the country in passing efficiency.

#2 in the country in "Points Responsible For".

#7 in the country in total offense.

I'll take that level of "erratic".

null

the only time i felt like tajh was erratic

Jul 18, 2013, 5:22 PM

were short-intermediate out routes to the side line and the throws to the backfield where he was moving away from pressure. those are the throws where i felt (note this is just from trying to remember through hazy recollection) that throws seemed to sail on him. every other type of throw the dude is money.

If he is erratic

Jul 18, 2013, 6:26 PM

What would you call Big Ben, Scam Newton, and Colin kaepernick

Jul 18, 2013, 6:35 PM

Says something about Cosell's credibility, or lack there-of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2013, 7:25 PM

erratic in what sense?? I think im going with the majority here in that I would use a QB's completion % to define how consistent/erratic they are. Boyd completes nearly 70% of his passes which is definitely not erratic. In fact its pretty dang good.

Also his TD/INT ratio could be considered a barometer of consistency...and at 36 td to 13 Int that's pretty dang good as well.

The only thing I can come up with is the particular games this guy watched. Everyone knows that a QB will not fair as well against better defenses as opposed to weaker ones. This guy prob watches boyd against the coots defense one game and then against Furman the next....and considers him erratic...you don't consider that being erratic, u consider it a huge step up in competiton, and things aren't nearly as ez. TBH though, I think Boyd was consistenly good in just about every game I saw except he had a tough second half vs FSU, and a tough game vs the coots...but those defenses are two of the best out there. All of a sudden instead of being able to drop back to pass, u drop back to get ur #### sacked...

I thought our O-line did a good job last year for the situation/scenario/talent level, and I think this year will even better considering the quality depth and # of returning players with experience. Boyd will have a chance in every game this year imo, whereas against the coots defense last year, our line did a good job, but it was admittedly difficult to hold up against the coots' strong d-line...I think we handle them n everyone else this year though...long as we stay healthy, and some rb's pick it up for Ellington. Hot Rod looked impressive towards the end of the year, if he can sustain tht for the majority of the year we will be in great shape. Howard is a baller too.

He see's what a lot of people do...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:26 PM

Our WRs bail tajh out a great deal.

I do hope you're joking

Jul 18, 2013, 11:41 PM

a wr can do nothing without the QB throwing him the ball

I'm a big Tajh Boyd fan but I have to agree, a lot of his

Jul 19, 2013, 6:44 AM [ in reply to He see's what a lot of people do... ]

passes are either thrown behind the receiver, thrown high, need to be thrown just a bit sooner---but mostly I would like to see him lead a receiver so the receiver can run under the ball and catch it in stride. I would not trade Tajh for any other QB in the nation but that is my opinion.

You're wrong big time, Tajh is highly accurate….

Jul 19, 2013, 12:10 PM

watch the chicfila bowl game tape, he was throwing lasers all game

Re: I'm a big Tajh Boyd fan but I have to agree, a lot of his

Jul 19, 2013, 12:17 PM [ in reply to I'm a big Tajh Boyd fan but I have to agree, a lot of his ]

With all due respect, this is rediculous.

So, you're saying that a QB is expected to make a perfect throw EVERY TIME in all game situations?

TB had a 67% completion rate. Factor in that a lot of those throws he made while running for his life due to our porous OL blocking at times and I think that's pretty #### good!

I suspect that Joe Montana would not have been so successful had he not had Jerry Rice and John Taylor to make catches of throws that were a bit erratic at times.

You see, this is what WR's are actually SUPPOSED to do.

Did you not see the lasers Tajh threw in the Chicfila bowl?***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:09 PM [ in reply to He see's what a lot of people do... ]

The problem with...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:11 PM

this thread.

Too many people on here CARE what this guy thinks.

Bulletin Board

Jul 18, 2013, 10:07 PM

Man, that thing is getting filled up fast...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2013, 1:04 AM

OK so Cosell is an incredibly inaccurate analyst!

He hasn't studied him, but makes a statement anyway.

Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 AM

Well I haven't studied much post-modern economic strategy in Latin America but I'm gonna go ahead and say they're a bunch of Mexican burrito making morons down there.

There's something in these hills.

Like uncle, like nephew.***

Jul 25, 2013, 8:57 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic