Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's gonna be that lockdown corner?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,286

Who's gonna be that lockdown corner?

Mar 12, 2017, 12:27 AM

Since M. Alexander departed for the NFL, have we had a true " LD corner " that opposing teams told their QB's don't throw in this man's direction? This is in no way a slight towards Tankersley, I picked him to be in the league and be drafted in 2015 when I saw him play early. It would be pretty nice to see one of the following emerge as the lockdown on an island, taking care of business.

I remember a lot coming out about Mullen, and his ability to high point a ball with a receiver, speed, and had a lot of upside written about him in articles in 2015. Will this be his year? Ryan Carter, Mark Fields, Edmonds? We've seen these players come up clutch in big games, and sometimes go un-noticed until they make a big play. Watch the tape and you see Carter had a pretty good year sharing with others.

I think Mullen at 6'2, 4 star recruit will one to look out for this year. Venables talked about him highly in the recruiting process. Of course we want the whole backfield to be a wall, Muse is looking better and better at safety. Any takers on Mullen for CB? Or who do you think will be the guy?

ATech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's gonna be that lockdown corner?

Mar 12, 2017, 1:38 AM

After watching an obnoxious amount of film on the guy, I'd have to say that AJ Terrell is going to somehow manage to make his name known EARLY. Not talking anything away from the other guys you've mentioned at all, just saying that AJ has got to be in this discussion come September. Insane talent.

Mar 12, 2017, 7:30 AM

That was going to be my best guess as well. Terrell is a man amongst boys as a freshman. I don't think he starts day one, but look for him to get tons of reps as the year progresses. CB is a stack position for Clemson right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2017, 7:59 AM

Trayvon Mullen and Mark Fields are very good . We have Carter is still on board and is a good player . AJ Terrell and LeAnthony Williams are great looking incoming DBs and there are more than enough options here to find a lot of talent and good depth .
I believe we'll start Mullen and Mark Fields against Kent State and see a healthy rotation according to down and situation.
Mullen is going to be that lock down guy this year , IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 12, 2017, 8:43 AM

K'Von Wallace is also working at corner and being reported that he has looked very good

Mar 12, 2017, 11:47 AM

While we certainly have many talented athletes in the defensive backfield, I worry about technique. It seemed many times last year, our DBs just threw their arms in the air to hopefully deflect a pass and earned defensive pass interference calls too many times. Our guys don't seem to turn and look for the ball enough thereby reducing the chances of getting a flag thrown.

I remember worrying many times a ball was thrown 25+ yards down field on us that we would get a penalty. Anyone else see the same thing? Could just be me.

Mar 12, 2017, 12:01 PM

Don't forget Edmunds. Edmunds and Wallace are solid. Safety, appears to be Van Smith and Muse, and Simmons, and who else?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2017, 11:25 PM

And don't forget that one reason our defensive lines have been so good is because we had two coaches for the line.

Now we have two for the secondary..... jus sayin.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2017, 1:24 AM

No doubt, 2 coaches are making a real difference.

CU Yankee: I think Terrell will be in play this year also, I forgot to mention Him. However, it is Mullen that I think has the highest upside IMO. I guess a few concur with that idea.

At safety, I have heard a lot about Muse. We saw him last year return a fumble to the house. He has fast straight line speed. Other's will contend, but Muse is going to give them a run for their money.

Mar 13, 2017, 1:26 AM

Nobody will be "lock-down" in the same way Alexander was for quite awhile. Carter started in Alexander's former CB spot last season, opposite of Cordrea. Now the question is who will fill the void left behind by Tank's departure. I'd give an early edge to Marcus Edmond, but Mullen will have every opportunity to push for PT. Fields plays Carter's position most often, and he should see some quality reps as well.

The wild card here are the 2 freshman, AJ Terrell and LeAnthony Williams, both of whom are studs. Expect 1 to play and 1 to redshirt

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,286
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic