Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's For Cheese?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Who's For Cheese?

Jan 2, 2019, 7:20 PM

My entire family and wannabees are cheese hounds. I suppose it comes naturally through my Mother. Her family members were dairymen and cheese makers in Monroe County, WI. I have never known of any of my family members not being cheese lovers. Even the Great Grands at two years of age beg for cheese. When the son of one of my nieces was about four years old and not feeling well, he told his Mother a little bit of cheese might make him well.

I have about 15 - 20 pounds of all sorts of cheeses in the refrigerator at the moment but I prefer only two, seriously sharp or extra sharp Cheddar and Jarlsberg. Jarlsberg is a Norwegian cheese, similar to Swiss but with a more distinct taste. We give cheese to many family members during the year and especially at Christmas and get many different cheeses in return, somewhat like a round robin.

My Grandchildren gave me some Cabot three year old white cheddar that is a pure delight. The aging process enhances the flavor and when the cheese crumbles when it is being sliced, you automatically know there is going to be some good eating. It's good eaten alone or with your choice of crackers. Put some on a slice of bread and place it under the broiler in your oven And you will thing you have died and gone to heaven. Now, if you are not a lover of cheese, you may wind up at the other place thinking YOU are in the oven.

If you get to Clemson, drop by for a chat and we'll also enjoy some cheese and wine.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's For Cheese?

Jan 2, 2019, 7:41 PM

Aged Gouda

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic