Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why isn’t VT or Pitt ranked? But USC is.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,648

Why isn’t VT or Pitt ranked? But USC is.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:11 PM

This committee is a joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why isn’t VT or Pitt ranked? But USC is.

Nov 19, 2019, 11:20 PM

They’ve been demonstrating that every week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 19, 2019, 11:41 PM

There is no logic to ranking USC but not Va Tech. USC is 7-4 with a 3 pt loss to ND.
While VaTech is 7-3 with a 1 pt loss to ND and no other out of conference losses.
Neither team has a particularly good win or bad loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT has a 45-10 home loss to Duke. That is a terrible loss

Nov 20, 2019, 12:24 AM

but they have turned it around since then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. But if we’re looking at terrible losses...

Nov 20, 2019, 5:46 AM

Uga has a much more terrible one, and they’re #4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True. But if we’re looking at terrible losses...

Nov 20, 2019, 8:26 PM

It gets no worse than that! Losing, at home to usuc means YOU SUCK, PUBLICLY AND SHAMELESSLY, and ugay should have had any “benefit of the doubt credentials” revoked. They have earned zero!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not exactly true

Nov 20, 2019, 3:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Why isn’t VT or Pitt ranked? But USC is. ]

USC is tie only team to beat Utah

Does it really matter who they put in those last 5 spots?

Nov 20, 2019, 4:02 AM

How would it really change anything if VATech was #25 and Pitt was #23?

Re: Does it really matter who they put in those last 5 spots?

Nov 20, 2019, 6:28 AM

It’s the perception of the acc. You could easily have both in. App St has no business being ranked either... just because they beat two bad p5 teams.

It’s all about getting a team from the west coast and b12 in. Iowa st shouldn’t be ranked either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it really matter who they put in those last 5 spots?

Nov 20, 2019, 8:45 PM

Don’t forget to include all SEC teams as long as they have a winning record......just because they play in the SEC......which is just a bunch of biased crap ESPN continues to spout out so they will continue to get their weekly paychecks from their boss the SEC who pays all the bills and pulls all the stings for ESPN......this nonsense and bias will continue until this purse string running from the SEC to ESPN in broken.....Go Tigers!!!!!

The current CFP Committee rankings definitely have some

Nov 20, 2019, 7:05 AM

questionable rankings in it. The only thing I can figure is that USC (7-4) is ranked because they beat Utah. However, they have lost 3 games since that win so...why give USC so much credit over teams with better records.

Ranking a 7-4 Iowa State over of a 7-3 UVA, Pitt, VA Tech or Wake Forest is a joke. Apparently Iowa State's signature win this past weekend over Texas is what is putting them in the rankings.

The ACC (as a whole) is caught in a "no ranked wins" loop. No ACC team other than Clemson is ranked, so no ACC team is able to get a ranked win in conference play which further exacerbates the ACC's chances of getting ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The current CFP Committee rankings definitely have some

Nov 20, 2019, 7:52 AM

Agree - ACC is suffering from:
A)Clemson being really really good
B) No other really good team

Every other conference has at least 1 other team with 2 or less losses.

However, even when Wake only had 1 loss they got no respect because they’re not a perennial power.

I don’t get why everyone has ACC amnesia after bowls when conferences usually play each other and the ACC more often than not proves the doubters wrong.

Re: The current CFP Committee rankings definitely have some

Nov 20, 2019, 8:00 AM

I don't think Wake was getting a lack of respect from not being a traditional power. I think they were getting a lack of respect because they played a weak OOC schedule that included a 3 point win over Utah State, and they gave up 62 points in their one loss up to that point. They also barely beat 3 other teams with losing records at that point in BC(3 points) UNC(4 points) and FSU(2 points). Also, if Wake deserved respect in the first place then they wouldn't have lost to VT by 19, and would've put up a better effort than a 52-3 loss to Clemson.

I don't get the USC and Iowa State rankings though. Iowa State is just 6-4 including a win in triple overtime against Northern Iowa. Their losses are close games against ranked teams, but at the end of the day you need to win games. I could forgive the 4 losses if they'd actually beaten someone with a pulse to go along with that, or not struggled to beat Northern Iowa.

Wake is currently sitting around #50 in all of the major

Nov 20, 2019, 8:07 AM

computer models that i look at (FPI, SP+, Sagarin, FEI). There's a reason we were favored by 5 TDs despite them having a 7-2 record. Wake isn't that good! They don't deserve a top 25 ranking.

Whoah! Had me for a moment, there!

Nov 20, 2019, 7:16 AM

You mean the REAL USC.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 20, 2019, 7:56 AM

The "I" test got in there way!! Mullens said I want a PAC12 team in so we need more wins against ranked opponents so lets get this done!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because USC has a top 10 win***

Nov 20, 2019, 8:05 AM

Yep.***

Nov 20, 2019, 8:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have more of an issue with 5 G5 teams being ranked

Nov 20, 2019, 9:48 AM

that's a joke. Memphis and maybe 1 other(Boise maybe) should be ranked. The others are at best .500 teams in any P5 conference.

that said.... the committee doesn't look at #25 as a cutoff

Nov 20, 2019, 9:52 AM

for quality wins etc. like the public/media. TAM WF @ Louisville would all be considered quality wins in the committees eyes

USC has played a tougher schedule than VT

Nov 20, 2019, 9:57 AM

and they have a better win (Utah), they both have a bad loss VT to duke by 35, and USC to BYU. Having said that I’m not sure USC would beat VT in a head to head, but based on resumé I’m fine with USC ahead of VT.

Nov 20, 2019, 9:59 AM

They have a better W and they lost to Oregon, ND, BYU in OT, and Washington. VT lost BC, Duke by 35, and ND. I could see it either way but a top 10 W certainly helped USC. If VT beats Pitt this week they will jump in the top 25.

committee = buncha dumbazzes.***

Nov 20, 2019, 11:26 AM

Any team vying a division championship

Nov 20, 2019, 11:48 AM

probably ought to be.

Nov 20, 2019, 11:57 AM

Agree. And throw UVA in there too. Southern Cal and Iowa State have no reason to be in the top 25.

Their win over Utah

Nov 20, 2019, 12:01 PM

Is much stronger than anything VT has done this year.

Yes they both have a close loss to ND. USC's other losses are a blowout to Oregon and an 14 point road loss to Washington and a close loss to an average BYU team.

Aside from a mandatory game vs ND, Va Tech's "Aggressive" non-conference slate included the likes of
ODU (Old Dominion if you aren't from VA)
Furman (Whom they scored late against to win 24-17)
Rhode Island

I'll grant you they are playing well later in the season, but nothing on their resume (there's not one good win) screams it's an injustice they aren't ranked and USC is. No black helicopters to see here.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:36 PM

Ask ESPN because they can tell you why.....they are the experts and decides who gets ranked and who is rank.......like the ACC....Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,648
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic