Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some media are down right crooked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,113

Some media are down right crooked

Sep 3, 2013, 11:38 PM

For example: we all heard chad Morris indicate that there are always things we can work on to improve. And as an example, he said that Boyd was a little slow late in the game getting his eyes to the sideline. Not a big thing but that it was just one thing we can improve. Nothing huge but room for improvement. Now obviously chad Morris thinks the world of Boyd and would never publicly criticize him in appropriately . He was just offering some insight as to an example of the little things that EVEN tajh can work on to get even better.

Of course the media hears this and even though some are reporting it accurately, other sources are posting it with titles similar to "Morris calls tajh slow" or " tajh slows Clemson down" or some crap. It is as if they are trying grab attention by reporting things in an untrue fashion. We all know there is a distinct difference between TRUTH and FACT. For example :

Fact: mark and Sarah are in love.

Truth: but not with each other.

I think it's wrong to write these headlines in a fashion that reflects untruthful to its content. It's tarnishing. Why not write, " Morris mentions some areas to improve," as a headline.

I really think more care should be taken when these things are written to more accurately reflect its true context and intent and bit some bogus attempt to cause someone harm, on any level or degree. Do the right thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll stop at nothing to get the clicks dude***

Sep 3, 2013, 11:48 PM

You are not kidding my friend***

Sep 3, 2013, 11:50 PM

Re: Some media are down right crooked

Sep 4, 2013, 12:22 AM

Not for nothing, but every media outlet does the same thing, even this site. Case in point the other day there was a headline on here that read "Aaron Kelly signs with new team." It wasn't until you opened it that it was revealed that it was a CFL team, because had they put CFL in the headline, most people wouldn't have clicked on it.

Agree, and will use the distorted reporting of it to hurt

Sep 4, 2013, 12:31 AM

Tajh's Heisman chances, if they can.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Whoa, whoa, whoa

Sep 4, 2013, 5:58 AM

Mark and Sarah are in love? We need more info here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I was Surprised the Coach would single out Boyd

Sep 4, 2013, 6:18 AM

The Coach should have been trained in how to deal with the media. Not by Dabo! haha Some public relations person associated with the University should do it

Tajh did slow Clemson down according to Morris

Sep 4, 2013, 6:37 AM

He was slow to get signals from sidelines in 2nd half because he was busy being a fan and watching hot rod run. Tajh said so himself.

So what headline would you write? Boyd and Morris in love?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,113
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic