Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole update :(
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 647

Cole update :(

Apr 24, 2020, 3:57 PM

Cole has cancer. It's causing bone deformation in the middle of his back that has compressed the spine. The cancer is attached to his spinal cord and they can't remove it all during surgery due to its location. Any surgical intervention and radiography will only extend his life slightly/unknown. Options right now are surgery and committing to radiography, just doing radiography hoping it shrinks the tumor so his spinal cord isn't compressed (he's in pain right now), or saying goodbye to my best friend. Waiting until tomorrow to hear from radiology. I’m not ready for this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sorry dood

Apr 24, 2020, 3:59 PM

that sux. pet em while you got em, then smoke em when they're gone. I'll drink one for you tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so sorry***

Apr 24, 2020, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Whoa bud, so sorry to hear.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:01 PM

Give him lots of love and treats! I went through this with the original Ayejoe about 2 years ago and it sucks out loud.

I'm sure you have plenty of support from friends and family, but if venting to a internet stranger will help shoot me a t-male.

Really really sorry.

Dang. I’m sorry bro.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:01 PM

Love ya man. Hate y’all are going through this.

Re: Cole update :(

Apr 24, 2020, 4:02 PM

Man, so sorry to hear this. Have a long chat with him tonight, let him know he’s a good boy and how loved he is. He’ll let you know what he wants.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to hear this, Cole basically grew up with all of us.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:03 PM

Hoping for a miracle, my friend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dammitall.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:05 PM

I figured this would be the likely case just based on anecdotal experience with every Golden and lab I've owned or known. For dogs with expected 13 year lifespans (give or take), it seems like a miracle if they make it past 11, and 9 out of 10 seem to be cancer. My dad had to put his Golden down a couple weeks ago, she was only 8. She had raw spots on her nose and her paw pads, so he suspected lupus or cancer. Tested positive for lymphoma, and the type she had attacks certain soft tissues (nose and pads, for example). It got very painful and difficult for her to even walk, and there's just nothing that could even be done. She probably had another few months in her, but it's just not fair (in his estimation, and I agreed, but others might think differently) to make her suffer from simple things like going outside to pee. Drugs made her constipated, and at that point...it was time.

I love Goldens, but I don't think I'll ever have another one because fuck cancer. I'm so sorry for you and Cole. Spoil the shit out of him, make him comfortable, and he'll let you know when it's time. Good thoughts your way, amigo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C not as common in labs.***

Apr 24, 2020, 4:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear sk... Those puppy dogs are a part of us.***

Apr 24, 2020, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man this sucks, sorry to hear.***

Apr 24, 2020, 4:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:21 PM

sent you a t-mail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole update :(

Apr 24, 2020, 4:22 PM

That is so sad. I feel for you and Cole. Even makes me bummed. Our best buddies leave us too soon or we leave them one day. The timing can't be perfect. Sorry to hear. Awful.

:( ******

Apr 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so sorry Bud. Hang in there.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

I miss the Cole cam.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I'm sorry.***

Apr 24, 2020, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that sucks, sorry to hear it***

Apr 24, 2020, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So #### sorry man...***

Apr 24, 2020, 5:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Cole. Cancer is a beotch. T&P's.***

Apr 24, 2020, 5:40 PM

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Sorry to hear this....

Apr 24, 2020, 6:30 PM

starting to tear up looking at my pup and reading this. Can't be easy. We're never ready!

Hang in there man, and passing T&Ps your way!

So sorry man. Similar situation almost two years ago.

Apr 24, 2020, 7:00 PM

Brought our dog to the vet and just thought he was under the weather. A day later, we had to make the decision to put him down because he needed emergency surgery for a tumor.

Even if he survived the surgery, quality of life was not great. Very sad turn of events.

Prayers to you and Cole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear

Apr 24, 2020, 7:08 PM

I’d love to give a joungy response, but it’s not the time nor the place.

Best of luck with it all.

Eat a bag of #####!

Apr 24, 2020, 7:23 PM

I’m drunk. Is that Lounge enough for youcunt?

Back off brotha. ******

Apr 24, 2020, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I drunkenly read, I’d love to hear a joungey response.

Apr 24, 2020, 7:42 PM

I thought I was doing a good job. But I’m not a good boy. Not this time. Maybe next.

sorry to hear. Dogs are the best....

Apr 24, 2020, 7:54 PM

but sometimes put you through the worst.

Cherish every minute you have with them.

I am so sorry for you and Cole.

Apr 24, 2020, 7:59 PM

No words for this situation. I already shed a tear remembering being in similar situations too many times.

Gonna go pet my pup now and wish the best for you and Cole.

Thanks for letting Cole be part of the Lunge - him's a real good boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that. This won't make you feel any better, but

Apr 24, 2020, 8:27 PM

we've all had to go through this. It sucks donkey meat. I've had several boxers that were truly members of the family. But that breed has a propensity for cancer. Fairly short life spans... 10 to 12 years on avg. Cried like a baby every time I've had to put one down. And get a bit sad whenever the anniversary of their deaths roll around. I remember every date. It truly is like losing a family member. Because it is.

All you can do is make their last days as comfortable as possible. And remember the good times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 27
| visibility 647
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic