Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will start on the DL at Alburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Who will start on the DL at Alburn

Apr 8, 2016, 2:10 PM

I say Bryant Wilkins Watkins and Yeargin. With Ferrell Pagano Dex and Register as the 2 deep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you have it correct.***

Apr 8, 2016, 2:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who will start on the DL at Alburn

Apr 8, 2016, 2:17 PM

That seems right to me as well but let me add I really think Wilkins ends up playing some quality snaps at defensive end if Yeargin doesn't produce pretty quickly. That allows Dex to move into the defensive tackle spot and really slow down any running game Auburn was thinking about having.

Apr 8, 2016, 2:56 PM

With Kelly coming in and maybe Davis putting on weight and Johnson at DE we could be 3 deep. Jabril and Huggins along with Pinckney if he doesn't RS and Cervenka who was a champion wrestler like Grady Jarrett I believe we could have a solid 3 deep that could start at most scho

Apr 8, 2016, 2:56 PM

Schools*

Apr 8, 2016, 2:33 PM

Bryant and Ferrell at end. Yeargin III plays a bunch, probably the only other end to see the field unless Xavier Kelly just really tears it up in Fall camp. I think if somebody else sees snaps at end it'll be Wilkins.

Watkins and Pagano at DT, but Lawrence and Wilkins, obviously, will see time. With so many quality DT I think you'll see them pull out the "heavy" set wherever possible and go 5 DL and I do think Huggins will see the field in those kind of sets as well. If a sixth DT sees time it'll be Jabril Robinson...who is actually pretty good, there's just a serious logjam of players around him.

Apr 8, 2016, 3:04 PM

BTW...you likely won't see Carlos Watkins and Christian Wilkins playing a ton together.

Both are largely considered "3-tech" or "under" tackles. Watkins is purely a 3-tech. Wilkins is big enough, and certainly strong enough, to play the 1-tech nose tackle spot, but in an ideal world you want to put him in a spot to disrupt and use his quicks...which is why putting him in as an end isn't such a terrible idea. As long as your end has the lateral agility to seal the edge and cover to the sideline, there's no law that says a DE can't be 300+ pounds. Even if it is unfair.

Whatever, the guy on the field with either of those two, when they're playing DT, will be the 1-tech, the nose tackle. Pagano plays that spot. Ditto for Dexter Lawrence. My feeling is the coaches will tend to play the older guys together, getting those all important on-paper "starts" for the benefit of NFL scouts, and the younger guys (who don't need the official "starts") together, so you'll see two pairs composed of Watkins/Pagano and Wilkins/Lawrence who pretty much rotate 50/50. But Watkins and Pagano will almost certainly "start" at DT.

Another lineup you'll probably potentially see is Wilkins playing end, with Watkins/Pagano "starting" at DT, and a pair composed of Albert Huggins (at 3-tech) and Dexter Lawrence (at 1-tech) playing behind them. I do think you'll probably see that a fair bit on running downs especially.

Lawrence

Apr 8, 2016, 3:16 PM

Any chance he ends up the starter by years end?

Re: Lawrence

Apr 8, 2016, 3:18 PM

He will play more then he sits in my opinion! I can't wait to see some of these new guys in person tomorrow. They look huge in photos!

Apr 8, 2016, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Lawrence ]

> Any chance he ends up the starter by years end?

Don't see it. I think Pagano has earned the right to start and will start. Pagano is NFL material and will get his chance to show it this year. Considering it will effect Lawrence not in the slightest if he doesn't start as a true frosh, but it WOULD be somewhat detrimental to Pagano's NFL aspirations if he doesn't start as, what, a redshirt junior, and also considering the two are likely going to be rotating and splitting the snaps 50/50 anyhow, it's probably Pagano's job to lose, not Lawrence's to win.

Just my opinion. But the coaches usually will give the official "start" to the veteran player in such a circumstance.

Hard to believe how stacked we are.

Apr 8, 2016, 3:50 PM

I also like the way the coaches are helping players with their draft stock. I didn't realize that was going on. Pretty awesome. Moreover, we should be blowing may teams out by early 3rd quarter. Lawrence will get tons of pt. I might have had too much coffee today, but I couldn't be more amped up for the season.

Re: Hard to believe how stacked we are.

Apr 8, 2016, 3:53 PM

I haven't had any coffee and I'm amped! Can't wait to leave Charleston in the dust tomorrow morning for the beauty of Clemson and Death Valley!

Re: Hard to believe how stacked we are.

Apr 8, 2016, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Hard to believe how stacked we are. ]

I just cannot wait till tomorrow!!! September will be here before we know it but I am just as pumped as you are. Alburn best start getting ready.

Apr 8, 2016, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence ]

> > Any chance he ends up the starter by years end?
>
> Don't see it. I think Pagano has earned the right to
> start and will start.
Pagano is NFL material and will
> get his chance to show it this year. Considering it
> will effect Lawrence not in the slightest if he
> doesn't start as a true frosh, but it WOULD be
> somewhat detrimental to Pagano's NFL aspirations if
> he doesn't start as, what, a redshirt junior, and
> also considering the two are likely going to be
> rotating and splitting the snaps 50/50 anyhow, it's
> probably Pagano's job to lose, not Lawrence's to
> win.
>
> Just my opinion. But the coaches usually will give
> the official "start" to the veteran player in such a
> circumstance.

Pagano might technically "start" more games than Wilkins but Wilkins had 101 more total snaps from scrimmage as a true freshman than Pagano did as a redshirt Sophomore last year and he will have more snaps this year as well.

1st snap I think it'll be Wilkins, Pagano, Watkins, Bryant

Apr 9, 2016, 1:04 AM

In crunch time I think it'll be Wilkins, Lawrence, Watkins, Yeargin

Apr 8, 2016, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Who will start on the DL at Alburn ]

I will bet all my $ that Wilkins and Watkins start beside each other. We will see though but how could we not. Idc what technique they are they will start. I believe I saw them playing beside each other last year plenty of times.

Apr 8, 2016, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Who will start on the DL at Alburn ]

> BTW...you likely won't see Carlos
> Watkins and Christian Wilkins playing > a ton together.

They were on the a bunch together last season

Apr 8, 2016, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Who will start on the DL at Alburn ]

Short yardage is pretty good... possibly Wilkins, Pagano, Lawrence, Watkins, and Huggins across the front. If I were the opponent I don't think I would go goal line formation. Go Tigers!

Montravius Adams***

Apr 8, 2016, 3:57 PM

Sucks he is still around. Would have thought he was gone***

Apr 8, 2016, 4:01 PM

nm

Sounds very good, our 2 deep is more like "We 2 Deep"!

Apr 8, 2016, 4:02 PM

Built to win in 4th quarter .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is the DTs will sub out a lot

Apr 8, 2016, 5:06 PM

There are a lot of guys who could be in the 2-deep at any time at DT. I also think Kelly will have a good shot at being in the 2-deep next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic