Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will be our next FB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Who will be our next FB?

Jul 25, 2013, 7:50 AM

Once Darrell Smith leaves after this year, who will replace him?

IMO I think we could utilize the FB position more. I think whoever it is needs to be an athletic all purpose type of guy. 5'11+ 220-240 lbs.

Block- First and foremost the need to have the size and strength to pave the way for our RBs.

Run- Deshaun Watson or Chad Kelly is going to need someone to help get them those tough 3 and short yards up the middle until they get big and strong enough to take the same kindof punishment Boyd has been taking. Also it provides another element to our option attack and threat with the PA.

Catch- It would also help if they had a safety option to PA and dump routes off to our of the backfield.

I think Jay Jay would be the best fit considered hes already been a proven RB. He has the size. Developing his hands at the TE position now. And hes learning to block at the TE position now too. Hes very athletic.

Milan Richard would be my next pick. You could get him on the field early pending he picks up the blocking schemes well enough. You could alternate him between the TE and FB position to get him in early. He is a very strong good runner and catcher already. He has the size as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good - I agree we need to utilize fb more for tough yards***

Jul 25, 2013, 8:00 AM

Ideally a Mike Tolbert type! HOW GREAT ofa weapon would that

Jul 25, 2013, 8:51 AM

be for our next QB and Chad Morris.

Technically, the 4 back is called the "fullback" in

Jul 25, 2013, 9:58 AM

Chad's offense, which he uses like an H-back/TE in most sets. However, last year Andre spent a lot of time as the 4 back as well. He stands beside Tajh in the gun, whereas the 3 back, or "tailback", is more of a mixture between slot WR/RB/and TE. In other words, our offense doesn't have a dedicated FB position in the traditional sense. Because of this, the FB could potentially be 4 different people over the course of a game, so I think we could see a lot of players fill those roles. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a lot of people will end up being our "next FB". Darrell is something of a leftover piece from our former offensive system.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he might be searching for a home in Chad's spread

Jul 25, 2013, 10:22 AM

But when the ball's on the 5 yard line and Tajh is looking it to bring it home, you better believe ole Darrell will be out in front putting somebody in the ground.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carlos Danger - he can stick folks inside***

Jul 25, 2013, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic