Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who still thinks Martavis should have come back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,857

Who still thinks Martavis should have come back?

Nov 9, 2014, 5:03 PM

Like I said last week, he looks like a #### genius right now!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i will admit I originally thought he should stay

Nov 9, 2014, 5:05 PM

Glad to eat crow. He is clearly ready and unfortunately this year' QB issues would have killed his draft stock

Yup, I ate my crow on that 2 weeks ago.

Did not think he was NFL ready, but clearly is.

Only thing he did wrong going early was not get a huge up front contract...hopefully he can renegotiate quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Who still thinks Martavis should have come back?

Me if we are just going by what I want for Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a chance to be ROY @ the NFL and this big***

Nov 9, 2014, 5:07 PM

I hope his agent negotiated something for that in his contract.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Nov 9, 2014, 5:10 PM

no way!!! At the time he left, he would have thought Stoudt would have been the QB. Our recievers this year are not getting the kudo's that they would have if Watson had not gotten injured.

Martavis made the correct decision

Nov 9, 2014, 5:11 PM

If he wanted money, he should have.

And yall can spare me the argument about him not having good stats this year. Because his talent was never in question --- it was his maturity and work ethic.

I love to see him do well, but a guy who would have easily been taken 2 rounds earlier had he stayed another year is basically playing at a huge discount for the first few years of his career.

Again, glad to see him dominate, but I would have liked to see him get paid a little more commensurate with his talent. Whatever floats his boat.

I think he would've gone about the same after this year

Nov 9, 2014, 5:20 PM

But nobody knows. He could've had a career ending injury or something.

I wish he was still here but I don't think it would've helped or hurt his draft position.

I do he getting paid 25% what Sammy got he would been 1st

Nov 9, 2014, 5:14 PM

Round and made this years salary plus with signing bonus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do he getting paid 25% what Sammy got he would been 1st

Nov 9, 2014, 5:21 PM

but would he have shined in our offense with Watson out?? Not sure he would have been that noticed to get 1st round

Re: I do he getting paid 25% what Sammy got he would been 1st

Nov 9, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I do he getting paid 25% what Sammy got he would been 1st ]

Bingo TexTiger....He lost a boatload of money.....should have purchased insurance and come back. Just my opinion. He could have other reasons.

Nov 9, 2014, 5:20 PM

Since he is making league min, yes he should have come back. One year and the signing bonus is much better than playing out a crappy contract.

I'm sure he is suffering at 420K a year.

Nov 9, 2014, 11:44 PM

Do you think he has to pay for a meal in Pittsburgh now? Next will be appearance fees and local commercial offers. He'll be fine.

he showed us.***

Nov 9, 2014, 5:41 PM

I think he'd have made more money if he came back

Nov 9, 2014, 5:46 PM

The issue with him wasn't talent. He was obviously going to be a great player. But he might've been drafted higher if he'd waited til he was more of the featured WR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with our QB problems this year I don't think so

Nov 9, 2014, 8:59 PM

If DW hadn't been injured then yes, for sure.

it's about contract value, not performance...

Nov 9, 2014, 5:49 PM

he would likely have made more in 1 contract year than he is currently making in any 2 years if he had come back and starred.

Getting drafted in the 1st or 2nd round one year later than a possible 4th round pick in the year before.

In other words, why do you think Vic Beasley came back? Contract value… not performance….

Vic knew he was coming back to be part of an

Nov 9, 2014, 5:57 PM

elite defense that would allow him to show out without being the sole focus of opposing teams' OLs. Martavis is basically a deep threat WR and I don't think he would've had a first-round type year had he stayed for his senior season..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt can't throw a deep ball or a fade pattern

Nov 9, 2014, 6:08 PM [ in reply to it's about contract value, not performance... ]

Nobody foresaw Watson coming in right away and being the guy. Bryant figure Cole was most likely the incumbent at QB and probably realized his strengths were the likely starting QB's weaknesses. Knowing what you now know about Cole (remember Martavis has probably known for 3 years what we just found out this year because he saw him everyday in practice), if you were a 6'4 speed demon who excels in the vertical passing game, would you honestly have stayed?

Re: Stoudt can't throw a deep ball or a fade pattern***

Nov 9, 2014, 6:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt can't throw a deep ball or a fade pattern***

Nov 10, 2014, 8:24 AM

Where's the video of the fade pattern he threw to A. Scott where Scott got mugged, but the ball was so poorly thrown that the refs couldn't throw the flag because it was uncatchable? Where's the video showcasing Cole's ability to complete the deep ball? I can tell you that the video to my last question doesn't exist.

Nov 9, 2014, 7:51 PM

I do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish he would have stayed...we could use him

Nov 9, 2014, 9:01 PM

Can you imagine a Watson/Bryant duo? That would be sick...definitely would be undefeated right now

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh cost us games not throwing to Martavis

Nov 9, 2014, 10:02 PM

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again. Against FSU and SC ... when they covered Sammy and stopped the run ... then it was game over. Martavis was always much more talented the 1st team All-ACC Tajh who just would not throw him the ball consistently.

Maturity has nothing to do with it. Favre, Manziel, Jameis, Terry Bradshaw and others were as immature as could be in college and they ran their teams at the QB position. As great as Sammy was and is, it just made the team worse. Great QB's like Rodgers and Brees and Peyton use all their receivers. Martavis has proven he had the skills all along. Good for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do. He would earn 10 times what is is earning now.***

Nov 9, 2014, 10:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,857
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic