Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks to Tennesee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Thanks to Tennesee

Dec 3, 2013, 9:04 AM

South Carolina won't be going to the SEC championship or a BCS Bowl.

This was supposed to be their year! Well, it's just another trip back to the Outback.

They somehow managed to get the old chicken curse switched to the Tigers for the last five rivalry games.

I like our chances of getting back on track in 2014!

Good old Rocky Top. Rocky Top Tennessee, Rocky Top Tennessee

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks to Tennesee

Dec 3, 2013, 9:06 AM

supposed to be ours too. so before we get to smug we havent backed into a BCS bowl yet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supposed to be Clemson's year too***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:07 AM

Who said this was supposed to be Clemson's year?

Dec 3, 2013, 9:15 AM

I didn't think it was supposed to be Clemson's year. I thought there were still huge questions about the defense and the offensive line.

Everything I heard said that this year's Clemson team had the skill players but didn't have the defense or offensive line to compete as a national power.

According to what I heard, the defense played beyond expectations.

you can think what you want.......

Dec 3, 2013, 9:20 AM

we're gonna have "holes" every year........seemingly every team does.

we had a 5th year Sr. "record breaking" QB........a very experienced and talented WR group...........a defensive front seven that contrary to what you "heard" I heard different, the coaches said all preseason that we have a good front 7 on defense that will surprise people. I'd say they did

you think we had questions this year????.....we had less questions this year than we've had in a while and we underachieved TREMENDOUSLY!!

Re: you can think what you want.......

Dec 3, 2013, 9:23 AM

Thank you for confirming what I said.

We had good skill players.

And a defense that would have to surprise people to be considered good.

again.......it was "our year" and yet

Dec 3, 2013, 9:30 AM

we lost the two most important games of the year

how people can "like our chances" next year blows my mind

Why do you even bother?

Dec 3, 2013, 9:38 AM

You would have us changing coaches, like underwear and rebuilding every other year, when things don't work out to suit you.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i haven't said to change coaches b/c unfortunately.........

Dec 3, 2013, 9:45 AM

we're stuck

we're going to go a meaningless 10-2 in a pathetic conference losing to the gamecocks EVERY YEAR

my simple question that some have answered.......and I'd be curious to hear yours is........what's the number???....for you i assume it's not 5straight......what about 6? 7? 8?.........OR south carolina is meaningless to you as long as we go 10-2 every year??? try your best not to dodge the question

Zero. That's my answer. Yeah, we're stuck, in a "crappy"

Dec 3, 2013, 10:03 AM

conference. Football has taken some bounces, that weren't in our favor. Do I think that USC has a better team and program, right now, than we do? Not really. I also refuse to gloss over the fact that their mini streak coincides with an NCAA investigation and findings of lack of institutional control. So, they're out cheating us, right now.

To have over a hundred years of misery, right now, somehow, they have a golden horseshoe shoved up their ###.

Watching the game on Saturday, I was furious at the amount of just plain ol bullshirt that we had happen to us. The FSU game? That was just embarrassing. But, you? You've been miserable, for years, win or lose.

So, what you would like is for us to switch coaches, switch conferences, switch uniforms, switch mascots and possible even move the entire thing to a different state. You don't like anything about this program. Which brings us back to the beginning. Why do you even bother?

that was either a great dodge or you misunderstood the ???..

Dec 3, 2013, 10:12 AM

what's the number of years dabo should be allowed to lose to his rivals consecutively????

you said 0.......so you think he shoulda been gone after 09???????

there has to be a number OR maybe not maybe you're fine with going 10-2 every year and losing to South Carolina........and that's your opinion, I'm just curious where you stand??

I honestly gave him a "pass" after 09 and even 10 b/c we flat out sucked in 10............but after 2011 i lost complete faith that dabo could beat spurrier again and just held onto hope that he could prove me wrong

PASS? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUN OUT ON A RAIL IN 2009!

Dec 3, 2013, 10:17 AM

What do you think that dabo could have done different, on Saturday? One thing, that would have sealed that game for us. One thing.

Come on, pheeble. I have work to do.***

Dec 3, 2013, 10:27 AM

Re: PASS? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUN OUT ON A RAIL IN 2009!

Dec 3, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to PASS? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUN OUT ON A RAIL IN 2009! ]

Our team takes on the personality of their coach.........Dabo is "scared" of spurrier and KNOWS he's owned by spurrier.........and spurrier KNOWS that.

Dabo coaches (to steal a term from a previous poster) with his "nuts in his throat"..........our players play with "their nuts in their throats".........they are so friggin nervous when playing them and at the slightest sign of adversity they panic.........JUST LIKE THEIR COACH

why do you think we had 6 turnovers..........they got "too cute" and "too nervous"..........i understand dabo doesn't "dabble" with the play calling, but he coulda/shoulda stepped in when he heard the double pass call and said why don't we ride what got us down here.......but he didn't that momentum swing was MASSIVE

and seeing a day or two after the game tnet posting the player tweets about a great season and get on board blah blah blah........is just a reflection of dabo putting them on the offensive for losing to South Carolina. I don't think our players WANT the USC game like USC players WANT it that's also a reflection of dabo.

he's done some good things here and he may end up winning 10 straight for all i know, but all i can do is hope at this point b/c dabo gives me ZERO confidence in beating south carolina or even FSU (now that they're "back").......which are the 2 most important games every year

I only saw one "playing with his nuts in his throat" and, we

Dec 3, 2013, 10:36 AM

all know who that was. Personally? I would have yanked him when he danced with clown. Why our coaches refuse to see him melting down is beyond me.

Re: you can think what you want.......

Dec 3, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to you can think what you want....... ]

I agree with Pheebo. If 2013 didn't set up to be THE YEAR then what criteria is one looking for? You can't hope to field an NFL team combined with a weak schedule.

Wasn't this the 'Year After Next' from two years ago? ***

Dec 3, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Who said this was supposed to be Clemson's year? ]

nm

TigerTank

Dec 3, 2013, 9:23 AM

People were saying 2013 was Clemson's year as far back as 2011.

Re: TigerTank

Dec 3, 2013, 9:35 AM

The truth is that you guys beat a team that was inferior in the trenches because of turnovers.

Clemson had a chance to upset the mighty 2013 gamecocks like Tennessee, but it just didn't work out.

Things should even up next year.

Dec 3, 2013, 9:31 AM

Wow.....another proxy win for Clemson.

Just Acknowldeging Tennesee for their success

Dec 3, 2013, 9:41 AM

Still disappointed in our loss even though this was supposed to be the year the Gamecocks would win the SEC.

Re: Just Acknowldeging Tennesee for their success

Dec 3, 2013, 9:53 AM

Tenn has not had any success for about 5 years now. If not for Ky, they would have the worst record in the SEC in that period.

No dodge

Dec 3, 2013, 9:50 AM

Next year we will go 10-2 or 11-1 with almost a sure loss at FSU, toss up game at uga, win finale vs scar. So if we go 11-1 I'm sure you'll gripe about FSU but they bring back everyone don't know many teams from ANY conference that would be favored there.

This wasn't "our year"

Dec 3, 2013, 10:18 AM

I'm not sure where you get that from as it's been thoroughly documented that we are the youngest team in CFB. Saturday night I watched the quickest Senior Day ever...five. No one in their right mind thought this was "the year". Did we think we had a shot? Of course. Hats off to Mizzou as I really thought they'd drop one of their last two.

Bottom line is we have a chance to win 11 games 3 years in a row and that includes some pretty marquee wins, including those over the Tigers, so there's not much moaning in Columbia. The program is heading in the right direction and a Top 5 finish this year is entirely possible.

When did Tiger fans become the "Wait til next year" crowd?

Dec 3, 2013, 10:22 AM

Thanks billion!***

Dec 3, 2013, 10:40 AM

Who projected USC to win the SEC?

Dec 3, 2013, 10:47 AM

Or are we just making things up to pretend USC underachieved?

One conference championship ....over achievers for sure***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:10 AM

Re: One conference championship ....over achievers for sure***

Dec 3, 2013, 12:08 PM

You guys just make your team look worse and worse....losing 5 in a row to a, and I quote "one conference championship..." team, statements is really belittling your progress. I would think you would want to say....we lost to a good SEC quality team. No shame there....but 5 in a row to a bunch of guys that can't win the SEC....well you get the picture.

I love it when y'all admit mediocrity. Big picture 65-42-4***

Dec 3, 2013, 3:21 PM

Re: I love it when y'all admit mediocrity. Big picture 65-42-4***

Dec 3, 2013, 6:25 PM

Only losers have to dwell on how good the past was. Germany thought they had the upper hand once under Hitler, y'all know how that ended since you're such history buffs.

Dec 3, 2013, 2:27 PM

As to who said this was your year, it was, wait for it, Dabo! Check it out - it's on vine and all over Facebook.

Its called gamecocking***

Dec 3, 2013, 3:58 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic